BanginGMC

4 12'' Type R's or 2 15'' HDC3

As of now i have an AQ2200 and 2 12 Type R's..

I cannot decide if i want to get 2 more type r's or sell the current type r's and buy 2 15'' HDC3s(copper)

If i was to get the HDC3 i'd buy another AQ2200, but if i was to get 2 more type r's i would just use the 1 AQ2200

I alrdy know im going to need more batts with the 2 AQ2200 then i would with 1 AQ2200 and possibly a bigger alt.

Dont think about budget when picking between the 2 choises :)

Thanks Dom.

This is a dry topic that is why no one is responding, we need more information to help us help you. If your asking which one is better that is hard to say, all installs are different the only way to tell is to buy both setups and test your self. You will have to make a compromise on this one and make a decision or flip a coin if it comes down between these two choices.

if you are going for output then 4 12s will have more surface area than 2 15s (not by much) so in that aspect it has the potential to be louder, BUT!! with more drivers in the chain you will have an over all less system efficiency. Both set ups will need about the same size box when all said and done. In your situation the 2 15s will be louder bc they will be seeing twice the power imput as your proposed 4 12s set up

Four 12's will have more motor force, heat dissipation, cone area, but Type-R's suck nuts. Think of something else.

i would do option three which is none of the first two. agree with duran.

Assuming you have room for the proper sized enclosure the HDC's can get quite loud off 2 2200's. 148+ daily is possible and they can still sound good playing real music.

Been playing with AQ/DD subs for a few years now and have learned a few things along the way...

4 sdc2.5 12s would work well, much better than type r's or sundown sa-12's are great to im using quite a few this year my self lol

if you are going for output then 4 12s will have more surface area than 2 15s (not by much) so in that aspect it has the potential to be louder, BUT!! with more drivers in the chain you will have an over all less system efficiency. Both set ups will need about the same size box when all said and done. In your situation the 2 15s will be louder bc they will be seeing twice the power imput as your proposed 4 12s set up

Answer i was looking for, thanks bud :santa:

u ever get that amp setup?

u ever get that amp setup?

Yeah, its much much much better then it was in the begining.. but still not as good as the PDX :suicide-santa:

I need a reallllly better electrical system dude, my headunit will power down once i start gettin the subs moving.

I thinking im going to need to get a diamond plated toolbox in the bed to store the amps and batts.

My designer gave me my specs on my box and its huge.. taking up ALL the room in my truck.

Im going to need to take the seats and stering wheel off JUST to get it in there.

AND i have to put the subs in BEFORE hand so that box is going to be one heavy bitch!

Box is 8 cubes NET with around 135 square inches of port tuned to around 36 hz. Port is 6" wide

Final box dimensions: 45"W x 20"D x 24"H -- with a double baffle

hmm, you think maybe the electrical system is making it seem the pdx was louder?

hmm, you think maybe the electrical system is making it seem the pdx was louder?

I think so.. my theory is the PDX wasnt putting that much of a strain on my little 78 amp alt so it was able to give it more of a steady legit power but with my AQ2200 its squeezing the shit out of my alt therefore the AQ doesnt have that steady power (voltmeter dances when its playing) sooo maybe/hopefully when im at a steady voltage ill get more of an output.

Thats just a theory though..

I think so.. my theory is the PDX wasnt putting that much of a strain on my little 78 amp alt so it was able to give it more of a steady legit power but with my AQ2200 its squeezing the shit out of my alt therefore the AQ doesnt have that steady power (voltmeter dances when its playing) sooo maybe/hopefully when im at a steady voltage ill get more of an output.

Thats just a theory though..

If that is the case, you will actually get louder by turning your gain down. Forcing your amp to put out a dirty signal is hard on the equipment and as such performance suffers. Back the gain off a little. I think you'll be glad you did until you can make your charging system a little more robust.