Sign in to follow this  
cheese20323

Sub box builing help

Ok so i might be building a sub box for my truck. It is a 2000 f250 SuperDuty. I have stock electrical. I have alpine type r 5x7 all around I have pioneer hu. I need help in choosing subs. I plan on putting 3 10's my budget is spending around 200 for speakers and 50 for the materials for the box

i have this so far

top depth 3 3/4 '

bottom depth 6 1/4'

length 52'

height 16'

should i do ported or sealed????

Edited by cheese20323

Well that space is only about 2 cubes before any displacements. You cannot do three 10s ported in that space. You probably couldn't even do two 10s ported, maybe one twelve ported would work. So your choice is pretty much sealed unless you'd consider lowering the number of subs. They'll need to be pretty shallow, probably only a 4.5" mounting depth.

Well that space is only about 2 cubes before any displacements. You cannot do three 10s ported in that space. You probably couldn't even do two 10s ported, maybe one twelve ported would work. So your choice is pretty much sealed unless you'd consider lowering the number of subs. They'll need to be pretty shallow, probably only a 4.5" mounting depth.

oh well i was looking to see if it would be better ported or sealed

my budget would be around 250 to 320 $. There is no way that i could fit different subs other than shallows. Or is there any good sounding shallows. Can i move my back bench seat a little forward so i can build a different box with more mounting depth.

pair of 8's or one 12 with the correct size box, ported can get pretty dam,n loud in a truck cabin.

What amp do you have?

pair of 8's or one 12 with the correct size box, ported can get pretty dam,n loud in a truck cabin.

What amp do you have?

write now i have the us amps xt2000d 1000wrms @1ohm

and the us amps 800.4 100x4wrms @ 2 ohm

stock electrical and a 2 farad capacitor

4 awg wiring and pioneer HU

Two Incriminator 187 10's ported behind the back seat is going to be the best set-up for your budget

pull out the plastic vents on the back wall and cover them with sound deadener. ( there is some factory material on the back wall behind the carpet you can use) Make the enclosure 52" wide, as tall, and as deep as the 10's. Put the subs on the passenger side and the port on the driver side. The port should be around 1.5 wide, 10.5 tall, and around 29 long for tuned to 34 hertz. Using 1/2 inch mdf

Two Incriminator 187 10's ported behind the back seat is going to be the best set-up for your budget

yeah but would they fit in the box???

tes sir I have done several

so what your saying is take off the back plastic part. Cover that with Dynamat or any other sound deadener. And that would be good.

Do u think the re srx would fit there or the 187's are better?? Ive never tried incriminator audio but i have tried re audio

Edited by cheese20323

there two vents on each corner on the back wall about 4x6 inches each. They will have to come out to fit the enclosure. This will leave a whole in the back wall which will need to be covered so water doesn't get into the cabin. And yes I would take IA over RE

there two vents on each corner on the back wall about 4x6 inches each. They will have to come out to fit the enclosure. This will leave a whole in the back wall which will need to be covered so water doesn't get into the cabin. And yes I would take IA over RE

Just for info i have the Superduty without window motor. Oh ok so i wont need that much sound deadner. How much do you sell the 187's shipped to 92567 10"s.

My pricing is the same as SSA. I am so swamped right now it would be faster to order it from Mark.

My pricing is the same as SSA. I am so swamped right now it would be faster to order it from Mark.

Ok going to make like a little diagram of cheap wood see if they would fit. This will work on the four door right???

Edited by cheese20323

yea this if for the four door. It's a perfect fit

yea this if for the four door. It's a perfect fit

I know this thread is a little old but i made a little thing

and this is what i can fit

4 3/4 at the top

6.5 at the bottom

14 inches tall

52 inches long

how much mounting depth should i have '

another decision two SA-8's or 2 10 IA 187's

Is there specific db's for hairtricks????

Should i go ported or sealed i just want to know if there is a specific db for hairtricks it is not a goal