xX Mavr1ck Xx

99 Yukon getting 18" BTL

yea i would think u should b fine...i have the 1610 on stock alt and battery, and i have it turned about 3/4 up and my voltage only drops to about 13 volts.

That's what's up man. I guess I'll have to do that part after everything else is installed. I guess I should do big 3, then alternator, and then the 2nd battery. Well an update on where the BTL is at: It arrived in Memphis, TN today and shipped to Nashville, TN (30 minutes drive from me) and the lastupdate is departure from Nashville,TN to Murfreesboro,TN (My town). I wish there was a way to pick it up tomorrow =(. Its like torture having to wait 2 extra days when its 5 minutes away from you.suicide-santa.gif lol

lol i feel ya there bro...ive had that happen to me b4...it blows.

I have a powermaster 200amp in my chevy. I have had this alt for 7-8 years now, Definetly a name you can trust. My is part number 48202. Don't buy cheap you will regret it.

I have a powermaster 200amp in my chevy. I have had this alt for 7-8 years now, Definetly a name you can trust. My is part number 48202. Don't buy cheap you will regret it.

x2

x2

I will look into them, thanks for all the advice guys.

Well today I was a little bored and I ran my power wire a little bit better, and think I'm moving my ground. I'll show where my ground was, and I guess I should do it to the frame, but I dont have enough ground wire for that. Will the ground I have now be good? Also mounted the amp on the box, and ran the speaker wire from amp to inside the box. Just some boring stuff... Heres some pics

Amp mounted

2ymzukw.jpg

What the wires look like on the inside

2yoygrt.jpg

Heres where the power wire is ran

2m4uf6p.jpg

Where is comes out and here is where my ground question is

5jz310.jpg

Good job on the wire, I hate tearing apart the interior to run wires. It's such a bitch.

Also, on the alternator, call around to some auto electric shops and see what it costs to rewind your alternator.

It's best to ground to the frame, as that's directly grounded to the battery.

Tomorrow is when the BTL will arrive! I will be cutting the hole in the box, painting/gluing the top on, siliconing the top, then it must dry overnight and maybe a little longer. So I'd say Tuesday/Wednsday I will be hounding hopefully, if I dont run into too many problems. I will have pics of the unboxing and everything else. It should arrive by at least 2:00PM Central time, so check back about 3 or 4 for some pics of the unboxing. =) Thanks everyone for your comments/opinions/advice, I really appreciate all the feedback from you guys. Check back tomorrow for updates!

Tomorrow is when the BTL will arrive! I will be cutting the hole in the box, painting/gluing the top on, siliconing the top, then it must dry overnight and maybe a little longer. So I'd say Tuesday/Wednsday I will be hounding hopefully, if I dont run into too many problems. I will have pics of the unboxing and everything else. It should arrive by at least 2:00PM Central time, so check back about 3 or 4 for some pics of the unboxing. =) Thanks everyone for your comments/opinions/advice, I really appreciate all the feedback from you guys. Check back tomorrow for updates!

:woot::woot:

Your lucky you have room for the 18"BTL. I would too but the Honda wasn't having it. I started out only going to get the 12" but am making the 15" fit!smile.gif

I can't wait to see the pictures, It just never gets old seeing a fresh BTL in the box!!!Bling.gif

If I where you, I would drill a hole, bolt the ground to the floor with a nut on the under side and run another ground under the body to the frame from the same bolt. Don't forget to clean to BARE METAL. A vehicle with a frame can NEVER have enough grounds between body and frame, Body and engine, Engine and frame. On my Chevy a couple extra ground straps between even made all the body lights brighter as they are only grounded to the body.

Your lucky you have room for the 18"BTL. I would too but the Honda wasn't having it. I started out only going to get the 12" but am making the 15" fit!smile.gif

I can't wait to see the pictures, It just never gets old seeing a fresh BTL in the box!!!Bling.gif

If I where you, I would drill a hole, bolt the ground to the floor with a nut on the under side and run another ground under the body to the frame from the same bolt. Don't forget to clean to BARE METAL. A vehicle with a frame can NEVER have enough grounds between body and frame, Body and engine, Engine and frame. On my Chevy a couple extra ground straps between even made all the body lights brighter as they are only grounded to the body.

Thats a good idea, I never thought of doing that. I dont think I have enough ground wire though. Guess I'll have to look in to buying a couple extra feet, or I could cut off some of my extra power wire and use that right?

I

Yeah ground wire and power wire are the same thing, just usually a different jacket on them to help tell the difference when installing.

If i ever have to use the same color wire for something I put rings of black electric tape on each end of the ground so I know which is which. If it's just for a ground strap under the body you can't really get confused though. Don't forget to clean both sides of the body where you sandwich it.

Don't forget to use Lock Nuts on the grounds so they don't come loose.

OMG Its finally here!!!!!!!!!!!

Just cut the hole, now I gotta go to work =(. I'll paint the top tonight, and let it dry overnight and in to the day. Here's pics!

692kk4.jpg

1zdbznq.jpg

v46j2x.jpg

zvwidv.jpg

I'll have more pics later! Gotta go!

Your 18" is beautiful, a picture just doesn't begin to show how big it is.

Did you make the UPS guy carry it all the way to the door? That would of been fun to watch.

My UPS guy was like a Ninja, I went outside and the box was already sitting there. He was probly like "wtf".

Here it is

The video shows up in the editor, but disappears when I publish it. theres the link tho, sorry!

Edited by xX Mavr1ck Xx

arn't you glad our rear view mirrors are connected to the top and not the windshield happy.gif

Very glad lol. I'm very very very very happy with this purchase, and it was worth every dollar. The next major move, is new mids and highs. I was thinking 4 tweeters up front, 2 mids up front and 2 in the rear. When I went to get my system checked out at a local audio shop, he said they could what I wanted with a 4 channel amp for $600 installed Is that a good deal? I don't really know how much mids and highs. The brand he had me looking at was Ample for the speakers and I forgot what amp? Anyone have experience or opinion on that brand?

I wouldnt do 4 tweeters up front, just stick with a nice set of components unless you want to go active and then that is a different story. You will need a 2 channel amp for a passive (component setup) and a 4 channel amp for an active (2 way setup).