Sign in to follow this  
Kyleebbert

What is a Jumper Wire???????

I recently bought a hifionics brutus amp and the blue hifionics loogo works, but the power led does not come on. The manual said if this happens theirs not enough power going through the remote wire and said to use a jumper wire and connect it to the 12V+? Im not exactly sure what to do, and i def dont wanna take my chances and screw it up. Can someone tell me what to do?

Connect a wire from the positive on you're amp to the remote wire.

The only downside is that you're amp will be permanently on.

Connect a wire from the positive on you're amp to the remote wire.

The only downside is that you're amp will be permanently on.

I guess ill try that temporarily, could i just keep unpluggin the wire when my cars off? And this isnt going to mess up my amp and blow the fuses right?

No it won't blow the fuses. If you want a permanent solution, get a relay. Bosch makes the most common 12v one. Just go to radio shack, they're like 4 bucks or something. You install it on the remote wire along with a power and ground and it will increase the remote signal's power.

You could also just run another wire in parallel with the remote wire and put that on ea switch so you can turn it on and off when you want to, and your amp wont have to stay on all the time

I think the first thing you should do is try to figure out why the remote power wire is low on volts, that's the most important thing. If you can't find the problem or a solution right away the EASIEST way to fix it is to disconnect the remote wire from the remote lead on the HU and hook it up to the 12v switched wire (usually red on the HU harness) so that the amp(s) simply turn off and on with the key like the stereo does. Also, if when you do this there still isn't enough voltage to turn the amp on then your remote wire is bad.