tripleb45

Tuning Question

boxforme.jpg

This is kind of how I want my box we will be adding some surprised but this is the basics of it.

Ok for the car audio techs. What is the specs to make this port tuned at 30hz-35hz

L ( ) W ( ) H ( )

I know my installer will know, but I just want to find out for myself. Oh yeah could you also let me know how you got your answer I want to learn as I go.

Need to know the size of the port opening.

That guy is short, haha.

What frequency do you want it tuned at, you gotta pick one between 30-35? What type of music do you listen to?

just wondering , but wouldn't you also need to know what size of speakers , and the specs of the sub to be able to tune it correctly ?

I calculated that box at 29.2 cubes just had to guess bc I don't know about wood thickness, bracing and sub disp. but if you make that port 3 ft wide 6in tall and 6.12 in long will give you a box tuned at 33 htz

someone plz check my results

Edited by 144dbFiBl15

just wondering , but wouldn't you also need to know what size of speakers , and the specs of the sub to be able to tune it correctly ?

18" BTLs

No. Tuning frequency depends on net box volume, port area, and port length. The sub doesn't matter at all except for its physical displacement, but most of the time if you just guess it's close enough to not matter.

I calculated that box at 29.2 cubes just had to guess bc I don't know about wood thickness, bracing and sub disp. but if you make that port 3 ft wide 6in tall and 6.12 in long will give you a box tuned at 33 htz

That looks right. But I'd use more than 216 sq. inches of port on four 18" BTLs. So if you make the port 45.5 x 7" tall it would need to be 16" long. about 25.5 cubes gross tuned to 33.

No. Tuning frequency depends on net box volume, port area, and port length. The sub doesn't matter at all except for its physical displacement, but most of the time if you just guess it's close enough to not matter.

oh ok well thanks for the clarification

if u plan on running close to 10kw, then i'd prefer you to use at least 350sqin, preferable 400-450sqin of port area.

Moved to an audio section since this isn't off topic.

Need to know the size of the port opening.

That guy is short, haha.

Don't know lol

What frequency do you want it tuned at, you gotta pick one between 30-35? What type of music do you listen to?

33-35 doesn't really matter

Thanks man

That looks right. But I'd use more than 216 sq. inches of port on four 18" BTLs. So if you make the port 45.5 x 7" tall it would need to be 16" long. about 25.5 cubes gross tuned to 33.

Ok thanks for this too

if u plan on running close to 10kw, then i'd prefer you to use at least 350sqin, preferable 400-450sqin of port area.

How would you do that?