Lifted07Duramax

Should I get an RF T1 12" for this price?

I have the chance to buy a brand new rockford T1 12" for $180 each or should I go with some RE SEx 12" for $160 each?

Im running a sundown 1200d v2 to them so its gotta be able to handle the power.

I just want a sub thats going to work good in 1cu ft sealed. hard hitting is key

I'd pass on the RE's, since US Amps took over they aren't anything special. Then again neither are the T1's.

$180 each, so does that mean you are going to get a pair?

if so then save up and do some research on this forum about other subs you could include in the picture

$180 each, so does that mean you are going to get a pair?

if so then save up and do some research on this forum about other subs you could include in the picture

A sundown SA12?

DC lvl 3?

What type of music do you listen to, and what's your budget?

What type of music do you listen to, and what's your budget?

I listen to just about everything so it needs to be an all purpose sub. My budget? Id like to keep it $200 or less. Then in 6 months I can upgrade to say 2 BLs

If I were in your shoes, I would save for a while longer and buy 1 BL (knowing you want two in the future). Buy the d1 coil option and run it at 2 ohms for now. Upgrade to your 2nd BL down the line. But that's just logical thinking.

X2 Save and get a BL (or another very good sub).

If you take a D2 and a good box, maybe you won't need to upgrade so quickly !

I'm sure you can find a good used sub from the ssa members.

I think there is a sale going on the Sundown Z, take a look. I don't know if that will suit your needs.

If I were in your shoes, I would save for a while longer and buy 1 BL (knowing you want two in the future). Buy the d1 coil option and run it at 2 ohms for now. Upgrade to your 2nd BL down the line. But that's just logical thinking.

Well the box is built so each sub has its own chamber so I can run 1 sub for now but Id like to add a 2nd one for the time being. Then upgrade to 2 BLs for my bday in July

Im impatient lol

I know REs arent as good as they used to be, but if I can pick up an SEx for $160 shipped maybe I should just go with that and then sell it when Im ready for the BL?

Unless any of you can think of another sub thats close to that price that I can snatch up

It would not look cool to run just one sub !!

Take a look at the ssa dcon; maybe you can have 2 of them. I've never listened to them, but they have great reviews. And ssa products are sooo goooood!

It would not look cool to run just one sub !!

Take a look at the ssa dcon; maybe you can have 2 of them. I've never listened to them, but they have great reviews. And ssa products are sooo goooood!

Its a downfire box, no one is going to know what it LOOKS like. And I COULD run 2 mis matched subs.

I only have 7.5 of depth so a DCON is out

Im thinking Fi SSD

Sorry I was thinking XCON, the dcon is the bottom line sub right? I dont know if 2 of them could handle the sundown 1200d v2

Edited by Lifted07Duramax

No ones saying you have to use the full 1200watts either...

That brings up a good question. If I have the gain set at like 40% does that mean Im not even coming close to that 1200w?

That brings up a good question. If I have the gain set at like 40% does that mean Im not even coming close to that 1200w?

Actually it means your gain isn't set correctly :)

Actually, from what I hear the DCONs are pretty durable little bump-fiends...

How big is the box? As long as the enclosure isn't too big, they should handle the power if you watch the volume and gain knobs

Wait a tick, I see 1 cuft per sub sealed.

They'd be fine

Edited by Don Ganso

Actually it means your gain isn't set correctly :)

I read the thread about how to set your gain. But is there a happy medium where I can usually set it without having to get a volt meter

No there really is no happy medium where you can set it without a volt meter unless you got a magic ear, use your ear or keep it all the way down till you can set it right.

you dont per say need a volt meter just dont go crazy lol, and a volt meter is still off a bit, an o scope is is the only true way to set gains perfectly, but those are a pretty penny to lol*** and dont worry if you are getting 1200w, your not, but thats ok just make sure your not sending a clipped signal

Edited by tyoung515

Here's a question I have. Why couldn't he plug like 500 watts into the little formula for setting the gains. Wouldn't that yield the voltage at which he would only be putting out 500 watts?

Here's a question I have. Why couldn't he plug like 500 watts into the little formula for setting the gains. Wouldn't that yield the voltage at which he would only be putting out 500 watts?

No one has said yet if Im mutliplying by 4 or what because of the dual 4ohm VCs or do I times by 1 because thats the overall ohm load I will be at when I bridged the subs?

You go by the overall ohm load, not what each speakers voice coil rating is. So go by 1 ohm

not if he is putting them in that sealed box...

Edited by watts09

Well the box is built so each sub has its own chamber so I can run 1 sub for now but Id like to add a 2nd one for the time being. Then upgrade to 2 BLs for my bday in July

Im impatient lol

I know REs arent as good as they used to be, but if I can pick up an SEx for $160 shipped maybe I should just go with that and then sell it when Im ready for the BL?

Unless any of you can think of another sub thats close to that price that I can snatch up

i would just wait and get what you really want a little bit later. buy once and do it right the first time. saves you a lot of money in the long run :drink40:

Ta-da! That would mean you should set your gain to 22.36 :)

Ta-da! That would mean you should set your gain to 22.36 :)

you guys are kidding around right????

do you know his decks output voltage, did you meter his decks output voltage. do you know how much impedance rise he is getting. do you also know his voltage and his electrical system.