gadgeteer123

My new enclosure, what takes so long?

Please don't take this the wrong way, but i have asked all the enclosure builders on here for a quote on a enclosure so I can then pay them to start building one, but the only person who has responded was pound that sound and he can't build one at the moment, I don't like waiting, I want to know who I can go through that will respond within the 24 hours, its been 3 days now, and I haven't gotten one quote yet?? I'm sorry if this bothers someone, but what kind of business makes there customers wait?

Most of these guys have full-time jobs and are doing this on the side. Many of them are also backed up from the holidays so it may take some time. Don't know what else to tell ya. If you're sick of waiting, why not go to a local shop?

because my local shop charges $250 for a basic everyday square slot port enclosure. with nothin extra done to it. when the last quote i had on here was for $260 and it had windows and a flared slot prt.

I guess i can wait, I thought a couple of these guys did this as there job but I guess not

Try another means of communication I guess. I build my own, so I've never had to contact any of these guys. I don't know if you have the time or tools, but for $250 you can buy the wood and tools to build your own.

Ya but, for me to build it to my expectations, which are pretty high, it would take me a month for two. I like everything perfectly lined up, no flaws, carpet perfect, everything even, and so on, I like my box's to be as nice as a mercedes lol.

Since I have no experience, the only things ive made out of wood where a wooden stool in shop class, and a closet. but I want flared ports, 2 windows, and such. i did make a box for my rear 6x9s and they work but look like crap.

Edited by Small Town Audiophile

because my local shop charges $250 for a basic everyday square slot port enclosure. with nothin extra done to it. when the last quote i had on here was for $260 and it had windows and a flared slot prt.

You can't have it both ways. If you want it quick, go to a local shop and pay more. If you want to save money or get a fancier box for your money, you're going to have to wait on the guys who do this in their spare time.

The other option would be to try to negotiate with the shop. It'll probably still be more expensive, but if it costs you an extra $100 is it worth it to you compared to waiting weeks between build time and shipping from one of the online guys?

I'd rather waat for the cheaper price I don't have a license until april anyways, i am just bored in my tiny town of 704 people with no license, waiting for my stereo and surfing the web is all there is to do.

The three builders on here are all skilled, and worth it. They don't do this as their full time job, trust me, car audio does not pay enough. One of them will happily build you a great enclosure, just give it a chance. ;)

I thought Quentin (Audible Customs) was going to build your box?

he said he was but now that I have the money he won't answer me. So idn.

he said he was but now that I have the money he won't answer me. So idn.

More than likely busy at the moment. Be patient!

If you are in a major hurry, there are other members on here that build boxes.

I know, and thats why I have posted the box I wanted to build in the fabrication category. But no one has offered.

Well wait, you cant listen to it anyway and you dont have your license to April so there is no time to rush a box. Either wait till somebody gets back to you, build it yourself or get one done locally. The more impatient you are is not going to get your box fixed any faster, so just be patient and wait till someone gets back to you.

I would make a temporary box so you can have something until the one you want gets built if your that much in a hurry.

Ok i am being patient now, ive stated that already.

Why not build a temporary sealed enclosure. Would be quite simple, just need to cut 6 pieces of 3/4" MDF to size and cut out the baffle for the sub to drop in.

i was gonna do that but my mom wont let me use her mdf, and im saving all the money i have for my system.

Your mom has MDF? LOL. Does she like car audio too ? j/k :santa:

Save your money for the moment and be patient. You have been waiting all your life and now suddenly want it fast ... just wait for some days.

just take a try. it will pay off give it a shot

i made mine with my cousins help and tools.

Im sure you can too!

You don't drive yet.

So that's good, because you can wait for a good box builder.popcorn.gif

Let audibel or one of the 2 others build you a box you will be proud of. You're so lucky you can do that.

I had to make a friend make mine with a design from Fisher custom : it's well buit but does not have the finishing touch you will get!peepwall.gif

i was gonna do that but my mom wont let me use her mdf, and im saving all the money i have for my system.

Idk about by you, but home depot here has a 4ftx8ft 3/4" sheet of mdf for like, $8. not bad at all.