Today i got my AQ2200 (used) and hooked it up to my dvc 4ohm(wired to 1ohm) type r's just to see how it works, it was dark out so i couldnt/didnt really have time to tune the amp correctly.. but i did do it by ear real quick., and i have to say.... i was REALLY dissapointed :shrug:

My PDX1000 performed/powered better.. i set the gains on that by ear, but acually sat there for about an hour listening to it and turning lil by lil. (not like i did with the AQ)

My question is should i be afriad its defective?

oh.. and do i HAVE to use the bass knob? - i dont like having one.

Thank you dom.

No you dont have to use the bass knob, did you check all your settings on h/u and amp? What does your electrical consist off? Did you check all your connections?

so your at 4 ohms now?

i have seen that amp push to 2 15 inch Q's really nice like at 1 ohm.

Isn't there some issue with the gain control and knob with Audioque amps? Where the amp gain is set to maxium and then the knob is used up front with the clipping indicator to let you know how the gain is set. Not to sure, but thought I read that somewhere.

No you dont have to use the bass knob, did you check all your settings on h/u and amp? What does your electrical consist off? Did you check all your connections?

I used the same power and ground as my PDX1000, all the connections were soild. Im runnin' on stock now, with a yellow top. I just hooked it up to see if it works.. and it was just shitty. All the settings on the h/u were on stock/normal like when i first bought it beacuse i had to disconnect the car batt.

so your at 4 ohms now?

i have seen that amp push to 2 15 inch Q's really nice like at 1 ohm.

Im running them at 1ohm.

Isn't there some issue with the gain control and knob with Audioque amps? Where the amp gain is set to maxium and then the knob is used up front with the clipping indicator to let you know how the gain is set. Not to sure, but thought I read that somewhere.

can you elaborate?

I would try to set the gain with a DMM JUST to be sure. But I wouldn't be surprised if it is defective. After SHizzzon's fiasco with AQ, I'm scarred for life.

I would try to set the gain with a DMM JUST to be sure. But I wouldn't be surprised if it is defective. After SHizzzon's fiasco with AQ, I'm scarred for life.

What could be defective that it would cause it to have less power output?

I would speak to Dj at AQ. My friend had the same amp and almost the same issue. Another issue when using the bass knob (which I dislike aswell) is that the clipping light was ALWAYS flashing. If it wasn't there was almost no output at all. IIRC, my friend told me there were some issues with those amps.

can you elaborate?

If I remember right.... Turn the gain to maximum on the amp. Hook up the gain knob and turn it up to where the clipping indicator flashes but doesn't stay on all the time. If it flashes supposedly it's ok but if the light stays on, then the amp is clipping.

SSA Member Shizzon would be the one to ask about these amps.

I would speak to Dj at AQ. My friend had the same amp and almost the same issue. Another issue when using the bass knob (which I dislike aswell) is that the clipping light was ALWAYS flashing. If it wasn't there was almost no output at all. IIRC, my friend told me there were some issues with those amps.

My clipping light didnt turn on... nor did the power light... :bull::bull::bull:

I wish i woulda known the amp is worth 2cents before i bought it..

I'll email him now.

can you elaborate?

If I remember right.... Turn the gain to maximum on the amp. Hook up the gain knob and turn it up to where the clipping indicator flashes but doesn't stay on all the time. If it flashes supposedly it's ok but if the light stays on, then the amp is clipping.

SSA Member Shizzon would be the one to ask about these amps.

Well i hope SSA Member Shizzon opens this thread.

what gauge wire are you using, PDX only has 4 gauge imputs. not enough current will make the amp sound like that, plus would run anymore than the saz 1500 on stock alternater. thats a 2200d provided your not getting 2200 watts you should be some where around 1200-1500 at 1 ohm. some amps need 0 gauge to even run @1ohm. need power to make power.

ssa member shizzzon opens thread...pm me for my number when u ready to retune it and have a dmm handy as well.and a tape measure or the exact specs of ur box.

what gauge wire are you using, PDX only has 4 gauge imputs. not enough current will make the amp sound like that, plus would run anymore than the saz 1500 on stock alternater. thats a 2200d provided your not getting 2200 watts you should be some where around 1200-1500 at 1 ohm. some amps need 0 gauge to even run @1ohm. need power to make power.

Im using 0 gauge, and the amp is running about 200 watts id say....

ssa member shizzzon opens thread...pm me for my number when u ready to retune it and have a dmm handy as well.and a tape measure or the exact specs of ur box.

l

What kinda of DMM should i buy? I looked at some today and they all had different power rating. 200-750volts sound good?

Not to offend you or anything are you sure there wired to 1 ohm like the picture below (take them out the box and check just to be sure):

2_4ohm_dvc_1ohm.gif

l

What kinda of DMM should i buy? I looked at some today and they all had different power rating. 200-750volts sound good?

to check an amp you will need a dmm rated for 200 vac or more ( that should be plenty of head room to test ) and one that also has a amp clamp that can do 100 amps ac would be nice but you wont NEED it but it can save you lots-o-time doing all the math.

Wow, I had considered at one time to look into buying an AQ2200 for my Fi Q's. Looks like I may have made the right choice going ahead and spending the money with Sundown.

theres nothing wrong with the amps.DJ made it so easy to setup these amps that users complicate the setup. we hsve seen it over and over again.and trust me, if there were just a few with unknown problems, production would hslt.they are tested before being shipped overseas and again before shipping out to a vustomer.ssa forum hates cell phones...

Not to offend you or anything are you sure there wired to 1 ohm like the picture below (take them out the box and check just to be sure):

2_4ohm_dvc_1ohm.gif

yeah 12volt.com.. thats the website i used to check it.

l

to check an amp you will need a dmm rated for 200 vac or more ( that should be plenty of head room to test ) and one that also has a amp clamp that can do 100 amps ac would be nice but you wont NEED it but it can save you lots-o-time doing all the math.

- Harbor Freight Tools - Quality Tools at the Lowest Prices

That one will work, yes?

Yeah if your only going to use it for round the house and the car that would be a good one to get.