sq_mgb

SQ_MGB's 2002 Chevy Reg cab build

whodat - Your buddy didn't happen to be Rusty, who used to work at DECA? We had not seen him in years. Good to connect again. The Ford SUV was Ray's Escape. Kick ass is a very good way to describe the Escape! And yes, Cable has some work to do and he knows it!!!! Rusty did not listen to mine, but he didn't miss anything. My current install has the old Blues stuff in it. It doesn't sound bad, but it doesn't touch the new Blues drivers.

Sir-Lancelot - Most of the Blues drivers are still being made. Which is why some of us are still waiting on our drivers. For more information contact Ray on the Linear Power site.

Ahhhh .... :lol2: I still got yall on staging and immaging ... plus I can still street beat when I want too :woot: . I get my kick pannels fixed, I'll be back in action ... :djparty:

Richard, we need to get together and cruise the strip Saturday nite at Scrapin The Coast .... This year should be fun !!!

Ahhhh .... :lol2: I still got yall on staging and immaging ... plus I can still street beat when I want too :woot: . I get my kick pannels fixed, I'll be back in action ... :djparty:

Richard, we need to get together and cruise the strip Saturday nite at Scrapin The Coast .... This year should be fun !!!

I'm still working on making the Biloxi show....that's an 11 hour drive for me one way....but I'm going to try, that's for sure!

As for staging and imaging, Ray's working on that....once he gets it figured out.....we'll just have to wait and see what happens then! :drink40:

From what I have been told the old Blues can't hold a light to the new Blues for midrange detail or image, or the kick ass low freq the new 6 inch speakers can do. It was some insanely low Fs on the 6 1/2 inch speaker, like a Fs of 39 or something.I believe what I hear coming from the guys I hear it from. I had an old set of Blues years ago I got from Deca and the specs on them were like a Fs of 65 Hz, i went and dug the boxes and speakers out to see. 65 Hz aint bad for a 6 1/2 but freaking 39 or 40 is insane. Especially if they can do double duty making the stage and image with the midrange they say they produce.

I guess I need to keep mine top secret! :peepwall: Hide my truck in Ray's back yard or something. :bull: Too damn far to hide out in Springfield, but hold it Ray ain't there. :ohnoes9:

The new Blues are insane.

Gotta make a video for us to at least get a taste of the Blues 6.5"s :peepwall:

They will play low, I've played 30Hz tones through them and as long as I don't get too crazy with the knob, they will shake the truck. They won't shake it as hard as a subwoofer will at that frequency, but they will make you wonder how high the sub level is, and freak you out when you find out it's not on.

The main thing about these is they have very good detail in the midrange as well as the ability to get low when required. And it's a very easy load for the amp to drive as it's almost a dead flat impedence curve from top to bottom. Once the drivers are available to everyone, the website will be updated with all the specs.

I think there's a show around the Memphis area coming up and I'm going to try to make that one. If you see a black chevy truck with Missouri plates just ask and I would be happy to let you listen to it. I would appreciate hearing someone's opinion from outside our circle. Thanks again for the kind words.

According to the Bass battle website cable guy didn't even run in his normal SQ class, why did he move?? He had been running the same class as SQ MG.

Edited by whodat

Wow install looks great! Really looking forward to the new Blues drivers!

Hey Jay-cee...a video won't show much as far as sq goes and I don't know if I can shake the truck enough to tell on video with just the 6's, but I guess I'll have to borrow a video camera and find out. With the sub on I might make something move enough to see, I'll just have to try.

John, did you know Ray is bringing the Lightning out of retirement?

OldSkool_08...thanks for the compliment on the install, it's by far the best one I've ever done as 6APPEAL can tell you, but also the most time consuming. I learned how to do most of the tricks I used in this install from Jimmy Walker, along with hours of reading how-to's on the web. I have to give Jimmy the credit for "teaching the young grasshopper" how to do what I call "pretty work." Most of my other installs were just a board with carpet on it, this was my first attempt at a real install to take to shows. If you look at it close you can see my noobness at upholstery, but at least I gave it a shot!

I appreciate all the kind words from everyone, it makes all the time and effort I put into this install worthwhile, and I appreciate all the help I got from Ray and John and everyone else who was involved. Did I leave anyone out?Not a clue! ;)

Edited by sq_mgb

whodat ... honestly, me and sq_mgb competing against each other was sort of a joke.

Now that his truck is up to par, actually we now have the same goals this year: Promote Linear Power and BluesCarAudio, Compete, show off, and win at regionals and finals.

Actually, We are on the same team. Always have been. :woot:

In Usaci, we are representing Linear Power and BluesCarAudio.

I'm in region 2 and sq_mgb is in region 6.

Why would we cut each others throat before finals?? If anything, we will battle it out at finals.

We both have a chance to be Regional Points Champions this year. :drink40:

If you look on the correct usaci site ... all the classes changed in year 2010. Nothing from last year is the same.

I changed to a class with SQ, install, and spl judging. Richard(sq_mgb) chose to run in a sq, install only class. 6appeal chose to run in the sq only class.

There are 10 classes to choose from depending the catigory your vehicle fits in.

Last show I was in street beat 2 and Sound Q (before the classes change), but I couldn't get the money up to do street beat 2 this show because of my truck tearing up.

But at this show, I aquired the needed points to qualify for World Finals.

Congrats to sq_mgb for his truck and system, he is definately back in the game !!!

Like 6appeal said earlier, we are all waiting on our new BluesCarAudio drivers.

Edited by Cablguy184

OldSkool_08...thanks for the compliment on the install, it's by far the best one I've ever done as 6APPEAL can tell you, but also the most time consuming. I learned how to do most of the tricks I used in this install from Jimmy Walker, along with hours of reading how-to's on the web. I have to give Jimmy the credit for "teaching the young grasshopper" how to do what I call "pretty work." Most of my other installs were just a board with carpet on it, this was my first attempt at a real install to take to shows. If you look at it close you can see my noobness at upholstery, but at least I gave it a shot!

I appreciate all the kind words from everyone, it makes all the time and effort I put into this install worthwhile, and I appreciate all the help I got from Ray and John and everyone else who was involved. Did I leave anyone out?Not a clue! ;)

Oh yea, Ray and I talked last night about his Lighting/Saleen combo and my big azz diesel truck/GN combo. Told him I let him have the keys to the truck, but not the GN. He might start having some 150mph flashbacks. :No: The Lighting should be better than our trucks with it's high/forward in door woofer location. He talked about using a pair of oldies, but goodies in the GN that would use 4 slot loaded 8's. You can talk with him about it. Jimmy and I are still talking about 4 12's run AP on 2 5002's and maybe 4 6 1/2's or a pair of 8's in the doors on another 5002. :ohnoes9: I might want to turn the volume knob. :woot:

Yes, it is your best install. But, it has been a PITA to keep you on track. Like I said earlier, it's taken all 3 of us (Ray, Jimmy and me) to keep you on track. I think that there were even some threats of butt kickin if you changed to one of your off the wall ideas. Hello :wavey5: , if you lived here, you would have a lot more help! I had to get that jab in. How many years have we been helping each other on installs or just stuff? Helpin out ain't nothing but a thang. :drink40:

Edited by 6APPEAL

Yes, it is your best install. But, it has been a PITA to keep you on track. Like I said earlier, it's taken all 3 of us (Ray, Jimmy and me) to keep you on track. I think that there were even some threats of butt kickin if you changed to one of your off the wall ideas. Hello :wavey5: , if you lived here, you would have a lot more help! I had to get that jab in. How many years have we been helping each other on installs or just stuff? Helpin out ain't nothing but a thang. :drink40:

I think there were multiple threats of butt kickin' :fryingpan: during this install both from you guys and Kim if I didn't stay on track. She has pretty much kept me going on it when I felt like just saying to heck with it. It has been a long line of cars we've helped each other out on brother. First install we worked on was on the 86 Cavilier....and it's all yours and Ronnie's fault for getting me into this stuff! That Kicker 2x10 and the 1752 in Ronnie's car was the beginning of the end for me. Then your gold Regal got a bad case of metal mites and all the sheet metal got these huge holes in them just waiting for speakers to fill them up! :fing34: Good times there.

I just hope ALL you guys know how much I appreciate all the help you gave me on the build, both physically AND mentally, and I'm grateful to have friends like you. :jump:

Thanks a million!!!! :drink40:

Hey Jay-cee...a video won't show much as far as sq goes and I don't know if I can shake the truck enough to tell on video with just the 6's, but I guess I'll have to borrow a video camera and find out. With the sub on I might make something move enough to see, I'll just have to try.

You need to hook a fellow Missourian up with some of those blues comps :P

www.bluescaraudio.com

The websiste will let us all know when they are availiable. :drink40:

Edited by Cablguy184