audioman21

Dcon subwoofers

I've been eyeing the Dcons for a month or two and now that the price was dropped I'm defineatly getting three. I just don't know if i want tens or twelves.

My question is how much wattage is safe for them? I plan on running them with an Elemetal Desings Nine.1 at one ohm for 1200 watts. I know the Dcon's are rated for three hundred watts and my amp is underatted and with my electrical upgrades I'd be at 1400-1500 watts. With all that said should i just go easy on the gains or downgrade my amp?

Gains are there for exactly that reason.

You'll be fine. Just use common sense when setting your gain and don't use bass boost/etc.

What they said. :) Just because the amp is capable to do so, it does not mean you have to, and it does not mean you are not getting everything out of the sub woofers. :)

With that kind of power what kind of airspace would i need for a 10" or a 12" times 3?

Depends on your space you have available for the enclosure, and your goals. Based off of our suggestions, if you go with a trio of 10's for example, right aroud 3 to 3.5 cubes tuned in the 32hz range would be a great start if you went ported. If 12's, then 6 cubes would be great ported. :)

With that kind of power what kind of airspace would i need for a 10" or a 12" times 3?

Depends on your space you have available for the enclosure, and your goals. Based off of our suggestions, if you go with a trio of 10's for example, right aroud 3 to 3.5 cubes tuned in the 32hz range would be a great start if you went ported. If 12's, then 6 cubes would be great ported. :)

x2, that is how you choose what subs and how many subs you want to run. The best thing to do is go measure your max dimenisons (height x width x length) and figure out your maximum cubic feet you have available before displacement (subs, port and bracing).

The reason I don't know what size subs I want yet is I'm actually getting the car around my system. I'm stuck between a 95-99 Monte Carlo or Cutlass Supreme Coupe or a full size sedan like a Crown victoria or grand Marquis. I didn't want to suffocate the subs. When I order them I'll buy some plans off somebody on the forum.

Sound wise I'm just going for overall good sound nothing crazy, I'm actually stepping down from two DC level four 12"s with level five coils off of two Elemental Designs Nine.1's strapped. I had them in a little Cavalier and it just tore the h@ll out of the trunk. Don't get me wrong I want to pound good still just toned down. I've done my homework and all my comparing and overall the Dcon's seem to be what i'm looking for. Also you don't see alot of SSA subs so its different than the usual. The price drop they just put on the Dcon's really takes the cake for me.

So you guys say roughly 3.5 cubes (give or take) on a trio of 10's with my wattage? I like the loooows too so what freq. would you recommend?

Edited by audioman21

They are right at home in the 29-33hz range. :)

The reason I don't know what size subs I want yet is I'm actually getting the car around my system. I'm stuck between a 95-99 Monte Carlo or Cutlass Supreme Coupe or a full size sedan like a Crown victoria or grand Marquis. I didn't want to suffocate the subs. When I order them I'll buy some plans off somebody on the forum.

Sound wise I'm just going for overall good sound nothing crazy, I'm actually stepping down from two DC level four 12"s with level five coils off of two Elemental Designs Nine.1's strapped. I had them in a little Cavalier and it just tore the h@ll out of the trunk. Don't get me wrong I want to pound good still just toned down. I've done my homework and all my comparing and overall the Dcon's seem to be what i'm looking for. Also you don't see alot of SSA subs so its different than the usual. The price drop they just put on the Dcon's really takes the cake for me.

So you guys say roughly 3.5 cubes (give or take) on a trio of 10's with my wattage? I like the loooows too so what freq. would you recommend?

I would suggest 3.75ft^3 tuned @ 31hz. You will be more then happy with your results.

I put my DCON 10" in a 1.3ft^3 tuned to 33hz and it sounds great.

What kind coil config. would you guys recommend also? Being that I'll have a trio and get a funky final load should i get the dual four ohm for a 0.67 final load and count on box rise? I have the electricals to back it up. Or a dual two ohm for a 1.33 final load?

What kind coil config. would you guys recommend also? Being that I'll have a trio and get a funky final load should i get the dual four ohm for a 0.67 final load and count on box rise? I have the electricals to back it up. Or a dual two ohm for a 1.33 final load?

Personally I would go for the final ohm load of 1.33 ohms.