waltham415

L7 vs Fi Q vsFI BL

All this L7 bashing I find funny. It really is a great sub as well

I don't know but, kickers to me just sound horrible. Like I can hear a car roll up and spot the distinct sound. Its just bluntly hollow in my opinion.

"hollow" good description. Put one in a good box once and you'll be impressed.

-and yes my good was sarcastic

Why must you come off as a sarcastic dick, despite being a mod? You don't know what I'm impressed by, I set my standards high.

Edited by keetykush

Why must you come off as a sarcastic dick, despite being a mod? You don't know what I'm impressed by, I set my standards high.

Don't make a stupid statement and I wouldn't. The comment wasn't about the driver but that you've heard them in a crap installation. Good installation wins over driver choice any day of the week.

The comment was specifically about the sub and how I feel it sounds. Tuned right, nice enclosures, they still have that sound to me.

. Good installation wins over driver choice any day of the week.
hate to disagree there. A good install I believe is nothing without a nice driver to go along. Agree to disagree, simply.

The comment was specifically about the sub and how I feel it sounds. Tuned right, nice enclosures, they still have that sound to me.

hate to disagree there. A good install I believe is nothing without a nice driver to go along. Agree to disagree, simply.

Lol, bad install on a good driver makes it sound like complete ass. The installation is the most important part. Most people picking drivers could draw straws. Sure there is a difference, but less so than they will impart in their system.

The install is EASILY the most important part. My buddy and I both happened to get the same subs, sony xplod pentagons when they first came out. We both had very similar amps, sony, I think mine was 1200w, his was 1300w (from a year earlier). The sound coming from those subs was VERY different between our installs. Even though we both had different cars, mine was a volvo 850 and his was a 90 civic sedan, COMPLETELY different sound from the subs due to different tuning/boxes/etc. Even when we traded boxes/subs, the boxes sounded different in the other car.

tldr: Put a sub in a properly built enclosure vs. a prefab or smaller enclosure than it should, you'll see quite a difference.

Don't make a stupid statement and I wouldn't. The comment wasn't about the driver but that you've heard them in a crap installation. Good installation wins over driver choice any day of the week.

Hail to that !

Edited by BASSmaster

Now this dude is hilarious, a bad enclosure but a good driver is a plus :roflmao:

The L7 can be really loud. The only way I liked it was in a huge 5+ ft3 sealed box.

You might like the BL 15, but be sure to build a good box for it.

Thanks buddy. I can never have to time back that I spent to read this idiotic comment. *waves at the 30 seconds I lost to this guy*

I didn't say the install was not important, I said a good install is nothing without a good driver to go along with it. Not once did I knock the importance of of a good install.

I didn't say the install was not important, I said a good install is nothing without a good driver to go along with it. Not once did I knock the importance of of a good install.

Put a cheaply made driver in a correctly made enclosure recommended by the manufacturer and see what happens.

I know, agreed. Kinda confused people maybe, I believe a good install can make or break a setup. Just a good enclosure, without a good driver to go along, just isn't the same as a good enclosure with a great sub to go along with.

I still feel sorry for you. You'd be REALLY shocked at what a cheap driver can do in a good enclosure. A $100 Dayton HO 10" is a great example, really a GREAT sub and does wonders in the right enclosure. Skimp on the enclosure and you might as well have a piece of crap in there.

I still feel sorry for you. You'd be REALLY shocked at what a cheap driver can do in a good enclosure. A $100 Dayton HO 10" is a great example, really a GREAT sub and does wonders in the right enclosure. Skimp on the enclosure and you might as well have a piece of crap in there.

Isnt that the truth.

I still feel sorry for you

I still feel, you come off as just a sarcastic dick. Not saying you are one, but that is exactly whats coming off. I of all people know the importance of a good enclosure and install. I had my two 10" JL w1's and had friends with similar setups. Mine came correct, it was tuned right, the box was the right size, and the install was clean. Despite others having maybe better subs or a better amp, my shit hit... it hit pretty damn hard. I know the importance of good installs and enclosures, but I believe without quality product to go along to go with quality craftsmanship it is just not up to par when going against an alright sub with a nice enclosure.

I still feel, you come off as just a sarcastic dick. Not saying you are one, but that is exactly whats coming off. I of all people know the importance of a good enclosure and install. I had my two 10" JL w1's and had friends with similar setups. Mine came correct, it was tuned right, the box was the right size, and the install was clean. Despite others having maybe better subs or a better amp, my shit hit... it hit pretty damn hard. I know the importance of good installs and enclosures, but I believe without quality product to go along to go with quality craftsmanship it is just not up to par when going against an alright sub with a nice enclosure.

Well yeah that is true but not the same thing as what we are talking about, nobody said a bad quality product in a good enclosure will beat out a good quality product in a good enclosure. A bad quality product will do and sound good in a good enclosure, basically any subwoofer in a good enclosure has the tendacy to sound good. Yeah someone might come off as something but why get emotional and name call (thats a womens trait). These are just words over the internet, if they get to you or under your skin then the real world will eat you alive. Stop looking at how someone says something and take whatever advice or information that they type as what it relevant, the only way you can tell how he is coming off is if you were in his mind while he was typing it and knew how he meant it.

Well yeah that is true but not the same thing as what we are talking about, nobody said a bad quality product in a good enclosure will beat out a good quality product in a good enclosure. A bad quality product will do and sound good in a good enclosure, basically any subwoofer in a good enclosure has the tendacy to sound good. Yeah somewhat might come off as something but why get emotional and name call (thats a womens trait). These are just words over the internet, if they get to you or under your skin then the real world will eat you alive. Stop looking at how someone says something and take whatever advice or information that they type as what it relevant, the only way you can tell how he is coming off is if you were in his mind while he was typing it and knew how he meant it.

I understand where he is coming from. M5 does sound like a sarcastic dick sometimes. I do too though after going through many threads of dumb questions or lazy asses that dont search first. Emotions cannot be seen through the keyboard. However, you do need to stop with that comment. What if he is actually a she? The comment comes off condescending to women.

I could care less cause it is true, women are known to get emotional (it isnt a threat, an offense or anything). Make me stop saying the words I say, how are you gonna tell me what or what not to say especially if it is not towards you or even concerns you in anyway. Thanks for your insight though so lets get back on topic. Everybody who is on here gets tired or frustrated with most of the topics on here but people need to stop letting there emotions get the best of them and take the information that was giving from it instead of this so-called attitude or personality detector it supposedly gives off. Now that is :bull: and people need to kick rocks with that. We are all men (some women) and should act like, if you cant take a response or criticism then leave it to yourself to get upset but dont tell someone there acting a certain way (you dont even know ///M5 to make a judgement on the man). Maybe to you guys who get upset easily by words he comes off as a dick, to people like me who understand that this is a passion of some peoples and try to help them out. But then you get the people who think they know it all and want to do battle then when they are wrong, they still want to spill how wrong they are. Instead they should just accept it and move on with clarity were they were wrong at to get an understanding instead of continuing a fight that wont go anywhere.

But your words were cute though. Sorry for getting off topic OP.

Plus there was never a time in any of my old topics or post where me and ///M5 didnt agree on a subject or felt differently on something, I didnt get upset (the feeling or emotion you possess to make you mad to say things that are uncalled for) and name call. We just had a nice debate and then called it a day, I took all the information he put in my face as wisdom regardless of how he dished it out. They are just words and if you cant take what someone says over the internet or real life then I feel sorry for you or anybody.

women are known to get emotional (it isnt a threat, an offense or anything)

Human beings are known to be emotional, not just women. Damn...I'm not a girl but shit really is kinda getting down on just one gender. I'm too grown for a lot of bullshit, so I try to keep things to a minium. I don't call people dicks, I say as they come off... its just a matter of respect for all.

women are known to get emotional (it isnt a threat, an offense or anything)

Human beings are known to be emotional, not just women. Damn...I'm not a girl but shit really is kinda getting down on just one gender. I'm too grown for a lot of bullshit, so I try to keep things to a minium. I don't call people dicks, I say as they come off... its just a matter of respect for all.

:Doh:, I know that (I said it is a womens trait to possess, not the only gender who does it). They live off of emotion and usually react off of emotion, which is not what a male is to do (males get emotional just like a female, its just not supposed to be our makeup or what makes us react). We are stronger and shouldnt let feelings be our downfall.

Emotions cannot be seen through the keyboard.

But emoticons can... ;):orly3::turkey::santa: