stevemead08

steve 09 silverado crew cab

Nice work. Those little guys are taking a beating huh? A 1500D at .5ohm will do that!

Congrats with the wife! :woot: I was lovin' the 8" in the door lol made me want to do it. Vids would be pretty sweet!!! :runlaugh:

my condolences on the FatMat

nice install though so far

nice choice of ladder too

I took the re audio 8s i bought a few months back and instead of selling them or chunking them i figured they would be good mid-bass speakers so i made some "adjustments" to the door and door panel to make them fit and still look stealth. Some tin snips and 3/4 mdf rings and they fit like a glove.

silveradoproject033.jpgsilveradoproject034.jpgsilveradoproject035.jpgsilveradoproject038.jpgsilveradoproject037.jpgsilveradoproject039.jpgsilveradoproject040.jpgsilveradoproject036.jpgsilveradoproject042.jpgsilveradoproject041.jpgsilveradoproject043.jpg

How did the 8s sound in the door? -really want to try it out. Did you have anything else for the vocals?

I cant say. i never had everything hooked up together. build still in the works.

Where does that power wire come in at?

Also I have a duramax with dual batteries and my power wire is on the driverside running through the firewall as of right now

I cut a hole in the floor, protected the wires from the sheet metal, and sealed it up around the wires.

Did you get your 8's yet? And are you going to post some vid of them in action?

No. No SA-8s yet. i think jacob hates me. hes teasing me i guess. i modded my previous box to accept the 4 8s.

That poor box has seen many transformations in the past 6 months. :bull:

Damn bro, sorry your 8's aren't in yet. I got mine in the room just staring at em for now :shrug:

Damn bro, sorry your 8's aren't in yet. I got mine in the room just staring at em for now :shrug:

Wanna share them with me??? lol :drink40:

heres an update. the SA-8s will be here tomorrow, so i did some prep work. i modified the current box to house the 4 sa-8s and installed a 2nd battery.

010.jpg009.jpg001.jpg002.jpg003.jpg

Yea lets see those 8s in there!!! You got them! What are you waiting for? Lol. LOTS OF PICTURES TOO!

Nice battery.trink40.gif Coming along nicely Steve, Keep up the good work.

steve, i have seen builds where a portion of the enclosure is glassed...thickly, multiple layers... but still offers more air than the straight path that the mdf offers....

what is your take on the body lines and this install approach? does it look as if it would offer up some addtional room? enough to encourage the project to move forward?

i wonder if you were to glass it out to the max dimensions....then design a 4th order, sorta the same, subs facing up and ports firing forward, approach.... but let the lower chamber, the top sealed.... the subs face into a sealed chamber, straight up.... this would be, of coarse, them inverted and truly be firing into the ported...sorry, poor wording here....

wish you could see me pointing at the imaginary box i just built in my head, lol

does what i am saying make sense?

seems like you would stand to gain output this way...and flatten the response some....

the design should offer a way to "switch out" the different bafflesand ports, it has been suggested that when designing fourth orders to plan on at least three designs to "nail" it...... then you could begin to paint and finalize the look after testing.....

just a thought, if not this approach, the glassed bottom still might offer more airspace for a typical ported enclosure.....

chop

Chop. i kinda understand what your saying. i dont have a center seatbelt anymore so i could glass a protrution on the center front to give more space or accomadate the port? part of my problem is it i find each little nook and cranny to steal space, how do i know my final cu ft to figure out tuning? im kinda lost here. :suicide-santa:

i have never attempted it, however, i have heard of sand , packaging peanuts, and other items that you can fill up the area with, transfere it to a container that you do know what the volume is....this should give you good results, all seems tedious and over the top...... lol, probably the exact reason i threw it out there for you.... lol

i would assume this is the best path, being creative with what item you use will be key...

chop