Sign in to follow this  
Louisr

Incriminator DP 21

I recently got a dual 2 ohm 21" Incriminator Audio Death Penalty. I'm using a MmatsD200hc which puts out 1400 rms at 1 ohm. My box is ported and the specs are (minus sub displacement) 7.8 Cubes and tunes to 32hz. My gain was up about 3/4 and it started clicking on and off so i turned it down to 1/2 and it stopped. After that I fried it in about ten minutes. My recone just came in today. Can anyone tell me what went wrong?

It sounds like your amplifier settings weren't adjusted properly, it could be a number of things though.

Judging by what you said about the gain, you didn't set it properly.

Where you using bass boost on amp or head unit? What did your electrical consist off? Need more information buddy.

Bass boost was at 0. I have a red top up front and a yellow top in my trunk running around 14 volts. There's only 2 knobs on my amp since its an old school Mmats, gain and cross.

Welcome dude.

Hard to say exactly but your amp doesnt have a subsonic filter? Or is it fixed?

You need to check the DC voltage @ the terminals on the amplifier with a DMM, it sounds like a voltage drop issue the way it was clicking on and off until you turned the gain down to 1/2, we have seen volt meters in cars read fine or even at the main battery with a DMM and the voltage @ the amplifier be less than 10v, particularly when using secondary batteries that aren't charging correctly.

sounds like you clipped the shit out of the sub.....

sounds like you clipped the shit out of the sub.....

ya what everyone else is sayin.... get a 20.1 to run **** bish.... and another yellow top and a ho alt.