rmzsuzuki89

Good Marine Sub?

My dad is looking for a good sub for the boat. It will be in a cutout in the inner hull in the cabin area, so it will need to perform well in IB. I'm not too sure of the amount of moisture it will be exposed to, and I'm not sure if any of the actual marine subs will perform in IB.

Any suggestions?

make the effort on a 4th order bandpass !

Any non-paper cone sub will be fine. No reason to buy a marine driver.

Coated paper is okay, and I'd definitely choose rubber over foam for the surround.

If it is truly for IB, pick a driver suited for it...

Any non-paper cone sub will be fine. No reason to buy a marine driver.

Coated paper is okay, and I'd definitely choose rubber over foam for the surround.

If it is truly for IB, pick a driver suited for it...

This is the main focus of my search.

What about the motor, spiders, basket, and such?...I'm trying to talk him into letting me seal it so we don't need to worry about this.

cutout in the inner hull in the cabin area

That doesn't always mean IB. ;) Some more detail on the mounting location, boat type etc... would help. Tons of fun tricks you can play in boats :)

Are there size limitations?

Kinda, I think he is just wanting something small, simple, and good sounding.

cutout in the inner hull in the cabin area

That doesn't always mean IB. ;) Some more detail on the mounting location, boat type etc... would help. Tons of fun tricks you can play in boats :)

I'll get some more specifics whenever I'm at the boat....It is a 28' Pursuit. It's a fishing boat mainly. The sub will be in the cabin area, which is just a bathroom beneath the center console. I'm pretty the front and rear waves would be isolated from each other, I'll check on that when I'm there. I'm not 100% sure on the exact amount of room I have to work with, but I think I have a fair amount. At least for one 10", maybe 12".

Would you be willing to share some of these tricks when I get better info on where it will be going.:)

Seeing the actual install location and what is behind it would really help. Just as with a car picking the right driver requires a good understanding of the install location.

Seeing the actual install location and what is behind it would really help. Just as with a car picking the right driver requires a good understanding of the install location.

That's kinda what I figured. I'm gonna head over there with my camera today or tomorrow.

Take pictures from the front, back, side, and every possible angle and optio. Into the hull also helps. Bring some extra light as the flash regularly has a hard time illuminating under hulls.

Take pictures from the front, back, side, and every possible angle and optio. Into the hull also helps. Bring some extra light as the flash regularly has a hard time illuminating under hulls.

Alright, I'll get that tomorrow after class.