fearlessgangsta

Sae-1200d or Saz-1500d on stock electrical

I am planning on putting a system in my stock 05 Dodge ram 1500 Quad-cab and wanted to know if my electrical could handle it if i added a couple of batterys in the back? I don't want to buy a alt because i will be getting rid of the truck in about a year or so.

the amp will push one DC lvl4XL or Lvl5

I have the whole back seat to work with for space

If anyone needs any other specs just ask.

Thanks for help in advance.

with the big 3 done in 1/0 and an extra battery in the back. you should be fine.

maybe replacing the starter battery as well

You will have to atleast do the big 3. If you were going to just put a battery or two in the back I'm sure you will still have some dimming of lights but if your only going to have the car for a year it would probably be fine. Can't be 100% sure but I think you will have dimming lights.

Any suggestions on batterys i was thinking two Kinetic HC2400's in the back and for sure change my starter battery also i won't play all the time mostly for 10-15 minute demos or when bored and always with the car on.

Edited by Fearz

i would run a small bank if i didnt replace the alt.. perhaps 1 in the front and 2 in the rear... also make sure you get a volt meter. and keep an active eye on it.

What would be the best way to run the wire i was thinking a 1/0 run from the front to each battery, but would it be better to ground each battery by itself or just connect them all and let the starter battery ground handle the work?

Edited by Fearz

Here's some good reading links posted that don't sound like guesses. Keep in mind the current draw for the ohm load. It out lines every thing clearly. One note is the testing was for burps not daily music. I'm not sure if any of the posters prior to me even have the amp in question. With that said, I haven't finished my installation so I can't even give my experience yet; however, I have read every thing I could find for my build. Read the saz 1500 post and view all of the videos on the below links. These will give you the basic knowledge to answer your question.

Saz 1500 and ohm loads

SAZ-1500D POWER TESTING - SSA Car Audio Forum

Electrical videos

HIFONICS - Video Support Library

These will give you a basic grasp to be able to answer your questions.

I saw those vids a while ago, thanks for giving me a link to the whole group.

i would run a small bank if i didnt replace the alt.. perhaps 1 in the front and 2 in the rear... also make sure you get a volt meter. and keep an active eye on it.

x2. He makes a good point on running a smaller battery bank because it's going to be on a stock alternator. The alt will not be able to charge those kinetiks

So would a small bank of 2 kinetic 1400 or 1800 be enough? Also because kinetic batterys are 12v can they be used with my truck if it runs at 14.4v?

Edited by Fearz

So would a small bank of 2 kinetic 1400 or 1800 be enough? Also because kinetic batterys are 12v can they be used with my truck if it runs at 14.4v?

Yes to both questions. Your truck battery is a 12 volt, it is charged at 14.4 volts.

Thanks

One 1800 would be enough if you don't want to spend a lot, a second one will help you in the long run.

I will probably get one at first and then a second down the line. Oh since this is my first major install by myself. If I get new batterys is there a special way I charge them for the first time?

No special charge needed.

Oh, Ok because i,ve heard people say that new cells have to be charged by a battery charger.

Edited by Fearz

Oh, Ok because i,ve heard people say that new cells have to be charged by a battery charger.

They come charged, it's a personal opinion if you want to charge them before you install them or not.

They come charged, it's a personal opinion if you want to charge them before you install them or not.

x2

Cool cause I will probably drive around with them 2 days before I put the amp in.

I was looking at the SHURiKEN+SK-BT80 and it looks close to the hc1800 in specs so I was wondering if it would be just as good?