Sign in to follow this  
SpeakerBoy

Rockford Fosgate 40001bd

I was gonna post this in the off topic section, but it's slightly audio related, and i just wanted to ask because it seems ridiculous.

The RF 40001bd amp is supposed to be 4k rms at 1ohm, pretty sexy, whatever. If i recall it has ONE set of 1/0ga power and ground terminals. With a fuse rating of 500amps, and knowing that 1/0ga wire has a capacity of ~300amps doesn't that mean they failed? Off the top of my head, the Sundown 4500D has dual power and ground, and for what seems like a good reason. The only solution to this problem i see is to have your amp ridiculously close to your rear battery bank. Just me rambling on, thanks for comments.

Fail, I dont see why this would be a fail. There are other high wattage amplifiers with one power/ground input, does it mean it helps more I dont think so. Pretty much I think it is upgraded technology that is all, one day someone decided to put more power/ground inputs to help out with current and power getting to the amp faster since it takes big loads. Just my .02

You can always run 4/0 or whatever to the amp and use a step-down adapter, or just trim wires going into the amp.

The amp produces for sure... I am pretty sure 1/0ga can take 500 amps for 3 or 4 feet from the battery bank

1/0 is rated to 350 amps, it's not a fail but the Stetsom and SounDigital amps with one 1/0 connection claiming 14K at 13.8 volts are bullshit.

1/0 is rated to 350 amps, it's not a fail but the Stetsom and SounDigital amps with one 1/0 connection claiming 14K at 13.8 volts are bullshit.

x2

The amp produces for sure... I am pretty sure 1/0ga can take 500 amps for 3 or 4 feet from the battery bank

But that requires a tiny bit of extra thinking. Not rocket science, but for the dude who just barely read up, and uses ALL his wire just because it looks cool, he's screwed. But you're right, it could work.