zaco2356

raising my db's

you can get huge gains depending on the box you build.... try sub up, port back...... try a bigger port area. try it alll

you can get huge gains depending on the box you build.... try sub up, port back...... try a bigger port area. try it alll

i was thinking of that making the port of the box bigger, now my box has a 3" port hole, making the port hole bigger will help me out?

well this is my box chek it out the port do think if i make the hole bigger will help me out gain som db's?

Image0402.jpg

Image0397.jpg

Image0404.jpg

Image0398.jpg

i got some pvc 6'' aero ports i can get for u .................... but with more batts i think u can get better score ............

someone told me to make a 1.3 or 1.7cu/ft box , use 6" aero port and tuned to 62 or 63hz, and that wil gain me up abput 3+dbs, but i think 1.3 or 1.7 is to small and 62 or 63hz is to high but i don't know, right now my box is 3.5cu/ft tuned 50hz slotport and i hit 146.5db, i don't know what to do

for starters what is your cars RESONANT frequency? and are you a ONE NOTE wonder?

personal opinion ditch the slot port box and pick up a 6'' aero.. about 35$ .. is much easier to play with tuning and port placement..

6" port is too small for a single 15. Go for 2 or even 3, IMO. Agreed that it's easier to test and tune with an external aero.

Too bad you are so far away. I'd send you a pair of 8 inch flares :(

Personally, for the xxx I'd build bigger boxes. 4+ cubes in your case.

My personal best with an xxx 18 was 147.9dB, 6cf and 12 inch aero. Couldn't fit a bigger box and have it work right in the car.

well i got new result i make a doble baffler and the port bigger, it was 3" before and now is 4" i gain 0.7db more, my new # is 147.2db's .