mrbully

i saw that the rockford t 1500 bd is around 600$ is this correct

it was sounding to good to be true. didn't know if these amps are ok. wanting to put it on 2 l7 kicker 15. thanks. saw it on on line car stereo.com

it was sounding to good to be true. didn't know if these amps are ok. wanting to put it on 2 l7 kicker 15. thanks. saw it on on line car stereo.com

need all the help i can get been away from the scean for many years now. lol. and can't believe 1500 watts that cheap. but i hope so.lol. wow just saw ssa store has it for 485$ now i know it's true. will it work for a couple of hours with out getting hot on 2 l7 15 . i know they say the kickers can't take much power over rms so the 1500 should be perfect just don't want it getting hot to fast. thanks.

Edited by mrbully

need all the help i can get been away from the scean for many years now. lol. and can't believe 1500 watts that cheap. but i hope so.lol. wow just saw ssa store has it for 485$ now i know it's true. will it work for a couple of hours with out getting hot on 2 l7 15 . i know they say the kickers can't take much power over rms so the 1500 should be perfect just don't want it getting hot to fast. thanks.

I would look at one of these from Jacob. SAZ1500D used Its from the owner himself with warranty. Smaller footprint also. Im not sure if its the kicker or fosgate that has the fixed 45hz subsonic filter setting but the sundown is variable.

600$ for 1500rms that is a decent price but i know if you look into sundown the sae 1200 (outputs over 1770rms at 1ohm) the saz1500(outputs 1900plus) and those amps cost around 250-350 and the saz 2000 is about 475bnib (and outputs 2500Plus) and the saz 3000 is around 575 and the saz 3500 is around 800 (if you can find it) and out puts close to 3800!

so before you drop 600$ on something just shop around and remember used amps are normaly so much cheaper!

600$ for 1500rms that is a decent price but i know if you look into sundown the sae 1200 (outputs over 1770rms at 1ohm) the saz1500(outputs 1900plus) and those amps cost around 250-350 and the saz 2000 is about 475bnib (and outputs 2500Plus) and the saz 3000 is around 575 and the saz 3500 is around 800 (if you can find it) and out puts close to 3800!

so before you drop 600$ on something just shop around and remember used amps are normaly so much cheaper!

Remember those specs are in ideal conditions. Sundown rates almost all amps at 12.5 volts instead of the 14.4 industry standard. You can fully expect rated power from a sundown in a proper everyday install.

aww good save! and here is the link to back it up! thanks man for catching me!

Fosgate is a quality product and will do over rated.

$600 is a good price.

I have never had one single problem with Fosgate amps and have owned PLENTY in my life.

aww good save! and here is the link to back it up! thanks man for catching me!

No problem dude. :santa:

$600 is a good price.

I have never had one single problem with Fosgate amps and have owned PLENTY in my life.

I can say that about all the orions and sundown amps i have owned in my life time also! it all depends on how you are going to use or abuse your equipment! and i rarely ever hammer on my stuff or run it at 0.5ohm or anything crazy like thaT!

$600 is a good price.

Believe Im when I say Im not trying to make RF look inferior in any way. Just giving an idea for a cheaper alternative. It probably is a good price for a RF but he even mentioned SSA store is cheaper. Ive owned a few RF amps as well and they are nice.

@ bigrank - Dang, good catch on the SSA store pricing.

Pays to shop around.

@crazykid - True words. Keep that voltage up and amps will love you long time. :drink40:

@ bigrank - Dang, good catch on the SSA store pricing.

Pays to shop around.

@crazykid - True words. Keep that voltage up and amps will love you long time. :drink40:

keep the voltage up and ANY amp will love you long time! spoken like a true master!!!!! lol !! :) thumb up!! you rock man! i will give you a plus 1 for that!!!

Edited by CrazyKenKid

man thanks. to everyone. glad to see i wasn't that far off. i like that sundown also. big jhons sundown lincoin is in my city. in tx. and that sundown set up is the loudest hear.

i know he's on u tube. was wanting to do something a lil defirent but might still go with sundown amp.our closes shop is in killen, tx. might shop around.

Go with sundown they get nasty loud and they're beastly amplifiers. I personally love my Saz-3000d, never treated me wrong. got mine from db-r.com got a great deal on it refurbished. check em' out.

hey the saz15000 are on sale right now.. 425$ bnib i think till january 5th, and thye cna do like 1900plus rms at 12volts! lol! unregulated amp

hey the saz15000 are on sale right now.. 425$ bnib i think till january 5th, and thye cna do like 1900plus rms at 12volts! lol! unregulated amp

It is till January 8th that they are on sale at that price :santa: .

For 2 L7 15" you can use 2000 watts.

What are your voice coils config ? DVC2 or DVC4 ? You must know that before getting any amplifier.

All the amps listed make their "maximum" power at 1 Ohm.

In my personal opinion I think you should go with another brand such as sundown.

Through my experience with the older rockford fosgate amplifiers (I owned a t40001bd and a t8004), they are very very power hungry. My 4kw amp had a fuse rating of 500A and only one battery and ground terminal! This shows the companies lack of engineering knowledge (0 gauge has a normal fuse rating of 300A to protect the wire).

They are also very inefficient. Being a class BD amplifier the efficiency was only like 74% on the birth sheet. For a sub amplifier you will not notice the difference in quality from a class bd to a class d amplifier. You will however notice the lack of output when your voltage drops from the bd!

Look into a class d amplifier for your subs. Never mind the marketing gimmick of a class "bd".

Go with sundown they get nasty loud and they're beastly amplifiers. I personally love my Saz-3000d, never treated me wrong. got mine from db-r.com got a great deal on it refurbished. check em' out.

thanks are the warrantys good on a refurb amp?

For 2 L7 15" you can use 2000 watts.

What are your voice coils config ? DVC2 or DVC4 ? You must know that before getting any amplifier.

All the amps listed make their "maximum" power at 1 Ohm.

dvc4.thanks

In my personal opinion I think you should go with another brand such as sundown.

Through my experience with the older rockford fosgate amplifiers (I owned a t40001bd and a t8004), they are very very power hungry. My 4kw amp had a fuse rating of 500A and only one battery and ground terminal! This shows the companies lack of engineering knowledge (0 gauge has a normal fuse rating of 300A to protect the wire).

They are also very inefficient. Being a class BD amplifier the efficiency was only like 74% on the birth sheet. For a sub amplifier you will not notice the difference in quality from a class bd to a class d amplifier. You will however notice the lack of output when your voltage drops from the bd!

Look into a class d amplifier for your subs. Never mind the marketing gimmick of a class "bd".

thanks this is what i needed to know.

thanks this is what i needed to know.

glad I could help :drink40: