acidbzero

10" Sub for truck

I currently have a 2005 F=150 Lariat super crew. Im finally have enough money to do what i want with it (thank you afghanistan, nah jk afghan sucks). So far i found the right box for my rear seat without removing the jack. Its a fox box and it has about .80 cubic ft. So i started to look around for a sub that can fit its dimensions. I really dont want to buy a shallow mount sub without listening to it first. Im still in afghan and im wanting to get this by the time i get home. The last sub i bought was a 12" FI Q with an elemental designs amp and that combo was amazing. Im hoping to try something just as good if not better.

HU: currently have a panasonic one but looking to buy a pioneer nav not sure which one.

Wiring: planning on buying knukonceptz install kit. or just have a local dealer do the install so i dont wreck my nice interior.

Amp: Sundown 1000d / Hifonics/ e-designs not sure until i pick a sub

Battery:optima yellow top

Box Specs: http://www.foxacoustics.com/ProductDetails.asp?ProductCode=F150-110-04

SINGLE 10" SEALED DOWNFIRE.

12" IS NOT AVAILABLE.

FITS ON DRIVER SIDE OF SEAT BRACE.

JACK CAN BE LEFT IN PLACE OR AMP CAN BE MOUNTED THERE.

INTERNAL AIR VOLUME: .8 TOTAL

SUB SIZE: 10"

HOLE SIZE: 9.125"

MOUNTING DEPTH: 6 1/8" WITH A 6 INCH DIAMETER MAGNET

CONNECTORS: 1 SCREW MOUNTED SPRING TERMINALS

FLOOR CLEARANCE: 1.5"

Possible subs:

Lethal Injection/D2

SSA DCON/D4

SSA ICON/D2

all of these are in budget range but im willing to look at any other subs that fall under 265 price range. I guess im going towards more to SPL side.

Clif notes:

Looking for one 10" sub under 265.

really the box? from what i read they're pretty good its one of the nicer boxes ive seen. the rest have been just regular mdf boxes some at supercrewsound.com , and music moose audio.

Make your own ;)

Make your own ;)

I second that, you can have Shizzzzon design you a box, have Homedepot cut the peices of wood for you (about 2.50) and then glue/screw it together.

I would make my own box but heres the problem the hardware stores around me run out or dont carry mdf or wont cut it or their saw is broken. it couldve changed im trying to find out if its still so. Its such a pain. its possible but i wont have the time to do it, i have so much training and classes to do as soon as i get back. ill have to look at it when i get back and decide what i want to do. not too sure.

as for headunit i think im going to go with a pioneer avic-x710bt

so any suggestions on the subs?

Look into an SSA through one of the box builders for the discount on the box, just a thought.

Look into an SSA through one of the box builders for the discount on the box, just a thought.

The enclosure + driver combo deals are very good. :)

And you won't get a piece of crap. They didn't even list any real specs on that box, or if so they were hidden so they were hard to find. Not going to make me recommend that, in fact the opposite. If that is the way they market I'd NEVER buy anything from them. Never.

I will have to go over the who box thing. I was looking through some of the links on here for boxes and it seems I AM A have to wait till i get home to take measurements and what not.

So what kind of 10" do ya'll recommend. Id love to have the icon but im not sure if id really do it justice. I love the specs on it but again not so sure if it;ll be right for me.

Well i listen to alternative rock, hip hop , techno/dance/, club beats. with my listening choices i think i need to find something balanced. I havent tried any of the subs listed but im open to everything.

I was just workin on a 2004 and the mounting depth for the back seat was 5 7/8" in the front and something like 4 1/2" in the back. I wasn't able to use any of the options listed because of that. Although i don't know if something changed for the '05 model?

Never skimp on an enclosure.

I'll do some more research for my enclosure. i might make my own, maybe go buy some power tools or something, I'm still shopping around for the best price on that HU and a sub also.

Heres an update! i called ssa from afghan and ordered the 10"icon with the sundown amp 1000d. Im pretty stoked and i hope itll be there before i get home so i can use my r and r time to install it and tinker with it. I also bought the pioneer x710 , knukonceptz 1/0 amp kit, a pac swi controller for the HU. Looks like I AM A have to borrow some power tools and make an enclosure.

Congrats on your purchase of some good equipment and hope its there for you to have some fun also on your time off :fing34:. Dont forget a build log filled with pictures.

Heres an update! i called ssa from afghan and ordered the 10"icon with the sundown amp 1000d. Im pretty stoked and i hope itll be there before i get home so i can use my r and r time to install it and tinker with it. I also bought the pioneer x710 , knukonceptz 1/0 amp kit, a pac swi controller for the HU. Looks like I AM A have to borrow some power tools and make an enclosure.

It was nice talking with you the other day. Congrats on your new setup.

Never skimp on an enclosure.

x2

The design/install/box *makes* your system..

Edited by BanginGMC

Well heres an update finally left afghan and now currently in Kyrgyzstan. Thats not the news though, fedex hates me because they have managed to turn a 1 week shipment into a 2 week debacle and it still hasnt been delievered, they keep saying no one was home my friends wife is there all day, cant reach them i left them 2 numbers , address wrong i just think they dont want to deliver. Everything else has had no no problem gettin there and it was all delivered by fedex. I am so sad. It looks like I AM A be home before my amp and sub.