xX Mavr1ck Xx

99 Yukon getting 18" BTL

I'm pretty new to this website,and I'd like to thank everyone for the warm welcome. I am currently in the process of upgrading my subwoofer setup in my Yukon. I used to have 2 12" Alpine Type E and Alpine 450 watt amp. That was my first setup I ever had, and now that I know a lot more (definitely not everything) I am ready to upgrade. So ever since I saw Steeve Meeades's videos on YouTube, I've always wanted to get a BTL. Recently I've pulled the trigger on getting the stuff I need to do this. Ive paid for everythiing except for the sub itself, because I need to sell my previous setup to have enough money. I put on craigslist for $250, but every time someone offers me 200, and I think they are worth more than that. Am I wrong? is $200 doing good? So enough talking and here's what I have done so far.

1 Hifonics 2010D Amplifier (Received Today) Waiting on wires

7.33 Ft. Cubed ported box (Built and painted) Still needs the hole cut, and top painted

Rockford 0 gauge amplifier kit (Shipped but not received)

1 Fi BTL 18" Subwoofer (Not ordered)

Here's pics of the box without paint, cause its too hard to see it. thinking of using some gray colored spatter paint but still unsure.

2hf3z4g.jpg

Here is the amp I just got today =)

28gyogm.jpg

Here is a pic of the amp kit I ordered

oaq0zl.jpg

And of course, here is the BTL

28kn2uc.jpg

Thanks for reading, Mavrick!

Edited by xX Mavr1ck Xx

good start!

I would say that price is alittle low

Thanks man! I'm really excited and can't wait for my wires to get here so I can get the amp ready! And on the price, thanks too, I knew I wasn't crazy for asking $250 lol. But I'm getting really anxious...

Fired up the amp with my old wires to see what color it lights up as. I love it! It goes with the rest of my car, cause I have blue leds in the dash and other places

536ahe.jpg

27zw5t1.jpg

Also decided to use some splatter paint on the box, the picture isnt as good as it looks in person

2u56ctk.jpg

Well my amp kit came in today and here it is

m75b42.jpg

I drilled a hole in the firewall so the 0 gauge could go through, and it went a lot better than I thought it would

fum79i.jpg

But then I encountered a minor problem. I cut the power wire so I could hook it up to the fuse and the wire wont fit in correctly. It's tooo big to fit in the hole of the fuse box. So, I'm kind of stuck until I figure this situtation out. I'm sure it's an easy fix, but this is only the 2nd time I have ever done this, so any help will be greatly appreciated!

rc6dts.jpg

EDIT: Nevermind I figured it out, theres a spacer in there, I guess for like 4 gauge or something.

Edited by xX Mavr1ck Xx

looks great! i really like that blue in the dash trink40.gif

me too.

Ha glad you guys like the lights. I got my whole HVAC controls done too. I'll post a pic up of the whole thing, and best part is my radio light are blue too, so it's really cool. I'd like to give a shoutout to superbrightleds.com and v-leds.com for the bulbs.

Looks good! Keep up with more pics and videos!

I drilled a hole in the firewall so the 0 gauge could go through, and it went a lot better than I thought it would

EDIT: Nevermind I figured it out, theres a spacer in there, I guess for like 4 gauge or something.

How do you go about finding a good spot in the firewall to drill thru? I had to tuck my wires behind the wheel well and around the frame to get it into my car without drilling a hole cause i didnt want to mess anything up. and because of that I had to use 4 gauge wire or my wire would get crushed by the inside of the door. its pretty shitty looking, but was all i could do.

Edited by Third Eye Vision

How do you go about finding a good spot in the firewall to drill thru? I had to tuck my wires behind the wheel well and around the frame to get it into my car without drilling a hole cause i didnt want to mess anything up. and because of that I had to use 4 gauge wire or my wire would get crushed by the inside of the door. its pretty shitty looking, but was all i could do.

Well it depends on what kind of car you have and stuff like that. I already had a smaller hole there from my previous setup and put a bigger drill bit on and did it. I dont recommend running it thru your door jam like you said, but if thats all you can do, thats all you can do. Just find a good spot and look under the hood and ensure that you arent going to hit anything, and you could look for pre exsisting entrances through the firewall. My friend has his running through a plastic weather strip circle he has in his frontier. I will post a pic up of his is the morning of what his looks like. If you dont feel comfortable drilling the hole then I wouldnt do it. I was pretty scared when I did mine, but it came out better than I thought. Anyways, sorry for the long response, hope this helps a little bit.:D

Good news! I got all my wires ran and hid today. Man I had so much trouble snaking all that 0 gague, but its done and "almost" unoticeable lol. Hooked the amp up to it and it turns on and everything and is ready for the BTL. Even more good news, I sold my old setup for more than I thought I would (300). Just glad to get it out and move on. I'll post pics up of how the wires look and stuff. Hopefully the bank will be open so I can deposit my money and order the sub tomorrow =)! Man I can't wait!

By the way, does anyone have a suggestion for what kind of battery I should add? I currently have a duralast gold top, should I get the same one, or is there another way I should do it? Thanks

the ssa store right here sells xs power...thats what im gonna get

I would look in to getting an Odyssey 1500DT because for us GM people they have the side terminals which is nice :) It allows you to keep the factory connections on the side and then you can use the top posts for your system. I personally have one in my 01 Tahoe and love it!!!

I would put the Odyssey up front in place of your Goldtop and do the Big 3 and see if you still need more juice...

Odyssey PC1500DT Battery: BatteryMart.com

I would look in to getting an Odyssey 1500DT because for us GM people they have the side terminals which is nice smile.gif It allows you to keep the factory connections on the side and then you can use the top posts for your system. I personally have one in my 01 Tahoe and love it!!!

I would put the Odyssey up front in place of your Goldtop and do the Big 3 and see if you still need more juice...

Odyssey PC1500DT Battery: BatteryMart.com

Let me see if I got this right, I can compelety take out the Goldtop and run the whole thing off the single battery you suggested (along with big 3)? Thanks for the quick responses! =)

I would give it a shot, I am currently running a SAZ-1500D off stock alt, one of those batts, and the Big 3. When I have it wired down to 1 ohm I get minimal voltage drop...

I would give it a shot, I am currently running a SAZ-1500D off stock alt, one of those batts, and the Big 3. When I have it wired down to 1 ohm I get minimal voltage drop...

That makes me happy =)! Thank you very much. I will looking into getting one of those, and would you say about 20 ft of 0 gauge would be enough? Then of course I'll need ring terminals, solder, and all that good stuff.slayer.gif

I changed my suburban over to top post. I hate those side terminals! They come loose to easily.

Just to add another option for the GM owners

Deka Intimidator 9A78 Battery

Is that for adding to run with my duralast or taking its place?

I changed my suburban over to top post. I hate those side terminals! They come loose to easily.

I agree, and the way mines set up the air intake box is right in the damn way lol. I think I might have to move mine like you.

BTL is officially ordered!!! I went with the cooling package, HiXm coil, and dual 2. I'm really excited and can't wait for it to arrive. Guess the only thing to do now is order a battery and work on getting the big 3 done. jump.gifjump.gif

That makes me happy =)! Thank you very much. I will looking into getting one of those, and would you say about 20 ft of 0 gauge would be enough? Then of course I'll need ring terminals, solder, and all that good stuff.slayer.gif

20 ft for big 3 and power/ground? or just for the power and ground run? If it's for all three then i would get alittle more 1/0 just in case

Well nothing really exciting has happened yet. I haven't heard anything on the BTL, but I assume they are working hard on it. I did install my bass knob. I also ordered some stuff from darvex.com including: 20 ft of wire for big 3, 10 pack of ring terminals, ANL fuses and holder, stinger voltage meter, and I think thats it. I want to go to a shop and just have them beef up myy stock alternator until I can get a new one. That's about all I have for now.

P.S. I'm dying with no BASS! =(

if i were you i would just save up that money for a rewound alternator and put it towards the new one, seems like you would be wasting money...but that's my .02