///M5

What is your favorite breakfast?

Just like the title says, if you could have anything for breakfast this Christmas morning what would it be? I am having my family over and while I have some ideas I was hoping that you guys could help me take it over the top.

Thank you.

I'm always a fan of Belgian waffles! Any breakfast that includes Belgian waffles is a good breakfast!!

Steak and eggs would be pretty sweet to me. I'm also not a big breakfast person either.

Oh for the family, let me clear my mind. What are you planning so far to see what could be added or would mesh well. The usually so far pancakes, french toast, eggs (omlettes - take special orders for each individual person customized to their liking), sausage, bacon, choice of fruit smoothie for a drink (im easy to please so maybe others might have some ideas).

Currently my plan is to do something over the top. There is pretty much nothing that I am scared to make and haven't made, but thought that asking what other peoples favorites are might sway me to do something different.

If breakfast isn't your thing, brunch options also work :)

I love me some grilled biscuits with sausage.

I love me some grilled biscuits with sausage.

Any particular type of sausage? Do you cook the biscuits on the grill or just grill them after they are cooked?

Over the top???

I would do eggs with some quality choriso. A green and a red salsa (festive). I love south american style eggs. I also love prime rib for breakfast with my eggs.

Waffles impress anyone big puffy belgian. I hate making them. Equally as cool though is crepe's with all the fixins. You can do berries and kiwi and get festive again or how ever you want.

My favorite dish ever is a curried baked egg dish. It had runny eggs a greenish curry on it with a cheese and potato base. I have no idea what it was called though

OHM NOM NOM NOM

the best breakfast to me might be bisctuts and gravy with eggs benetict.

I love that.

FAK now I needs it!

O_O

You might want to have a fruit platter to start off with. Crepes stuffed with strawberrys and a cream cheese/whipped cream blend, topped with some strawberry sauce. You might also want to consider doing scrambled eggs with fried chopped panchetta incorperated inside the eggs with some sort of sharp cheese melted with the eggs.

I guess it really depends a lot on your family too. What is your ethnicity?

Sean has never asked a question on SSA. All he has done is help every single one of us with our problems. People need to help him with HIS problem now!

a "eggs, shredded and rung out potatoes, cheese, diced up bacon, salt, hot sauce, and a dollop of pancake batter" scramble; quite easy to make in a large batch, actually

Large isn't necessary, there will just be a few of us so details can be done :)

I like the ideas so far, but will add I don't own a waffle maker. So that is the only thing nixed so far.

As for ethnicity, we are Norwegian/German crosses living in the Great White North; however, my whole family has a taste for all things ethnic so anything goes. World travel and eating are about our only hobbies.

Matt I like the green/red salsa idea. Of course in New Mexico they have something they call Christmas Chile which is exactly that although calling Chile salsa isn't quite right. The bummer is I just ate (literally two days ago) the rest of the home made Chorizo I had in my freezer. Doesn't mean I couldn't make more though.

Sean has never asked a question on SSA. All he has done is help every single one of us with our problems. People need to help him with HIS problem now!

Thanks. I wouldn't call it a problem though, but instead an opportunity. This thread is not only about Christmas but expanding my ideas for breakfast in general. Anything that you all really like I feel I should add to my repertoire or at least try it twice to see if I'll like it. I am good with all other meals, but pretty generic around breakfast / brunch time.

a "eggs, shredded and rung out potatoes, cheese, diced up bacon, salt, hot sauce, and a dollop of pancake batter" scramble; quite easy to make in a large batch, actually

Rung out? You got me on that Dylan, not a term I've heard about potatoes before.

well what happens is when you run a tater through a grater its quite soupy, so I just throw it in a hand towel, ball that up and ring it out like a sponge; works great for onions as well

can be used with a salad spinner too I spose

I normally use a thoroughly washed Russett; don't even bother with skinning it, just run it through a grater like a block of cheddar

Ah okay, just like when you make hashbrowns. I use a salad spinner for that. I took the "rung out" to be akin to "loaded" for a baked.

Ah okay, just like when you make hashbrowns. I use a salad spinner for that. I took the "rung out" to be akin to "loaded" for a baked.

Well, if you think about it, it is; taters, cheese, bacon, :lol: you can add chives, substitute home made pico de gallo for the hot sauce, etc. etc.

egg scrambles :wub: :wub:

throwing the pancake batter in there really makes it out of this world, IMO :wub:

buttermilk pancake batter, obviously

I am the Bojangles steak & egg biscuit type, but my wife makes a breakfast casserole when we have a lot of company that is very good. Eggs, sausage, cheese and what not in a big pan. Pretty easy to make and you wont have a big mess to clean up, feeds a bunch too. I can ask her how she does it if you want. She makes us one when we go to 12:00 kickoff games and have to start early. Bloody Marys and fresh juice recommended.

Big mess is okay. Pretend I am a closet chef and will work for 3+ hours on one little meal...or make it simple. Doesn't matter. I am open.

Keep the ideas coming :)

french toast (I've seen it kind of deep fried, don't know exactly what term they used though), chorizo, carne asada burritos, beer