kkylet808

getting rid of a kicker L7 10" in favor of a FI. any advice?

Hi. I'm kyle.

I got a kicker L7 10" with about 500RMS AMP.

I looking to get a FI as a replacement. What do you think would be a good equivalent? Or louder with good SQ?

I'm going to buy a amp with 1000watt RMS. Which series would be a good consideration? I don't wanna go too expensive either. Haven't heard any of em in person so I have no idea. Can u guys help?

Thanks.

what was wrong with the L7?

Give us more info and don't use the phrase SQ.

They have a lot of excellent drivers but it really matters more on what you are looking for. Im guessing louder.

X2 with M5. What is wrong with it? Those can get loud in the right enclosure. Just isnt too musical from what I remember.

I think I'm clipping the L7 wit my amp. And the sub is getting very hot and stinky. But that's a different story. I wanna try something new and I heard FI's are one of the best out there. I'm going to invest in a 1000watt rms amp if I buy one. I was looking for a sub that hit way harder than my 10L7 with good sound quality. Maybe ssd or Q??

And also would sticking a IB3 in a large box be totally not worth it? Since they r cheaper?

They have a lot of excellent drivers but it really matters more on what you are looking for. Im guessing louder.

X2 with M5. What is wrong with it? Those can get loud in the right enclosure. Just isnt too musical from what I remember.

They can be musical as well. Again enclosure.

I think I'm clipping the L7 wit my amp. And the sub is getting very hot and stinky. But that's a different story. I wanna try something new and I heard FI's are one of the best out there. I'm going to invest in a 1000watt rms amp if I buy one. I was looking for a sub that hit way harder than my 10L7 with good sound quality. Maybe ssd or Q??

And also would sticking a IB3 in a large box be totally not worth it? Since they r cheaper?

Seriously. I just asked you NOT to use SQ. You don't give a flying fuck about it. It is EXACTLY the opposite of HIT HARDER. Read the T&C's again (there are links in my sig) and give us something to go on. It isn't about the driver, but about the integration and package and you have given us NO information. 1000w and hit hard ain't shit to go on.

If you want to switch it up and get a 1000 watt amp then I would suggest a SSD, since your already clipping your L7 with 500 watts and will probably do the same thing if you get a Q or BL. An SSD in the right enclosure will sound better and be louder than a L7 usually but will come down to install. Just make sure you dont clip your future setup at all since that is not good for the amp and subwoofer. If your not ready to step up to a bigger install then I do suggest that you build another box for your L7 (what size box is it in and tuning frequency if it is ported)?

They can be musical as well. Again enclosure.

Well mine must have been a fart box because there wasnt squat for lows. The box must have been designed by a shop next to the guy I bought it from. Ive seen others that were far from my experience though. Still have the 12" L7 in the garage!:drink40:

To the OP, it sounds like you are a BL or BTL person. Have you seen the SSA drivers?

Was just looking for advice geez. Idk a lot about it. I just was wondering what would be as loud or louder than my L7 but can still have a nice amount of quality to it. I'm using a kicker enclosure for trucks. Basically the stock enclosure wit the kicker symbol on it for L7's. A Q is loud but very lcear suposedly?

And you didn't re-read what I asked you to. DON'T POST again until you do. Your thread is full of fail and it could net you the answer you need very quickly, you just have to ask a question we can answer. That requires information though.

Perhaps sharing your budget might have been logical...along with other info. Really hard to spoon feed you if you don't actually give us anything to go on.

my man this is wats he is asking: Budget ... Car/truck... current box...music you listen to... what you want to improve(output, sq). not just get louder than an 10 L7.

The 10 L7 should be in a better built enclosure than a prefab. It can't breathe properly. Tuning the box is very important too. I never could get my subs to sound right until I cut my wall.Just tryin to save you a few dollars maybe. Just a suggestion.

Edited by Cablguy184

dude, you can pretty much buy any sub from this site and be more then happy. just get a custom box built or build it your self if possible. i had a 12" L7 and i thought it was great, now id say there pretty much dodo.

You might want to read the article on setting gains and try to understand clipping. You may be simply over powering your sub with a good clean signal, but you may be pushing your amplifier into clipping which is dangerous for all of your equipment.

You'll probably be satisfied with any of the Fi woofers in a ported box.