ok, i did a 143.9 w/ my 2 15's. and i'm wanting to redo the box to try for louder. i'm putting about 750-800 to them a piece. do you think i could get 1 15 w/ 1600w louder than the 2? or would i be better off sticking w/ the 2?

So your saying go wt 2?

lol, of course, of course

keep both subs, and tune the box higher, if you could come up with some more current and maybe run 2 amps that will put you up higher

keep both subs, and tune the box higher, if you could come up with some more current and maybe run 2 amps that will put you up higher

ya i tried slugging the box before i went, but i couldn't find anything to take up enough room, to really make a difference. so i got in there w/ a tire iron and ripped out about 6-7" port. hoping that the little bit of calculation i did in my head was right. i was at 6ft@31Hz so i guessed at 6.5ft. but i ploted the impedance afterwards to get a tuning of 34-36Hz. i plan on redoing the box w/ more port tuned higher. and a second battery. i do wanna get a second ega1400d... :o

ya i tried slugging the box before i went, but i couldn't find anything to take up enough room, to really make a difference. so i got in there w/ a tire iron and ripped out about 6-7" port. hoping that the little bit of calculation i did in my head was right. i was at 6ft@31Hz so i guessed at 6.5ft. but i ploted the impedance afterwards to get a tuning of 34-36Hz. i plan on redoing the box w/ more port tuned higher. and a second battery. i do wanna get a second ega1400d... :o

around 35Hz should give you a good jump on the TL over 27Hz...what was your peak frequincy with the 143?

around 35Hz should give you a good jump on the TL over 27Hz...what was your peak frequincy with the 143?

my bad i should of said :( i'm running 6.5ft @ ~34-36Hz sorry

ive been doing some thinking...i looked at the soundstream site the other day and they got new specs. instead of 3.3ft like it was the other day it says 2ft... my questions is doesn't a smaller box yield a bigger "hump" in freq. response? so for instance a 4ft box @ 40Hz will theoretically be louder than say a 6ft box @ 40Hz???

no...in theory, same power, the 6ft^3 box will be louder due to the increased "effiency" offered by the larger volume..in other words, it'll let the suspension max out easier then the smaller box will.

the small box will allow u to throw more power at the subs and overcome the large box "effiency". in that way, the small box will be louder and in theory have a "tighter" response for the transients, and be less apt to be "boomy"(because of the smaller volume)

wheeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee :slayer:

also, when u ripped out port, u not only changed tuning that way, but u increased internal volume..which changes tuning as well....

so shortening the port raise tuning...BUT..increasing volume lowers tuning.....

hell, u might not of changed tuning too awful much....

wheeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee :slayer:

also, when u ripped out port, u not only changed tuning that way, but u increased internal volume..which changes tuning as well....

so shortening the port raise tuning...BUT..increasing volume lowers tuning.....

hell, u might not of changed tuning too awful much....

wheeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee :slayer:

i've got into the habit of doing an imp graph for each box (or change to a box) so i know tuning was 31 before i started and 36 when i finished;)

so the 4 ft would only be louder if i put more power to it???

in theory, yes...

in application...who knows?? vehicle, subs, placement will all have an impact on which is the louder box...

in theory, yes...

in application...who knows?? vehicle, subs, placement will all have an impact on which is the louder box...

so what your saying is in application (even though theory says no) the 4ft box "could" be louder w/ the same power. it's all just try it out and see how it does?

With smaller box your impendance will be lower and so you will get more power from your amp/s. Try to make bigger port. Rise tuning freq. a little bit higher. Dont forget on battery. Don't put any damping material in box and make inside of your box as smooth as you can (paint it with color or Top coat or Gel coat)

With smaller box your impendance will be lower and so you will get more power from your amp/s. Try to make bigger port. Rise tuning freq. a little bit higher. Dont forget on battery. Don't put any damping material in box and make inside of your box as smooth as you can (paint it with color or Top coat or Gel coat)

i've read two outa ur three posts so far....

i'm starting to like u...lol...

thanks for the info so far...keep up dishing out the knowledge... :fing34:

wheeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee :slayer: