gadgeteer123

Which amp is best for my xcon.

Which amp is better  

26 members have voted

1. 1. Which of these amps is best for accuracy and clean sound?

• Hifonics Brutus BXI2010D
    • Sundown Audio saz1500d
    • Other

If you're really on a (small) budget, keep your amp as it's powerful enough for the Xcon.

And work on the electrical system. You know what to do!!!

Well, I do not have a job, and a sundown for $around $500 is to much for now, when an alternator for less than $200 is much easier, and the fact that when I had 0 gauge wire the voltage would drop to 12 volts, because cadillacs have heated seats, and other things that drain power. The alternator in thos cars are 140 amps and the amplifier draws about 170 amps plus my 4 channel amp drawing power to.

That makes no sense and it is still as backwards like stated above, it is ok to work on you electrical but doing it the way your are is ridiculous. Take a step back and slow down, you dont have the car or the money so stop rushing things and plan this right or you will be at this all day or making changes to equipment your once you put it in (trust me I know I have been there and done it myself). Sit down and think about this wisely and if you need help dont be afraid to ask.

Buy used then save up to buy exactly what you want. YOu could then resell the used equipment and get most of your money back.

Good advice Jay-Cee. Sometimes you have to crawl before walk.

These are my plans for when I do have the car and money, And how is it ridiculous?

i dont understand why you ask for thelp, then call everyone out like they dont know their shit. im not saying i do, but someone in your position should not be calling out ppl who are trying to help you. they are making bad comments about you bc you call them out. if you are not gonna take advice, then fine, dont. but keep it to yourself, do your thing and let it be at that. theres no need to call everyone out man, its ridiculous.

Have fun diggin' your alternator out.

Replacing an alt is easy as cake, replacing anything under the hood is easy..

OP slow yr role and get what is NEEDED.

besides deadener and a better amp than my hifonics 1610D there isn't much to do.

Just FYI saz-1500D can be found under 300$ used if you look around.

If you can sell the Hifonics for around the same price and only need to spend couple more $ for the Sundown you can do the switch if you like.

Get a car, install your hifonics and xcon, power them properly and if you see some voltage drop add some batts. 140A amp sounds pretty good for 1500-2000W system.

ya my 140amp did, until I cooked it twice in 1.5yrs. its not the fact that I am drawing to much power, it is because the stock alternator isn't built for heavy loads, there not heavy duty. We had them re-do it the last time to heavy duty my current alternator, but that was my old car, so I gotta start over. I probably won't upgrade it until I cook the alt. Ya I Plan on doing that with my amp, but my projector recently died so I won't bother with that until I get my projector fixed.

ya my 140amp did, until I cooked it twice in 1.5yrs. its not the fact that I am drawing to much power, it is because the stock alternator isn't built for heavy loads, there not heavy duty. We had them re-do it the last time to heavy duty my current alternator, but that was my old car, so I gotta start over. I probably won't upgrade it until I cook the alt. Ya I Plan on doing that with my amp, but my projector recently died so I won't bother with that until I get my projector fixed.

Yes they aren't designed for heave loads but my stock 90 amp works well charging my starting battery and two group 31 batteries, it's in great shape. (Knock on wood)

I don't understand, early in this thread you were defending Hifonics and saying you like the one you have, then suddenly change your mind and start calling it junk. I don't understand. You already have it and it will power your sub sufficiently, just keep it and call it a day.

In my personal experiences with Maxxsonics amps I've been extremely satisfied. They're often overrated and there's obviously better equipment on the market, but for the price they can't be beat in my opinion. Comparing a $250 amp to a $500 amp with similar power output isn't really a fair comparison.

I still think hifonics are the best bang for buck, but overall I want a new amp someday, since Ive read that people have tested these for distortion and they start distorting at half watt output, and its audible at 2/3rd's output, it was in some topic in here but I forgot where.

I still think hifonics are the best bang for buck, but overall I want a new amp someday, since Ive read that people have tested these for distortion and they start distorting at half watt output, and its audible at 2/3rd's output, it was in some topic in here but I forgot where.

Don't base your opinion on something you read, base your opinion on what you hear, put the amp on your xcon in the car and see how it sounds.