Thumpper

The Toyota "Sticking Gas Pedal Syndrome"

I just watched a news feed about a Toyota sedan racing down the highway

at high speeds while a Police Car got ahead of it and helped it come to a stop.........

I know that Toyota has recalled most cars because of this problem but I see a bigger

one that JUST BOGGLES MY MIND

why didn't he just TURN OFF THE IGNITION and kill the engine or put the damn thing in NEUTRAL ???

instead he let it race out at high speeds riding the brakes ,burning them off while calling 911......JUST WOW...LOL

are people really that dumb??????? wholly

lol good point... e brake or anything at all?

I thought the same thing when I first saw the article online. Then I realized that in the heat of the moment most people are not thinking with a clear mind. Whatever the case crazy how Toyota hasn't had any lawsuits yet. Have they?

that's what they advised on the news around here, shift in neutral, kill the ignition, then break.

excuse to drive fast... wait i drive a honda lol ill stick to my MPGs

hahaha foreal...

"but officer, i was only going 40 over because my pedal got stuck"

"sir, thats only for the prius"

"dammit....."

hahaha foreal...

"but officer, i was only going 40 over because my pedal got stuck"

"sir, thats only for the prius"

"dammit....."

X2 :werd_msword:

Dumbasses. :(

Would you believe that the entire ordeal is media-driven and there actually is NOT a problem with the vehicles at all?

Don't ask me how I know this

Would you believe that the entire ordeal is media-driven and there actually is NOT a problem with the vehicles at all?

it's believable. media is crazy powerful on the masses.

why would they advise you to kill the engine. how would you steer until it stopped lol

the stearing still works ( a little harder but it still functions)

whrn I was younger me and my friends used to coast our vehicles from Big White turn

off on Highway 33 ( 1/2 hour drive from Kelowna ) and we used to coast right into town

with out any problems....LOTS of corners

my first car had a throttle cable that would frey every 6 months or so and start sticking

( it was a 1972 TOYOTA Corolla...LOL )..... all I would do is shut off the ignition and

pull over to stop....hell....once I even used a shoe lace to go thru the fire wall and connect

the pedal to the carborator...

why would they advise you to kill the engine. how would you steer until it stopped lol

Normally if the vehicle is in gear and the key is in power steering will still work.

I completely believe this.

but for the people who dont know that and panic it can be a serious problem. i've delt with my fair share of buckets but to the average person who hadnt had a car go dead at 70 they would shit bricks lol

The Toyotas with this "problem" all have electronic assisted steering with an electric pump versus the standard belt driven hydraulic pump. As long as the key is in the RUN position, the steering will still work. Also, they used to make cars without power steering not too long ago. What did those people do? The only real issue here would be if they turned the key all the way off and the steering wheel locked.

How will steering work if the engine is off the belt isnt' turning the pump, so how is the power steering working????Just my .02.

The Toyotas with this "problem" all have electronic assisted steering with an electric pump versus the standard belt driven hydraulic pump. As long as the key is in the RUN position, the steering will still work. Also, they used to make cars without power steering not too long ago. What did those people do? The only real issue here would be if they turned the key all the way off and the steering wheel locked.

How will steering work if the engine is off the belt isnt' turning the pump, so how is the power steering working????Just my .02.

it's only power assist...the stearing still works with the engine off

you should try driving an old vehicle with armstrong stearing

(my bad..most kids now adays have NO Idea what that is...LOL)

here is an Idea.....turn your key on so the stearing un locks and have a buddy push while

you stear.......it'a a little harder to deal with but not impossible

I have got a old 1940s ford truck in the drive way already know that feeling.

I know whatcha mean ;)

oh the run position not just in the ignition see nobody said that. and what average person knows this