zaco2356

raising my db's

hi there, i got a saz-1000d with 1 15" re xxx with FI d1 recone i recently hit 145.2db, i got stock alternator a 525cca engine batt and 750cca back in the trunk and my ported box is 4.0cu/ft what else can i do to raise more db's with the same amp cause i saw in this forum this amp can hit 146.8, so can you help me out with some tips to get my goal thanks, sundown rules

Edited by zaco2356

umm first you need a sundown woofer! lol!!

how about some deadening? bigger amp?

what is your budget? also what vehicle are you using? h/o??

Test, test, test!

One more thing, test!

hi there, i got a saz-1000d with 1 15" re xxx with FI d1 recone i recently hit 145.2db, i got stock alternator a 525cca engine batt and 750cca back in the trunk and my ported box is 4.0cu/ft what else can i do to raise more db's with the same amp cause i saw in this forum this amp can hit 146.8, so can you help me out with some tips to get my goal thanks, sundown rules

FIRST of all the amp itself has NOTHING directly to do with the number of DB's you can get. The amount of SPL you achieve has more to do with the driver, enclosure and their installation in relationship to the acoustics of the vehicle than the power you run. To say you saw in this forum that AMP CAN HIT XXX.X DB's is worthless to say. Now, if you're looking to get louder it's possible a re-tune of the port may help, moving the enclosure (not always possible) is another way to increase spl. Put a volt meter on the amp and watch your voltage, if it's dipping very much you may need to rethink your electrical.

What we need is this: 1. Tuning of your enclosure. 2. Type of vehicle. 3. Placement in said vehicle. 4. Port/Driver relationship. (i.e. Sub up, port up; sub forward, port forward)

This kind of info can help us figure out what your setup really is and what ways that we've seen, used, heard of to improve numbers in your situation. Also, where did your enclosure come from? Is it a pre-fab, you built it, professionally built? There's more reasons than you can fathom as to why numbers go up or down in any given setup.

thanks for the quik answer well the tuning of the enclosure is 50hz i got a grand vitara 2004 when i hit my biggest num. the sub was facing foward with the port to the left side of the enclosure and the box was made by me and a friend of mine and about the volt when i hit my best num drop 14.3 to 12.3

Thats A Big Drop In your electrical :ehh:

Wow, if your box is tuned to 50hz, that must sound horrible daily.

i just used that box only for spl, the first i got a 4.00cu/ft tuned to 40hz and for daily use sound great but when i went to a competition i just did 143.2db now with this box tuned to 50hz i hit 145.2.

What else have you tried?

What else have you tried?

nothing else just hit 145+ in last show, i 'm just waiting for the next show but i want to do something to increase my score that why i asking fror some tips or ideas my goal is hit 146+

How did you decide to do 50hz?

Some background would really help....

How did you decide to do 50hz?

Some background would really help....

well a friend of mine have a GV also and he told me that my GV and his was 56hz resonanse freq cause he hit more db's at that freq

Have you found your vehicle's resonant frequency yet?

nop i just tuned the box at 50hz cause a friend of my told me that grand vitara are 56hz resonant

Edited by zaco2356

nop i just tuned the box at 50hz cause a friend of my told me that grand vitara are 56hz resonant

You should be tuning to 56 Hz then.

i always though you tune LOWER then your cars RE (resonant frequency) and tune lower by about 4-6hz~~ good to knwo thanks for the heads up!

i always though you tune LOWER then your cars RE (resonant frequency) and tune lower by about 4-6hz~~ good to knwo thanks for the heads up!

It depends, there is no way to find out till you test.

I was taught to tune 10hz lower than the car's res. freq.. However, every car is going to be different. Even if your friend has the same car, same year, same everything, it will still be a little different than his. Could be lower or higher a couple hz.

Now, since your box is tuned to 50hz, did you actually use a 50hz tone? Did you try any higher frequencies? Get somebody with a termlab, set the system up the exact way you had it when you hit your highest number, and put the system on a sweep. When the sweep is done look at the termlab screen to see what frequency it peaks at. You can go from there.

145 is not a bad score actually.

Derrick usually goes 9 Hz under tuning.

My Jeep acts differently depending on box, though... my dual 8" SPL box was tuned above resonant peak to be the loudest. I think that had more to do with port phase than tuning, though, as it was subs forward / port back.

No. But you shouldn't go by what your friend told you. Time to experiment.

sorry to thread jack but i got a quick question. lets say i have a ported box in my car already and i wnat to find my car's Resonant Frequency(RF) so would i simple cover up the port then do a sweep on the TL and see what my car peaks at?

currently my box is tuned to 34hz and and i have been told my cars RF is around 42-45hz~ . I know i need to test this out to find my cars actual RF so when i build my next box i have an idea of what to tune to.

extra info on the next setup:

2-15inch NS v1

2-saz2000(potentially 2500)

2-nsb 90's

1-h/o

big 3

95 grand-am

net cubics = 6.1~

tuned to 39-40hz (depending on my RF>?)

sound deadener

false floor (if i have the space)

down firing subs

all equipment is purchased and i am currently waiting on time off and nicer weather to do this build! lol (i am curretnly full time college)!

I was taught to tune 10hz lower than the car's res. freq.. However, every car is going to be different. Even if your friend has the same car, same year, same everything, it will still be a little different than his. Could be lower or higher a couple hz.

Now, since your box is tuned to 50hz, did you actually use a 50hz tone? Did you try any higher frequencies? Get somebody with a termlab, set the system up the exact way you had it when you hit your highest number, and put the system on a sweep. When the sweep is done look at the termlab screen to see what frequency it peaks at. You can go from there.

145 is not a bad score actually.

when i hit my higher num it was at 54hz tone

i think my box is not 4.00cu/ft cause i saw some desing in this forum and those desing have 4.00cu/ft but are more bigger than mine, this are my box measure

width - 24.5" heigth - 19.75" deph - 18" thicknees - 3/4" those measure include the ported hole that are 3" height, what webpage is good to calculate the internal volumen ?

Edited by zaco2356

i think my box is not 4.00cu/ft cause i saw some desing in this forum and those desing have 4.00cu/ft but are more bigger than mine, this are my box measure

width - 24.5" heigth - 19.75" deph - 18" thicknees - 3/4" ported - 3" x 16.5", what webpage is good to calculate the internal volumen ?

If 24.5" x 19.75" x 18" are your outside dimensions, then your volume before displacement (sub, bracing and port area) is 4.00803ft^3.

23 x 18.25 x 16.5 = 6925.875in^3/1728 = 4.00803 ft^3

width - 24.5" heigth - 19.75" deph - 18" thicknees - 3/4" ported - 3" x 16.5", what webpage is good to calculate the internal volumen ?

If 24.5" x 19.75" x 18" are your outside dimensions, then your volume before displacement (sub, bracing and port area) is 4.00803ft^3.

23 x 18.25 x 16.5 = 6925.875in^3/1728 = 4.00803 ft^3

you saying that my measure is 4.00cu/ft without the port area? cause those measure are with the port