Sign in to follow this  
flakko

Bandpass

Hey all i was thinkin about doin a bandpass for my RL-p. would be an interesting project, having the bass ported directly into the cabin through my first aid kit hole. Mr. Coleman said it would be the best bet so i wont lose any of the bass in the trunk space (or something like that). What are yall opinions on that?

Aperiodic Bi-chamber :) Very basically is a main ported enclosure that has one port to the world, and another going into another enclosure 1/2 size of the main enclosure, that is then ported to the world. Want the main enclosure to be the largest enclosure that the subwoofer is recommended for.

many Impala owners port their boxes (ported, bandpass, ABC, whatever) through the rear deck

it is a very effective method to get bass into a car that is solidly constructed

Aperiodic Bi-chamber :) Very basically is a main ported enclosure that has one port to the world, and another going into another enclosure 1/2 size of the main enclosure, that is then ported to the world. Want the main enclosure to be the largest enclosure that the subwoofer is recommended for.

:blink: sounds freakishly hard to make...

Not as hard as you would think. Someone on sounddomain makes tons of them for 12's and sells them for 100 I think. He only makes one size though and if it works for the 12 you have then you could be good to go!

I can design one too, it is not anymore difficult than a ported box really.

do the specs of the RL-p loan it to be a good ABC driver? I know it is a great ported box driver, but ABC changes it a little,

I still want to do a TL or 1/4 wave for the RL-p its home is a standard 2.0 cube 27hz, but interested in trying something more advanced to let the SQ shine more

I would think the RL-p would sound like heaven in one. It would allow for a ton of low-end grunt, without sacrificing the bass up top (40-60Hz). SQL lovers dream really.

ABC's are a farcry from bandpass enclosures, ABC's are also incredibly easier then BP's.

BP's take a good bit of trial and error to keep the woofer from self destructing - then You have to get it to sound good (proper passband & output).

-Nick

I LOVE BANDPASS BOXES.....I SAY GO AHEAD AND PORT IT THRU YOUR ARMREST OR REARDECK.....IF U WANT A DESIGN PM ME......I'M GOOD AT THIS SORT OF DESIGN........IF U WANT I'LL DO A 6TH ORDER BANDPASS.....SO YOUR TUNING FREW WILL BE LOWER AND THE OUTPUT WILL BE SLIGHTLY HIGHER THAN A 4TH ORDER BP

I LOVE BANDPASS BOXES.....I SAY GO AHEAD AND PORT IT THRU YOUR ARMREST OR REARDECK.....IF U WANT A DESIGN PM ME......I'M GOOD AT THIS SORT OF DESIGN........IF U WANT I'LL DO A 6TH ORDER BANDPASS.....SO YOUR TUNING FREW WILL BE LOWER AND THE OUTPUT WILL BE SLIGHTLY HIGHER THAN A 4TH ORDER BP

i dunno man... you blew tons of subs... i dont trust you!!!

JK! :)

i got mine in a bp right now

www.decware.com

the deathbox -12 inch veresion,sounds killer at medium to higher volume levels,but im gettin old and im leaning towards lower listenig volumes with unsurpassed sq! the bandpass is accurate but i need an enclosure that is not! i need my enclosure to emphasise the real low end 20-30 hz? a bit,i hate tone controlls and boost of any kind.wanna leave the electronics 'flat' and have the enclosure cheat the lows a bit.............but for higher volume levels with an rl-p 12 i reccomend the deathbox highly..........