I have a 2002 honda civic si and I just installed a 200amp alt. The sys is charging at 14 volts. The batt light, on the dash, stays on. I have a batt under the hood and 2 in the back. Any ideas?

Have you checked the voltage with a DMM immediately after the alternator and each battery?

More information would be my idea. What car, equipment, batteries being used, alternator being used? Did you call the people who gave you the alternator so they could troubleshoot you through anything if need be? That is what I would of did first.

2002 honda civic si, 200 amp alt exccessive amp, yellow top(under the hood), 2 deka batts(in the back), 0 gage knu koncept wire, 1 sundown sax 100.4, 2 sundown saz 2000ds, 2 sundown nightshades 12 d2s. I have checked with Nate @ excessive amp, and he is looking into it. I did check the volts after the alt and batts. Everything appears to be running fine. The sys shows charging @ 14volts. Thanks for the replies!

u might wana try it backwards .

what i mean is , your batt. light is kinda like a factory volt meter for your car .

so if you checked your batts and they are all good , check your light from the start..

check to see if the circuit for the light is fully connected and working properly.

see if any wires were missed being connected when the new alt. was installed .

I have this same issue with my Expedition. Its been like that for years. I have a HO alt but once I install the stock alt in the vehicle the light goes out so I'm guessing its something in the alt that causes the light to stay on but its charging so no sweat.

sometimes lights just go crazy...even if there is nothing wrong...it just senses a change that it doesnt know.

Could be a code you have that needs to be reset or bypassed also, take it to the dealership and see what they say. Usually when you change a factory setting or something that was factory and the light stays on then it can be the code needing to be updated.

sometimes lights just go crazy...even if there is nothing wrong...it just senses a change that it doesnt know.

x2, my coolant sensor comes on all the time when I get in the car and my coolant is filled and works fine so I need to take it to the dealership and let them check it out. Either it is a faulty sensor or or a code error.

Thanks for the response! I will take my car to the dealership to have the code checked. Once again, thanks!

The book says the codes on 95 and newer hondas need an OBD ll scan tool or factory PGM tester. that sucks, the older ones only required a jumper wire installed and the check engine light blinked out the codes like morse code.

If the light is an amplimeter, and not voltmeter, the amps could be out of the lights exceptable range scale.

Edited by j-roadtatts