gadgeteer123

Are these amps really that good??

No offense to anyone, ive never heard one. i'm just curious, but what is so great about a sundown audio amp, I have read the specs and they seam good, but there thd distortion isn't that low, and people always recommend the 1500rms version for an xcon and I always wondered why?? I have read they have plenty of raw power, but i'm the kind of guy that likes to know every detail.

Don't pay ANY attention to the THD on a subwoofer amplifier. You will not notice a difference. Sundown amplifiers produce more than rated power, they are rock solid, and Jacob provides excellent customer service.

wont notice distortion by ear anyways but the amps are underated so the 1500d puts outs the rms that the xcon needs, like u said it's raw power. they are good because a 1500 watt amp that feed out 1700 watts depending on current draw is good, when other companies would take the same amp and slap a 3000 watt sticker on it then give a 14.4 volt rating instead of 12v.

ok thanks for your responses, so what else make it good, does it sound better than other amps in its class? is it super efficient? does it have good output at all frequency's?

ok thanks for your responses, so what else make it good, does it sound better than other amps in its class? is it super efficient? does it have good output at all frequency's?

1. Your concerned with the sound quality in a subwoofer amplifier?

2. Efficiency changes with impedance. The 1500D is 86% efficient at 4 ohms.

3. Why are you worried about "good output at all frequency's"?

idn I have had a couple crappy amps in the past that just sounded awful, once I had this amp from china a company called tinly I think and it was horrible sounding, it was my first amp. And I was just throwing things out there, trying to get the full picture clearly.

idn I have had a couple crappy amps in the past that just sounded awful, once I had this amp from china a company called tinly I think and it was horrible sounding, it was my first amp. And I was just throwing things out there, trying to get the full picture clearly.

They are Korean made, and great quality amplifiers.

Why wouldn't people recommend the 1500 watt version for the XCON? Just because it's rated for 250 watts below the XCON's RMS? You think that 250 watts matters (not taking into account the sundown is underrated)?

They are solid amps that will last. They aren't Legacy or Pyle POSs. Plus they are recommended so much because they have a forum on this board. So people here know the products well and you can talk to the owner easily, as he posts often.

In my opinion the dollar per watt (every amp is underated) and features offered, along with the rediculously great CS was the main selling factor for myself. Do you think you could speak with the owner of any mainstream company in any capacity? I felt like Jacob truly cared about every product he put out along with every customer he has. Sundown stands behind every product they have. I haven"t seen one person on any forum that has had a problem (even if user error) that hasn't got something done to remedy the problem by Sundown. Once again, this is my opinion.

I just looked in my inbox and it says I got total 30 messages from Jacob. The man will respond to every question you ask him.... Just awesome CS. Never seen anything like this anywhere else.

I just bought my first sundown amp yesterday. :drink40:

Will be looking for subwoofer, from him again. Awesome guy, awesome products, awesome prices and quality is what I see at many forums about Sundown Audio.

No offense to anyone, ive never heard one. i'm just curious, but what is so great about a sundown audio amp, I have read the specs and they seam good, but there thd distortion isn't that low, and people always recommend the 1500rms version for an xcon and I always wondered why?? I have read they have plenty of raw power, but i'm the kind of guy that likes to know every detail.

The amps are reliable, produce at least rated power on 12.8v, and sound great -- everything and amplifier needs to do.

Good warranty coverage and support (if needed) are also provided.

You will not be disappointed, get one !

Great customer service.

When I order an amp, I get it in 5 days, and I live in the Caribbeans ! I have ordered 2 amps for me (saz1000 & sax 50.4) and 2 saz 1000 for a friend (dvc1) Xcon ! We love them bad !!!!!!!

All my questions are answered, by mail or in the forum, by the Man himself (he has just post before me !!!).

This is one of the problems with companies providing specs like this, THD is one of those specs that people pay alot of attention to not realizing that even if it were 5-10% you still wouldn't be able to hear it.

I have owned 3 different sundown amps so far and i have been nothing but impressed. Ive talked to Jake in person on many occasions and even had him take a look at the amp and set it up for me when i was have some issues. Nothing but the best customer service and top quality products. All amps produce far more than rated and even do it it voltages that would surprise you. My 1200d, 1500d, and my 3000d have put down 200rms+ more than rated at 12.8-13v. This was real world testing as well not on a bench with mass amounts of batters. Last time i clamped my 3000d it did 2890 at 1.8ohm with the meter reading 12v. Find an amp that does almost rated power at almost twice the independence its rated to do it at. Also did a 1500d with just a red top. i got 1300w at 1.9ohm and supply was 11.3v. If that doesn't speak for the amps i dont know what does. As for the sound quality aspect you wont notice a thing unless you have an extremely trained ear and even then i doubt you can clearly tell. Everyone that's had a chance to sit in my car has said how amazing it sounds even had numerous competitors compliment on it. When it comes down to it you get what you pay for and in sundowns case you actually get more than you pay for.

^^^^^

what he said :peepwall:

I just like the Box mine came in.... :)

I agree. One little note is that with some amp manufacturers you have the option of getting the wired remote so that you can adjust the sound of the sub. Well usually you have to buy it separately but not with sundown. I was surprised to see it included! Hell yes! I've never done a remote before and can't wait to do it.

Also I was surprised how well built these "tanks" as people like to put it. They are so heavy. The pics on the page can be deceiving especially on the sax100.4 MY MY I was surprised.

Love the products. Always will recommend them to friends. Great power/output. A++++++

I agree. One little note is that with some amp manufacturers you have the option of getting the wired remote so that you can adjust the sound of the sub. Well usually you have to buy it separately but not with sundown. I was surprised to see it included! Hell yes! I've never done a remote before and can't wait to do it.

Also I was surprised how well built these "tanks" as people like to put it. They are so heavy. The pics on the page can be deceiving especially on the sax100.4 MY MY I was surprised.

Love the products. Always will recommend them to friends. Great power/output. A++++++

i plan on getting a sundown amp someday : ) im just poor after putting in my current system.

I was reading another forum, (Yes, I know) and someone (who may be on this forum as well) thought something was wrong with his 1200 v1, so he sent it in to Jacob. Turns out, theres nothing wrong and Jacob sends him a v2 model.

I will gladly do business with someone like that! :)

I was reading another forum, (Yes, I know) and someone (who may be on this forum as well) thought something was wrong with his 1200 v1, so he sent it in to Jacob. Turns out, theres nothing wrong and Jacob sends him a v2 model.

I will gladly do business with someone like that! :)

Typical Jacob ;)

please forgive me jacob.........

your god damn right they are .

point blank.. end of story.

ask ANYONE who owns a sundown amp.

Reasons:

#1 Jacob

#2 The support forum here

#3 pricing

#4 happy customer base

#5 tested openly and shared here

#6 highly reviewed

#7 excellent crossovers, especially on 4 channel models

#8 used by SPL and SQ competitors alike

#9 used in the official SSAudio demo truck

#10 and so on

Reasons:

#1 Jacob

#2 The support forum here

#3 pricing

#4 happy customer base

#5 tested openly and shared here

#6 highly reviewed

#7 excellent crossovers, especially on 4 channel models

#8 used by SPL and SQ competitors alike

#9 used in the official SSAudio demo truck

#10 and so on

#11 I know where his hideout is, i can always bother him. hahaha

#12 He lives 10miles from me. (Im privileged i know)

ps... no i wont tell you where his shop is so dont ask. :P

As long as we are talking about Sundown and its products in general and not any one things... I have a question or curousity...

Jacob, If you don't mind me asking, How does one such as yourself get into making amps, or having them produced and starting a Company like Sundown???

There are several smaller companies that I've been currious about as to how they come about...

I think what your doing is really interesting!!!

I'm sure all the fans will jump in and tell their version and thats cool, but I'd really like to hear yours...

Edited by smullen