sundownz

149.9 (Outlaw) with one 8" Sundown SA-8

So Sean is up with his CRX and we are doing some testing... we hit a brick wall last time at 149.0 dB using a 4" aero-port.

So... Sean and I got the idea to try a 6" aero-port for the single 8" woofer!

The result is 149.9 dB so far. Peak is 66 Hz in the kick... the CRX normally peaks at 68 Hz so we are going to work on re-tuning to break the 150 outlaw.

Fun stuff :)

We have as much port area as cone are now *laughs*

We got it up to 68 Hz but still did 149.9 dB again -- we have a few more ideas for tomorrow. Need to seal up the port plate (I gained a bunch doing this in my dual 8" box) and a few other things:

CIMG3196.JPG

* Just duct tape sealing it right now.

CIMG3197.JPG

Keep it up guys, Im pretty sure you guys will break 150.0db by the end of the day or this weekend if your still working on it. :santa:

We got it :)

150.2 dB this time by sealing up the port panel and running the speaker wire out of a drilled hole (sealed with silicone) rather than out the port :

wow nice job!! and question i didn't notice how much power you were hammering at that sub? a pair of sae1200's?

This setup is loudest with the door open - it was designed for this application which is called "Outlaw"

---

We have an SAZ-3500D @ 1 ohm on it... probably 1200-1700 actual watts if I had to guess.

wowo 1500rms and over 150 db on a little 8inch sub lol!! that is intense! congrats!!!

that sundwon continues to blow my mind each day! lol sundown ftw!

This setup is loudest with the door open - it was designed for this application which is called "Outlaw"

---

We have an SAZ-3500D @ 1 ohm on it... probably 1200-1700 actual watts if I had to guess.

did not know that. hell of a number all the same nice work

Is this going to invoke a point reclassification on the 8" driver in the street beat catagory? Thanks a lot Jacob.droolcup.gif

Today I posted link to the utube vid 150.2 on a local audio forum and people started talking bullshit...

"do you really believe one 8 can do 150"

"no way... people pay thousand of dollars for systems to make 150 and you show us one 8 that can do it ... no way"

"look at the wire in the port ... it's the microphone" ...

Lame people...

When you have time will make a new vid showing more of the system and the Termlab in the kick. You said you are going to make some inprovements so maybe soon another vid is coming? :santa: I really want to show them some real results...

Edited by The enD

Today I posted link to the utube vid 150.2 on a local audio forum and people started talking bullshit...

"no way... people pay thousand of dollars for systems to make 150 and you show us one 8 that can do it ... no way"

Lame people...

When you have time will make a new vid showing more of the system and the Termlab in the kick. You said you are going to make some inprovements so maybe soon another vid is coming? :santa: I really want to show them some real results...

post the link!! tthis i want to see!@!! or better yet whihc forum are you refering to? crapaudio.com? lol

Lame people...

I'll ask Sean to get more pictures.

post the link!! tthis i want to see!@!! or better yet whihc forum are you refering to? crapaudio.com? lol

It's on bulgarian. You wont get a thing ;)

Well you asked : http://tuning.bg/forum/viewtopic.php?f=27&t=54742&start=1230

lol~!~ nice! o well i don't understand a word or symbol!! lol! !

I see Sean made it over there with the help of a translator, haha.

Haha ... his "bulgarian" is kid a funny. I PM him if he needs any help translating I am there for him.

Just in Bulgaria Car Audio is not that, how can I say "advanced", and for people 150 from 8" is simply a fake.

People wonder why I am going through all the worries transporting audio equipment so far from the States. Well cause here we don't have such good products like Sundown. And even if I pay more for shipping I'll still have a better product than go to the local online shop and buy some expensive brand. :peepwall: