Lschevy

few questions for a daily beater

Well to start off i have a 95 camry, my previous system was stolen which was a 15'' L5 on a punch 1001bd in a sealed it was loud but not enough so im not that disappointed that its gone but now im looking for something better. I just came back from a few audio shops to get some ideas. i was thinking four sealed 12 but the way the box will have to be will make the two outside subs starve for airspace, so i started looking into some subs that will be alright in a small enclosure...(JL 12w6v2)the guys recommended three 12's or two 15's

the subs im looking into are...

Two 15's

BTL

AQ HDC3

L7

Four 12's

Cvx

12w6v2

Fi Q

The amps will probally be two AQ2200 but im open for suggestions $1500 give or take a few for subs and amps

Edited by LsChevy

Lets start off with the max dimensions of your trunk and we can go from there.

If you want loudness, get fewer subs and go ported.

I don't know if you can fit 2 15's in a trunk of a Camery.

This

Do you have the electrical to power the amps properly?

This

Do you have the electrical to power the amps properly?

x2, you are going to need at least an HO alternator and additional batteries

If you want loudness, get fewer subs and go ported.

x2, go for 2-12"s or a 15" ported (I dont think your trunk is big enough for 2-15" ported but if so that would be your best bet). Like posted earlier max dimensions of the area we have to work with will help out.

I just measured my trunk 40w, 35D, and 17.5H my electrical system should be alright from my last two systems i had to upgrade it a little i was running a fosgate t4000 on two fosgate power series t2 15's

here is a box design that i got from audio shop guys for four cvx 15's

1-23-20101-29-45AM.jpg

Edited by LsChevy

Are you going to be able to actually use all of that space? That's about 11.5 cubs net volume for a box, you could port two 15s. I guarantee that'll be louder than four sealed 15s.

yes i will i posted the same question on another forum and i got a reply stating that i will come down to 3 cubes per sub :(

I say port 2 12's or 1 15" in an optimal box and call it a day. You're also saving money that way by using half the subs and getting louder at the same time. Like stated above, something like 2 15"s ported is going to sound better than 4 15"s in a sealed box. My suggestion: 1 15" Fi BL in a good 4cft box ported at about 32-35 hz. I guarentee you wont be disappointed. If you have the space though, shoot for 2 15"s ported. But remember, 1 sub in an optimal box is going to sound better than 2 subs being choked in a box too small for them.

i vote 2 12s ported, cause they have more cone area. 2 12s in a 4-5cu ft ported.