Sign in to follow this  
ssh

not enough power?

okay so my 1997 jeep wrangler's stock alt produces 90amps. Im looking into buying two sundown sa-12's, feeding each 600watts at 1ohm.

So my question is will my stock alt suffice?

we can't answer this question for you, the only way is for you to get a volt meter and keep an eye on it

Your alternator should be plenty sufficient. Hook everything up the correct way and turn it up to where you will listen to it at. Use a meter to monitor your voltage at your amplifier and at your battery. If you have a voltage drop evident by the meter, or dimming lights I would suggest you do the big 3. Your next step, if there is issues, is to upgrade your battery. That should be all you need when dealing with the power you are.

It would depend on your batt, with a Kinetik HC1800 on a stock 85 amp alt, my sae-1200 did pretty good and didnt have much dimming in my truck.

alright thanks guys for the fast response. Once I get the new amp and subs in, i'll test the voltage and see how much it drops and go from there.

big 3?

Is that a question? If so, refer to my previous post on a "how to."

I have not done the big 3 yet, but I will when I order the subs =)

grab one of these these up. nice to look at and you are ALWAYS watching the voltage.