Mac N Cheese

Second Skinning With Mac N Cheese

First off i would like to appolgize to Ant at Second Skin for taking so long in making a build log, the average 25 degree weather made it difficult. But never mind the complaining. I already have used the damplifer pro on my car already so i know this stuff is legit. I opened up my package and noticed it was the black foil. Had a slightly different smell compared to the regular silver foil (don't ask how i noticed). But anyways lets get started!

gallery_7108_326_148675.jpg

gallery_7108_326_584119.jpg

gallery_7108_326_681159.jpg

gallery_7108_326_168219.jpg

Heres a couple pics of my car....

gallery_7108_326_691085.jpg

gallery_7108_326_388727.jpg

I now know not to use iphone pics, well anyways i am going to go start on the drivers side door and go from there...more pics soon

Good luck on the install!

I know what it's like for cold temps!

Nice car, I just grabbed my :popcorn: for this dampening install.

Thanks guys, after 2 hours i managed to finish the drivers side door, :lol2: but the good thing is that the door is SOLID now :D

gallery_7108_326_74029.jpg

gallery_7108_326_125723.jpg

gallery_7108_326_1079131.jpg

gallery_7108_326_656121.jpg

As you can see some Damplifer Pro silver foil

gallery_7108_326_156104.jpggallery_7108_326_985769.jpg

Don't worry i filled those gaps in

gallery_7108_326_419555.jpg

Didnt get a good picture of the finish, but the whole door is covered, in some spots double layered. One door done, 3 to go. Probably return back working on saturday and finish the rest. Stay tuned!

Good work on the deadening. It sure makes the door sound solid when you close it. I want to do all of my cars with this stuff from top too bottom.

Did you use the wheel to apply it or did you do it by hand? I did mine by hand the first time and it sucked. I just ordered some more with the wheel this time though.

popcorn.gif

Good work on the deadening. It sure makes the door sound solid when you close it. I want to do all of my cars with this stuff from top too bottom.

Did you use the wheel to apply it or did you do it by hand? I did mine by hand the first time and it sucked. I just ordered some more with the wheel this time though.

popcorn.gif

thanks, yeah i applyed it by hand but i took my time getting out the air pockets, even though a couple pieces had creases in it. But thats only one door done still, still have about 5 sheets left

Just as a reminder, in the future you don't need such full coverage. ;) If it is noise you are after MLV is your friend, not deadener.

Just as a reminder, in the future you don't need such full coverage. ;) If it is noise you are after MLV is your friend, not deadener.

Thanks, ill keep that in mind doing the rest of the doors, going to finish it up Second Skinning tomorrow

hear any difference? with another layer on there?

The inside door panel would vibrate the most and after doubling up on it there is barely any movement, but for sound difference i still need to do the rest of the doors to determine that. Stay tuned!