Sign in to follow this  
shakes

2000 watts RMS at 2 ohms

I'm looking for a 2000 watt amp to run my Sundown Z15's. Since only d2's were left I'll be running a 2 ohm load. I'm looking to spend under $500 and so far the only amp I'm finding to fit what I'm looking for is the Alpine MRP-2000. I've considered spending a little more and getting a 1 ohm stable amp but run it at 2 ohm in case I decide to upgrade, although at this point I really don't intend to since I have other hobbies that I'd rather waste my money on.

Any other suggestions/feedback on Alpine amps? I'm not up to speed with Alpine since the only thing I own from Alpine is an early 90's model. Also, any other brands I should be looking into?

Thanks for looking.

You could run one amp to each sub.

Audiopipe puts out good power at 2ohm.

Others are older RF, Kicker, just depends on your budget really.

YOu have lots of options.

I've had trouble finding info on Audiopipe. I'm always a little leery of older amps and they're not as readily available all the time.

Why not do two SAZ-1000D's strapped?

I agree, it may be your best interest to buy two amps, that run at 1 ohm. It will suck that you have 2 amps, but it will be the cheaper option, and in case 1 breaks you can always run the 1 amp while its getting fixed etc...

Correct me if I'm wrong but if each amp sees 1 ohm wouldn't that be a nominal .5 ohm load?

At least I believe that's the way it was explained to me.

Correct me if I'm wrong but if each amp sees 1 ohm wouldn't that be a nominal .5 ohm load?

At least I believe that's the way it was explained to me.

Naw it will go up in ohm load, it only goes down when dealing with speakers and wiring in parallel.

no.... you have two dual 2 subs, that makes for a total 2 ohm load series/parallelled. If the amps are strapped to a 2 ohm load (the recommended lowest load) then each amp will see 1 ohm. Plain and simple, like bridging an amp, each channel see's half the nominal load.

^

Thats a good idea too.

Search for AP-3001D

1000w @ 4

2000w @ 2

3000w @ 1

$300 +/- $20

The price on the Audiopipe has piqued my intrigue while still maintaining some upgrade-ability.

I didn't think the AP 3001D was 1 ohm stable x 1. I've always read it's 2000wrms x 1 into 2ohms OR 1500wrms x 2 into 1 ohm.

Though I'm probably wrong.

the audio pipe 3000 isn't 1ohm stable. it is basically 2 1500 inside one big ass case!

so 3000rms at 2ohm. my buddy has 2 of those AP 3000 and he has shown me the manual where it states it!

the audio pipe 3000 isn't 1ohm stable. it is basically 2 1500 inside one big ass case!

so 3000rms at 2ohm. my buddy has 2 of those AP 3000 and he has shown me the manual where it states it!

Doesnt it do 1500w x 2 @ 1ohm or 3000w x 1 2 ohm bridged?

I got these specs right from the audiopipe web page.

AudioPipe-Catalog-2008-pg21.jpg

Not saying I am right, but that is what I read. I know someone in here has one, maybe he will chime in too.

OP if I am wrong and misled you, that was not my intent.

Thanks for the suggestions. I suppose I'll keep an eye on db-r for some refurbed Sundowns.