sundownz

New Product - SAZ-2500D - Coming Soon

I am going to make the official announcement now that we are sold out of new SAZ-2000Ds -- yes, I am in fact sold out... a few used ones remain but that is it.

To replace it I am developing an SAZ-2500D model. This is a new board tooling for Sundown and is ours in the USA exclusively just like the SAZ-3500D.

Just a HAIR larger than the SAZ-2000D and over 500 watts more power is expected from it.

I am excited about it -- more details will be available once I have the prototype in hand.

This evens out the amp line to 1500, 2500, 3500, and 4500 so there is not such a large gap from the 2000 to the 3500.

It is too early for ETAs or pricing... but I will do a pre-order once testing is completely.

Same build house as the SAZ amps now - just a new tooling !

I'll post new updates as they are available in this thread.

Sounds good, any idea on when a new series of subs is coming out?

Already happening... Z v.2 and NS v.2 are coming out -- need to handle that first :)

awesome.

kind of sucks for the people who just bought the SAZ-2000D :shrug:

awesome.

Why ? Still a good amp and still under warranty. I don't see any issue.

Already happening... Z v.2 and NS v.2 are coming out -- need to handle that first :)

Right, I read somewhere that you wanted to design a 1000rms sub and like a 300rms sub.

awesome.

kind of sucks for the people who just bought the SAZ-2000D shrug.gif

Still a great and very capable amp! Plus Sundown seems to hold there re-sale value!

Right, I read somewhere that you wanted to design a 1000rms sub and like a 300rms sub.

1000 and 400 respectively. Working on those projects too.

1000 and 400 respectively. Working on those projects too.

Sweet and that's a sexy looking board.

my opinion, the only products that are lacking, a subwoofer for more than 3000-4000 watts (for playing music), and some amplifier 7-10kw

My favorite aspect is that the size is barely increased... by going to the IRFP360LC output stage alot of room was saved vs. the IRF640 / 9640 design from the SAZ-2000D.

The output section = the SAZ-3000D in this amp, actually... so it's quite overbuilt.

a subwoofer for more than 3000-4000 watts (for playing music)

I think the Nightshade v.2 will work very well here :)

As for amplifier bigger than the SAZ-4500D... I don't expect anything like that in the next year.

awesome.

i know. no issue at all. it's just that it's like.. already replaced.

a subwoofer for more than 3000-4000 watts (for playing music)

I think the Nightshade v.2 will work very well here :)

As for amplifier bigger than the SAZ-4500D... I don't expect anything like that in the next year.

ok :D

maybe the next amplifier will do, bigger than the 4500, request for many more watts

example, instead of the "5500", skip directly to 6500 or more

I think better do so

:woot: guess im not selling my hifonics just yet...this would look great hooked up to 2 nightshades!

What's the output at 4ohms? Or don't know yet?

Well this throws a monkey wrench into future purchasing plans.:wacko:

awesome.

kind of sucks for the people who just bought the SAZ-2000D shrug.gif

NO issues with Sunbdown per say, its with us broke f0ckers buying them smile.gif and who plan on having say 4-6 SAZ-2000Ds, bought say 2 and were saving too buy 4+ more....

They now have three choices, buy some used/refurbed ones, buy mis matched ones (say 2 2000Ds 2-4 2500Ds) or start all over with same of new model....

Again not Sundowns fault... You have to do what right for Sundown, keep up with the customer demands and stay competitive (with offerings and price points)...

We shoulda got on the stick and bought them sooner... Every manufacture changes lines now and then...

It would have been nice to have more of a heads up that the 2000D was going E.O.S. and a potential date, so people would know to get'em while the gettings good... I probably would not have been able to buy the rest anyway and it may have been posted and I just did not see it...

Thats the way it goes... I will continue to look to Sundown as a prefered vendor of Amps and maybe subs...

Edited by smullen

Awesome sounds good!! I was just debating about getting a 2000 also!!! Would be great for 2 Icons, i guess a 1500 would be good still.