raolito1980

Upgrading to a FI BL 15....advice

Im really looking to buy a FI BL 15, and I want to run it on a JL AUDIO 1000/1. I want to get the DVC 2 ohm. With all options. I have 1 gauge wiring, Big 3, and secondary battery in the trunk. Both batteries are Optima Red Tops. This will be in a 06 Nissan Altima. Is this amp sufficient power to push the Fi? I still have not configured anything for a box. Probably will be at 3.5 - 4 cu. ft. What should the box be tuned to for max output? I'm new to what type of box I should use so any advice will be appreciated. Right now I have a 12W7. I'm looking for SP and so I'm going for Fi.

Im really looking to buy a FI BL 15, and I want to run it on a JL AUDIO 1000/1. Is this amp sufficient power to push the Fi? What should the box be tuned to for max output? I'm new to what type of box I should use so any advice will be appreciated. Right now I have a 12W7. I'm looking for SP and so I'm going for Fi.

The JL 1000/1 will do fine on the BTL.

For max output on the meter on just your ears? For the meter you can tune the enclosure higher between 40 and 60hz. For a loud ground pounder to the ear, try in the low to mid thirties.

What type of enclosure is the W7 in currently? It is fully capable of getting loud and is a very nice driver. Have you tried different enclosure options for it?

The w7 is a nice driver. I would like to listen to one, because a lot of people seems to love it. It must be good !!

But you are not satisfied with it.

What don't you like about it?

What you have should be plenty sufficient for the BL. I'd say it's going to sound nice. If you're looking for a pounding..I'd tune the box to approx 32 hz. That's a happy medium for what you're looking for from what I know. It's usually a great tuning for most rap songs with good basslines. Now you can always try using a different enclosure with the W7 and see how you like it before you drop 400$ on a BL.. A W7 in a good enclosure will absolutely POUND. But if you're just straight up not satisfied with the W7, then I'd suggest what I've stated above, and you should be satisfied at the least. I'm actually planning on ordering the same sub (15" BL fully loaded 2 ohm DVC) here in the next couple weeks. Good luck with your install! I'd love to see what you end up with when you're done. It's always fun to compare

What you have should be plenty sufficient for the BL. I'd say it's going to sound nice. If you're looking for a pounding..I'd tune the box to approx 32 hz. That's a happy medium for what you're looking for from what I know. It's usually a great tuning for most rap songs with good basslines. Now you can always try using a different enclosure with the W7 and see how you like it before you drop 400$ on a BL.. A W7 in a good enclosure will absolutely POUND. But if you're just straight up not satisfied with the W7, then I'd suggest what I've stated above, and you should be satisfied at the least. I'm actually planning on ordering the same sub (15" BL fully loaded 2 ohm DVC) here in the next couple weeks. Good luck with your install! I'd love to see what you end up with when you're done. It's always fun to compare

x2, plus all amps are sufficient with any subwoofer since it is no such thing as underpowering. The BTL will be louder than the BL on a 1000 watts but the BTL will be more expensive, so it is up to you but I would go with a BL if I were you. First try and figure out if you need another sub or just another box for your current subwoofer.

Im really looking to buy a FI BL 15, and I want to run it on a JL AUDIO 1000/1. Is this amp sufficient power to push the Fi? What should the box be tuned to for max output? I'm new to what type of box I should use so any advice will be appreciated. Right now I have a 12W7. I'm looking for SP and so I'm going for Fi.

For max output on the meter on just your ears? For the meter you can tune the enclosure higher between 40 and 60hz. For a loud ground pounder to the ear, try in the low to mid thirties.

What type of enclosure is the W7 in currently? It is fully capable of getting loud and is a very nice driver. Have you tried different enclosure options for it?

I have it in an enclosure that I bought from eBay that supposed to be made to W7 specs. below is the specs on the box from the ebay site. I never tried a different enclosure since I didnt want to spend money and not end up liking it. I am still satisfied by the W7 but my ear wants more pound. Dont get me wrong the W7 pounds but I know its more quality then pressure. I'm not sure if this enclosure is capable of getting loud. What do you think based on these specs?

The w7 is a nice driver. I would like to listen to one, because a lot of people seems to love it. It must be good !!

But you are not satisfied with it.

What don't you like about it?

Yes the W7 is a very nice driver, I do love it. But my ear wants more pound and after reading and seeing good reveiws about how the Fi performs then its looking more and more better. I'm satisfied with how clear everything is with the W7 but my ears looking for more. And remember I want to run it with my JL 1000/1. Maybe later go with more a more output amp. I got vids on youtube of my system with different cameras. My Sony cam doesnt pick up the bass good. Look under raolito1980.

I have it in an enclosure that I bought from eBay that supposed to be made to W7 specs. below is the specs on the box from the ebay site. I never tried a different enclosure since I didnt want to spend money and not end up liking it. I am still satisfied by the W7 but my ear wants more pound. Dont get me wrong the W7 pounds but I know its more quality then pressure. I'm not sure if this enclosure is capable of getting loud. What do you think based on these specs?

* Built to JL Audio's EXACT specs for a 12W7 woofer

* Double-Faced Front Baffle (for added woofer support)

* Net Int. Volume: 1.75 cu. ft.

* Tuned @ 36.7Hz for MAXIMUM """SQL"""

* Gold-Plated Speaker Terminals

* Show-Quality Custom Carpet

* Dimensions (W x H x D): 22.75" x 15.5" x 15.5"

It would be nice to try it in another enclosure. But Everyone knows that it might sound good somewhere but when you put it in your ride its a different story, it might sound different. I need to find a local shop and order a custom made quality box for the BL here in Houston. If anyone knows please hit me up or maybe online somewhere could be worth it. I'm pretty much set on getting the Fi. I'm taking all suggestions to mind. Thanks.

x2, plus all amps are sufficient with any subwoofer since it is no such thing as underpowering. The BTL will be louder than the BL on a 1000 watts but the BTL will be more expensive, so it is up to you but I would go with a BL if I were you. First try and figure out if you need another sub or just another box for your current subwoofer.

@jay-cee So you say the BTL would be louder on the 1000 WRMS then the BL? I know the price range on how much the woofers are but does anyone know the Shipping price for a 15 BL and a 15 BTL? Too bad I dont know anyone here in Houston whose Fi BL I could listen to. Mostly people with Kickers or other smaller brands are out there.

Yeah the BTL will be louder than the BL on the same amount of watts, yeah it is a shot in the dark when ordering products you havent heard. I was done that route 3 months ago before I purchased my Sundown Z-15 but after all the good reviews I said forget and went with it. You will never know unless you take a chance on it, the same way with girls you will never know until you take a chance. But most companies on here and including FI will never steer you wrong when making a sub purchase. I asked almost everybody on here about advice or reviews on there woofers and then asked them to compare them to what they have dealt with previously.

For shipping just put it in your cart and go through the checkout process like normally and stop once you figure out the shipping amount.

It would be nice to try it in another enclosure. But Everyone knows that it might sound good somewhere but when you put it in your ride its a different story, it might sound different. I need to find a local shop and order a custom made quality box for the BL here in Houston. If anyone knows please hit me up or maybe online somewhere could be worth it. I'm pretty much set on getting the Fi. I'm taking all suggestions to mind. Thanks.

Instead of going out and spending a bunch of money on a new driver, get a new enclosure for the W7 first. Try building it yourself as you will save a ton of money. Its really not that hard.

* Built to JL Audio's EXACT specs for a 12W7 woofer

* Double-Faced Front Baffle (for added woofer support)

* Net Int. Volume: 1.75 cu. ft.

* Tuned @ 36.7Hz for MAXIMUM ""SQL""

* Gold-Plated Speaker Terminals

* Show-Quality Custom Carpet

* Dimensions (W x H x D): 22.75" x 15.5" x 15.5"

That seems a liitle high for the tuning. Maybe a little small for the enclosure as well. Sometimes the specs for mainstream drivers arent always the only way to go.

Yeah the BTL will be leader than the BL on the same amount of watts, yeah it is a shot in the dark when ordering products you havent heard. I was done that route 3 months ago before I purchased my Sundown Z-15 but after all the good reviews I said forget and went with it. You will never know unless you take a chance on it, the same way with girls you will never know until you take a chance. But most companies on here and including FI will never steer you wrong when making a sub purchase. I asked almost everybody on here about advice or reviews on there woofers and then asked them to compare them to what they have dealt with previously.

For shipping just put it in your cart and go through the checkout process like normally and stop once you figure out the shipping amount.

Kool, Thanks for that.. I just did that and theres a 120 dollar difference between total price of the 15 Btl and 15 BL

Instead of going out and spending a bunch of money on a new driver, get a new enclosure for the W7 first. Try building it yourself as you will save a ton of money. Its really not that hard.

i second that

I dont know about enclosures. I can cut some material if someone told me what length and stuff, but the porthole dimensions and width is very unfamiliar with me. I will do some looking around and see what I find. Thanks.

I just came from the store and had my amp cut on me. hell I dont know why it would. The blue led light came on indicating low voltage.