ShagggDiesel

Wiring for 4 subwoofers

So i have a friend giving me 4 RF 12" punches tomorrow in a big sealed box. I'm wanting to put it in my car just to see how it sounds. I'm pretty sure the punches are 4 ohm DVCs. Anyone have a good diagram on how I should wire these for minimal impedance? It would be much appreciated. Also, if anyone is curious on how they perform, I will shoot a video and post it

on here.

I'm pretty sure the punches are 4 ohm DVCs. Anyone have a good diagram on how I should wire these for minimal impedance?

What do you mean "minimal impedance"? What impedance is your amplifier stable at?

As for wiring;

JL Audio - Car Audio Systems

I'm pretty sure the punches are 4 ohm DVCs. Anyone have a good diagram on how I should wire these for minimal impedance?

What do you mean "minimal impedance"? What impedance is your amplifier stable at?

As for wiring;

JL Audio - Car Audio Systems

sorry, my amp is 1 ohm stable. And I'd like to wire them as low as possible without it being below 1 ohm

lol, did you even click on the link Impious posted to you? It's all explained there.

look at the picture below the headline: "4 DVC drivers with Voice Coils in Series / Parallel"

You will then get 2 ohm to your amplifier.

lol, did you even click on the link Impious posted to you? It's all explained there.

look at the picture below the headline: "4 DVC drivers with Voice Coils in Series / Parallel"

You will then get 2 ohm to your amplifier.

yes I looked at it and it told me exactly what I needed. I was just answering his question. Didn't wanna be rude and ignore his

comment :P

Btw, thanks impious for the link.

So I got the subs, and turns out that they are 4 ohm SVC subwoofers.. So I can wire all of them to my amp to create a 1 ohm load :) correct? Four 4 ohm SVC's = 1 ohm? And how should I wire them to my amp? It's a 2 channel Memphis D Class

you know there is a thing called google you know.

for the subs, take a look here: JL Audio - Car Audio Systems

This is not the same link as Impious posted.

Exactly what amplifier do you have?

If you have the manual, then take a look inside, it should say how low impedance it can work with in bridged mode and in 2 channel mode.

Then you look at the link I posted above and check out what wire setup will give you the most power without using lower impedance then what the amplifier can handle in bridged / 2 channel mode.

If it's a D class and 1 ohm stable it's not two channel, at least I don't know of any that Memphis made. You're probably just seeing two outputs and think it's two channel, but those two outputs are wired in parallel internally. So really they are the same channel. They're just there for ease of wiring subs. Wire two subs in parallel to each output, that'll be easiest.