zaco2356

raising my db's

That is the measure without the port, subs or bracing displacement if any. Then when you find the volume of your port you subtract it from that number and that will give you the box volume.

That is the measure without the port, subs or bracing displacement if any. Then when you find the volume of your port you subtract it from that number and that will give you the box volume.

so my box is not 4.00cu/ft is less than that right?

Yeah it is some ft^3 less than 4ft^3, how long is your port and what is the displacement of the subwoofer? Is there any bracing inside the enclosure?

Yeah it is some ft^3 less than 4ft^3, how long is your port and what is the displacement of the subwoofer? Is there any bracing inside the enclosure?

long of port 9" no bracing woofer disp 0.21ft

Before even calculating your port volume your already down to 3.798ft^3 of volume after sub displacement.

Before even calculating your port volume your already down to 3.798ft^3 of volume.

I THINK I GOT AROUND 3.54CU/FT YOU THINK THAT A BIGGER BOX WILL DO BETTER JOB OR MORE DB'S

Edited by zaco2356

Before even calculating your port volume your already down to 3.798ft^3 of volume.

I THINK I GOT AROUND 3.54CU/FT YOU THINK THAT A BIGGER BOX WILL DO BETTER JOB OR MORE DB'S

1) Stop yelling or die.

2) A larger enclosure increases efficiency, making more pressure with less power input. You also take the risk of mechanical failure.

1) Stop yelling or die.

2) A larger enclosure increases efficiency, making more pressure with less power input. You also take the risk of mechanical failure.

question, if larger = less power require does MORE power = less cubics?

sorry if that is a dumb question if it is i WILL DIE lol ;)

Yeah usually you want to build your enclosure smaller if your throwing tons of power at it.

1) Stop yelling or die.

question, if larger = less power require does MORE power = less cubics?

sorry if that is a dumb question if it is i WILL DIE lol ;)

Generally with less air volume it will take more power input to achieve the same volume.

WELL I'M SELLING MY SAZ-1000D TO GET A SAZ-1500D HOPE THIS GAIN A FEW DB'S

well to get a +3db you need double the power or double the cone area in theory... but practically with double the power you gain around 2db's and yes THIS depends on the setup, the box, and what not! so with adding another 500rms (ideally) you could expect 0.5-1db increase~~

although threads like this like to prove the theory of double the cone = 3db's!

Testing all the SAZ amps - SSA Car Audio Forum

Stop yelling, and only tenths. Turn your caps look off when you type a post, type like your writing a real sentence (part of the rules you agreed to when you joined the forum).

TWAT DID YOU SAY? WE CUN'T HEAR YOU!

When posting don't leave the caps lock on. trink40.gif

lol you CUN'T hear him lol and by cunt you mean CAN'T right lol!!

lol you CUN'T hear him lol and by cunt you mean CAN'T right lol!!

Did I use a U! My bad! santa.gif

i was running 2 12'' nightshades and 2 1500s with 4 school bus batterys in the back of my explorer where i won MECA s2 in 08 doing a 152.. i was using a 3rd generation explorer.. im not saying its the same withe every vehicle but you may want to try sub up port back and invest in some aero ports for ease of tuning and mount them externally if you have room.... PRECISION PORT from Parts Express ship same day and come with 45 day money back guarantee. Free Shipping Available. Order free 10,000 product catalog. i highly recoment investing in aero ports...

Perhaps you didn't read my post, I'll say it again for you.

...Stop yelling or die...

well my amp arive, now i have a saz-1500d let see if my db's go up with a stronger amp

Lets see some results, any more db's? :peepwall:

well i have to wait for the next show here so until then !!!!

finally some increase with the 1500d my last score was 145.2db with the saz-1000d, now with the 1500d the num went up 1.3db = 146.5db just using 1 15 d1, stock alt, a 525cca batt in the front and a 1000cca batt in the back, i think is a good num with the poor electrical current i got, but i was hopping to do 147.0db....i will keep trying.

That was a nice increase! Congrats!

That was a nice increase! Congrats!

thanks man, if i do 147db i will be more than happy, well i will keep working on it until i see the # i want