jcarter1885

XS Power Batteries for my application

I have a 2003 Saturn Ion with 105 Amp alternator, I want to replace starting battery and add a secondary battery for my setup. I will use a Sundown SAZ-2000D @ 2ohms (1000watts) and 2 Sundown SAX-125.2 (about 500 watts used between the two), my system wont use no more than 1600-1700rms at the most (over estimating it). What two batteries will suit my needs?

Thanks,

Jay

I have a 2003 Saturn Ion with 105 Amp alternator, I want to replace starting battery and add a secondary battery for my setup. I will use a Sundown SAZ-2000D @ 2ohms (1000watts) and 2 Sundown SAX-125.2 (about 500 watts used between the two), my system wont use no more than 1600-1700rms at the most (over estimating it). What two batteries will suit my needs?

Thanks,

Jay

I do not have my fitment guide here at home, so I will have to check and see what BCI Group battery your application uses when I get into the office tomorrow. it is probably the 3400, but I will have to check and make sure. If it is the 3400 to be honest you may not really wouldn't need a second battery. The 3400 will give you power for about 2500watts used as a starting battery. Just depends on how you are going to be using your system.

I will check in the morning and let you know for sure though.

Well I appreciate it, didnt know you guys batteries were that powerful.

Yeah they pack a punch. For instance the 1200 will give you 1500 watts as a starting battery and 3000 watts as a secondary battery. The 3100 will give you 5000+ watts of power as a secondary battery and 4000 watts of power as a starting battery.

We have a chart in one of our brochures I will try to post up here tomorrow and it shows the wattage per battery.

So when it comes to your batteries than should we ignore the AH rating or should consumers ignore the AH rating when shopping for a battery period. From my understanding and some of the things I heard it is usually at best to have at least your half your amps rating in Ah worth of batteries.

How much is it for a D3400 shipped to 76011? Thanks

jay r u just using that stock alternator?

Yeah they pack a punch. For instance the 1200 will give you 1500 watts as a starting battery and 3000 watts as a secondary battery. The 3100 will give you 5000+ watts of power as a secondary battery and 4000 watts of power as a starting battery.

We have a chart in one of our brochures I will try to post up here tomorrow and it shows the wattage per battery.

damn.

jay r u just using that stock alternator?

Yeah I am.

damn thats good to know...i really didnt wanna upgrade my alt. and i have the same size alt as u so i should b good. sorry to thread jack.

Not a problem at all your cool. My threads are for everyone to learn.

So when it comes to your batteries than should we ignore the AH rating or should consumers ignore the AH rating when shopping for a battery period. From my understanding and some of the things I heard it is usually at best to have at least your half your amps rating in Ah worth of batteries.

Ok I checked your battery group and it is a group 75 battery, which is kind of in between on size with a couple of our batteries. You should be able to use the S3400, but please take a look at and see. The group 75 battery is 9.06 L x 7.06 W x 7.31 H. The 3400 is 10.24 L x 6.75 W x 7.20 H. So the 3400 is just over a inch longer than your OEM battery. If you have an extra 1/2 inch on both sides it should work, and that would be a awesome battery to use. If you are using the side terminals I would suggest the IBAR Kit 551 or 555.

As for the AH rating. AH ratings are low amperage out puts for extended periods of time. For instance a 100AH battery can put out 5 amps for 20 hours. I dont know of a car audio enthusiast that only has a 5 amp draw from their system and runs it for 20 hours, so really in the car audio world AH, CA, and CCA ratings really do not mean anything. Car audio needs instantaneous power at high rates like MAX AMPS (instant burst of energy).

The batteries can be purchased here through the SSA Store. SSA is a XS Power authorized dealer.

Don't know if the deal is still good but I bought mine from MechMan because they had FREE SHIPPING!!! I payed $239 shipped for the d3400 and $180 shipped for the D1200. Also if your wondering the diff between the S3400 and D3400, The only diff is the S3400 is red and comes with An I-bar and metal protective case. They are the same battery.

Don't know if the deal is still good but I bought mine from MechMan because they had FREE SHIPPING!!! I payed $239 shipped for the d3400 and $180 shipped for the D1200. Also if your wondering the diff between the S3400 and D3400, The only diff is the S3400 is red and comes with An I-bar and metal protective case. They are the same battery.

Neither the D3400 or S3400 come with a protective metal case. They are both reinforced to handle the heat from under the hood applications. Also, the S3400 doesn't come with an IBAR kit. It does come with automotive terminals though and the D3400 just comes with the bolts and washers for use with ring terminals. You are correct though they are the same battery except for the auto terminals and the blue or red decals.

Not sure if MechMan still offers free shipping or not, but you may want to check here at SSA and see if they have any specials. Not trying to take away from MechMan, but I always think its good to support the forum since it is giving the members so already, but that is just MHO.

I want to publicly thank Nathan for stepping up and really helping out with the XS Power questions on here. We are all about keeping the best audio company forums on the net. :drink40:

I want to publicly thank Nathan for stepping up and really helping out with the XS Power questions on here. We are all about keeping the best audio company forums on the net. :drink40:

x2

Thanks for setting me straight Nathan, I should of just said they were the same batt. As far as ordering, The store on here DOES NOT have the 3400 batterys? or I would of ordered here as Mathew at MechMan was NOT very friendly. I am scared to call them back with ANY questions.

This post was edited fo better choose of words.

Edited by j-roadtatts

Why doesn't the store on SSA carry the 3400 batterys?

The same thing I was thinking just guessed since it was one of there newer models SSA just didnt have a chance to update there site.

Ok I checked your battery group and it is a group 75 battery, which is kind of in between on size with a couple of our batteries. You should be able to use the S3400, but please take a look at and see. The group 75 battery is 9.06 L x 7.06 W x 7.31 H. The 3400 is 10.24 L x 6.75 W x 7.20 H. So the 3400 is just over a inch longer than your OEM battery. If you have an extra 1/2 inch on both sides it should work, and that would be a awesome battery to use. If you are using the side terminals I would suggest the IBAR Kit 551 or 555.

As for the AH rating. AH ratings are low amperage out puts for extended periods of time. For instance a 100AH battery can put out 5 amps for 20 hours. I dont know of a car audio enthusiast that only has a 5 amp draw from their system and runs it for 20 hours, so really in the car audio world AH, CA, and CCA ratings really do not mean anything. Car audio needs instantaneous power at high rates like MAX AMPS (instant burst of energy).

Yeah I have up to 11" in my stock location so I will I be fine with the D3400 if that is all that I need, is there any difference between this battery and the D2400 (both seem to be fairly the same but the D2400 can handle a little more since it is the only one SSA is selling at the moment).

Thanks for setting me straight Nathan, I should of just said they were the same batt. As far as ordering, The store on here DOES NOT have the 3400 batterys? or I would of ordered here as Mathew at MechMan was NOT very friendly. I am scared to call them back with ANY questions.

This post was edited fo better choose of words.

Didn't mean it as setting you straight..........lol We are currently working with SSA to get there store full of all the XS Power Products!!! Would prob be a good idea to let them know what products you are looking for, and they may help determine what the most desired items are.

We are working on it. I am sure they will have a larger selection here very soon.

The same thing I was thinking just guessed since it was one of there newer models SSA just didnt have a chance to update there site.

Yeah I have up to 11" in my stock location so I will I be fine with the D3400 if that is all that I need, is there any difference between this battery and the D2400 (both seem to be fairly the same but the D2400 can handle a little more since it is the only one SSA is selling at the moment).

The 2400 may be to tall for your application (8.31"). May want to check and make sure (also the 2400 has a higher list price than the 3400). Both tthe 2400 and 2400 produce 2500 watts as starting batteries and 4000watts as secondary batteries. I would go with the 3400 and the 555 IBAR kit if you are using side terminals.

Yeah Im gonna stick with the D3400, thanks again either get it through Mechman if SSA doesnt have them or I cant get one through them.

Yeah Im gonna stick with the D3400, thanks again either get it through Mechman if SSA doesnt have them or I cant get one through them.

D3400 now available through the SSA Store.

SSA STORE

:woot:

D3400 now available through the SSA Store.

SSA STORE

:woot:

good deal :drink40: