DaberAudio

Hello Everyone!

Hey guys - I wanted to take just a second and say hi and tell you a little about me, Daber Audio, and planned future products.

I'm an audio junkie, drag racing fan, father of two, married, guy from central Illinois. When I was a little kid (probably about two years old) my dad had an Pionner/Technics/Marantz home stereo set up. I loved to sit and watch the equalizer (digital display) and thought the lines moving up and down were stick people dancing. I then figured out there was a correloation between what sound was being played and which "stick people" danced. So there it began, the obsession. As I got a little older I started getting in to home hifi, then a natural progression to car audio at around age 14. Since then I have continued to try to learn as much as I can, build as much as I can, and more so than anything, enjoy the hobby.

Daber Audio was actually conceptualized back in early 2006. At that time I had been on the search for a good home audio subwoofer. I've owned, built, and installed more subwoofer boxes in cars than I can put a number on. I knew how subs worked, knew what a good box was etc. In my search for a real, accurate, and powerful home subwoofer I became quite frustrated and decided to just build my own. I hooked up with a guy up in Minnesota who helped me on the business end of things and I eventually started offering my Daber Audio subwoofers to the home audio crowd.

I also do restoration work/custom builds for home audio guys. Anything from a simple refoam/recone, to crossover mods, to cabinet repair, to custom monitors.

Last year I decided that I wanted to take a stab at the Car Audio market. The """"SQL"""" subs are similar to the home sub drivers I use. I am in the process of doing some modifications that will make them less similar and I will start a seperate thread about that either later this week or Monday, it just depends on what kind of time I have to post a new in depth topic. Yesterday I leaked the T/S specs on the upcoming """"SQL"""" DVC 12 inch drivers. These will most likely come out after a few other projects get released.

We are currently in the beginning stages of bringing out a component set. The component set has a couple of areas that are causing me problems and I am seeking solutions for them (and I think we are almost there). I'm a crossover freak. I don't care how good your drivers are - If you are not using quality components (caps, coils, resistors) you are not realizing the full potential of your drivers. The problem is, true audiophile grade components can get bulky, and therefore the outboard x-over box is rather large (which we all know can be a hindrance to not only installation but to sales). The other issue is that the tweeters have a considerable mounting size. For you sound quality freaks, and talented installers, this is no big deal. However, it's most likely an obstacle for the average consumer.

High output drivers are coming. I'm not going to say a lot at this point, because they too will get their own thread. There are some details that have not been hammered out, but rest assured, when they are they will go here first.

It's been a slow process, but I'm working to speed things. I'm very excited about what the future holds, and I'm glad to be here. I've got a few different projects going on, so please don't be offended if it takes me a day or so to respond. I REALLY appreciate the warm welcomes that I have received from Aaron, Mark, and the rest of you guys here at the forum.

Thank you,

Steve Brown

Daber Audio

Welcome! I wish nothing but the best for you and your business!

You seem like a good guy with lots of knowledge.

Good to have you here. :)

I think people would love to see your home audio projects.

I think you are correct. I have a TERRIBLE habit of not taking pictures of work in progress. I do have some pictures that I can dig up though. I will try to post some tonight. Thanks for the suggestion!

I think you are correct. I have a TERRIBLE habit of not taking pictures of work in progress. I do have some pictures that I can dig up though. I will try to post some tonight. Thanks for the suggestion!

I think you should also join HAF and post your pictures.

I think you should also join HAF and post your pictures.

I plan on it., actually. Right now I just took a break from a pair of three way monitors that I am building. I am REALLY close to having them done and hope to have them finished tonight. They are nothing too special, but they are pleasant to look at and sound surprisingly great.

Welcome .... :drink40:

Looking forward to the progress on all the new products!

Just an fyi ..... Were all pic freaks here, so the more the better. :lol:

Welcome to SSA, im looking for some better comps right now. ill be your tester for the new products. WINK WINK. lol welcome again,

Welcome. Definitely interested in what you are working on. Sounds like fun.

I want to see pictures of the Gravissima and videos of it in use