I started this topic because I've seen some negative remarks around the internet about their products but not necessarily(sp) why. I personally own two Nine.1's and a Nine.4. I'm not trying to start anything in any way or any kind of fight or flaming, I just want to know why some people don't like them. I'm thinking of running new amps and I'm trying to decide if its worth it or keep what equipment i got. Personally I'm happy with them and thats what matters, but I just want to hear from other views.

Mods- like i said I'm not trying to cause any problems just looking for the stereo community's thoughts. I'm sorry if this post is against any rule and please delete or lock if it is.

Main reason for the negative on vD err I mean eD is the poor customer service and shady buisness practices. As far as the amps go .... shrug.gif . No experience with any of there products.

Really not sure about any problems with their amps. I think there is more to it, but their amps may be the exception to all that.

I am curious too and this would not be against any rules that I am aware of. Hopefully you will get some adult replies and no rocks. : )

As far as their customer service I do know that that is a joke but as far as my amps I think they are pretty d*mn reliable from my experience. Also they are rated at 1200 watts at 1 ohm on 12.8, so if you got a good electrical you should see 1400-1500 watts. I do hope that this thread stays adult. I'm not putting down nor saying their the best, just curious to see why they seem to get looked down on.

They are looked down upon because they treat their customers like garbage. I don't care if you do have the best amp in the world, if you treat me with any form of disrespect I'm not going to give you my money. It's common sense.

Ive never dealt with them personally but that seems like ludicrous business practices. To start a new business,great customer service is key to word of mouth advertising. I dont know how long theyve been around but it seems they have been doing this from the start. With that being said, how long will they last?

Now Im not bashing, simply stating what Ive heard of them. I only know of them because of that. Thats not good.:o

They started in 2001 FYI.

Their amplifiers are a decent product. The owner, however, is not a decent product.

Thanks for the replies and keeping this topic adult. that pretty much sums it up for me and i got the info i was looking for and from personal experience I too have had the customer service problems.

Their amplifiers are a decent product. The owner, however, is not a decent product.

Owned :santa:

And of course anytime there is a customer service problem, it stems from a product problem. Amusingly that gets overshadowed due to the fact that Ben is such a complete douche.

I had their Nine.1 for about 2 weeks and it went out. Called them up and they sent me another one out right away and that amp lasted until my car was sold 2 years later. I have no problem with them at all.

I had their Nine.1 for about 2 weeks and it went out. Called them up and they sent me another one out right away and that amp lasted until my car was sold 2 years later. I have no problem with them at all.

Wow, an exception to the rule. Surely doesn't help IMO.

I just ran across this topic. While I dont have any of their car audio products my home theater woofer is an ED. I ran across ED on the AVSForums and had great customer service/reviews there. I also had the back plate amp go out on my sub after about 6 months due to a design issue. They sent me out a new one even before I had a chance to send mine back. It was an updated part.

I have had great service with them via email and phone support.

Cheers

K

Think it depends if you know them all ready. Repeat business actually stems good customer service, and while that unfortunately cannot be a luxury for many people, it works for me. I have never had a problem so I can't comment on their CS from that standpoint, but I have heard my fair share of stories.