shizzzon

Is Kinetik going out of business?

I cannot find this info anywhere but i was at a seminar for a big show coming every year in Louisville, KY next month.

The dealer there said that they would have still been a current Kinetik battery dealer but they had to get rid of their inventory because there are rumors goin around saying that Kinetik is about to close for good...

Now, i have never seen this posted anywhere but a dealer would have first hand knowledge of such action so i dont know really what to believe.

It doesn't hurt me any but for those who like the company, might be something to look into.

i would really like to know the truth instead of hear-say so i'll see what some others might know...

I read something about this a long whle back, sometime last year. I can't remember where it was, but I thought it was dismissed as not true.

ok, so it sounds like they may just suspend their business until they move...

Still yet, why would any dealer stop dealing with a company based on a move?

It doesnt matter if they moved from 300mi away to 1000mi away.. it still has to be delivered to the store???

I don't know.. unless they moving out of the country....

Cant say if that is true or what that is what I heard so just really adding to the hear say but who knows maybe Shuriken is taking over. But on a serious note I dont know what there deal is and have noticed a lot of sites have them on back order as of now especially the popular models.

Because their batteries tend to explode?

Powermaster 4 lyfe

Powermaster 4 lyfe

Kinetik batteries have an exploding problem, damn sure didnt know that if it is true.

i've never been a fan of Kinetik and no offense to kinetik fans based on the independent lab test that was done comparing the 16v kinetik vs xs power.

Simply put, the kinetik 16v batt has a higher rated aH, weighs more and cost only $30 less than the xs power batt.

The test concluded as follows-

500A load was placed on the batts.

Kinetik lasted 21sec

XS Power lasted 85sec!!!!

4x the time length = 4x the battery.

I've always been an XS Power fan but when money gets tough... Deka is the fallback option, :)

If your independent lab does tests like you tested the clipping light, I'd take their tests with a grain of salt.

i know when i called they said thay are unavailable until the move is finished. and the only reason i run kinetik is because i got a really good deal on it.

Powermaster 4 lyfe

False.

And no, Kinetik is not going out of business. To my understanding they recently/are in the process of opening a third warehouse as to more quickly and easily distribute their quality product ;)

Powermaster 4 lyfe

False.

Not false. You just haven't seen the thread

What causes an exploded battery? - Realm of Excursion

Maybe asking where or how I got the information or where I'd seen it would have been wise before just using a blanket and blind "huurrr FALSE".

u can clearly see on just comparing specs alone that XS Power can deliver higher current for short bursts than Kinetik can.

In the competition world, that's the primary thing to look for in a battery.

The Kinetik's have longer reserve times like a UPS battery but the Kinetik's do have higher Max amps than a UPS batt, just falls short compared to Batcap or XS Power.

Powermaster 4 lyfe

False.

Maybe asking where or how I got the information or where I'd seen it would have been wise before just using a blanket and blind "huurrr FALSE".

So by going off of your thought process if I post threads of other batteries that swell and fail means they all swell and fail?

Deka batteries

battery bulge...why? :( - The Forum

Optima battery overheating? 2000 Mustang GT - Ford Mustang Forums

yea, i read that thread and i believe the batt was abused, possibly more than what is being told as well that contributed to it's death.

Point being- if someone lets a 12v batt drop below 11v DAILY! :trippy: deserves to have the batt get damaged. Mistreat products and they will mistreat you.

yea, i read that thread and i believe the batt was abused, possibly more than what is being told as well that contributed to it's death.

Point being- if someone lets a 12v batt drop below 11v DAILY! :trippy: deserves to have the batt get damaged. Mistreat products and they will mistreat you.

Here is the broken link ****/board/index.php?showtopic=59171&st=0&start=0

Yes you are correct, abuse can damage batteries. You can have outright damage in smaller set ups from drawing too much or if you bottle neck large banks of batteries. (hooking up too many or too large of draws on one connection).

Heck I guess you can ask who is in business if a company is no longer featured on a battery page on popular car audio sites or on internet forums during meeting/show times at CES.

Powermaster 4 lyfe

False.

Hey there!

It appears that you've exceeded the maximum number of posts you can view, but wait, there's a simple solution. To unlock the forum and continue viewing messages, all you need to do is sign up for a free account. The entire process takes just a few minutes so create your account now and view as many threads as you like!

Already a member? Login at the top of this page to stop seeing this message.

I'm not going to register on another one of Ant's monopoly of forums just to read a single thread. But "tend to" indicates that it's a problem with the majority of their batteries when the simple matter of fact is that far more of their batteries provide years of faithful service than the number that fail. Yes, if you search the forums you will find threads about Kinetik batteries that had some kind of problem. But guess what? You can find that about any battery used in this industry. You don't think Powermasters fail? But I don't go around spouting off about how all Powermasters tend to explode and fail because I read a thread on the internet. It happens, and generally when a product does fail the person using it fails to tell the full story and about how it was used and abused prior to failure. So I wouldn't exactly rely on a thread on an internet forum as indisputable proof to validate a certain viewpoint or trend for a entire brand.

Lastly, without having in-depth knowledge of actual return rates and reasons for failures (etc) for both Kinetik and Powermaster you can not actually demonstrate with any validity that Kinetiks tend to fail more frequently than Powermasters. I'm not talking internet topics....actual verifiable #'s from the companies.

So yes.......false, as I originally stated.

Although it is fairly humorous that out of our conversation, you think I'm the one throwing around blind blanket statements when you opened with "their batteries tend to explode"...... Hmmm....that sounds like a pretty blind blanket statement to me......

hmm wont let me put up the links, oh well.

****/board/index.php?showtopic=59171&st=0&p=822078entry822078

Edited by audiolife

Sorry about that, but we don't have any links to that site here what so ever.

Sorry about that, but we don't have any links to that site here what so ever.

I didnt know about that until after, all I was doing was making a point is all