Don Ganso

Running .67

Impedence rise thread in Sundown Technical saved me! I cannot count on impedence rise because I will be using the same set up for daily, in which case I may even see impedence drop! Saved my butt a load of stress! 1.33 it is then!

the imp rise is box/car dependent but from what ive seen sundowns sa line has a low rise,...... im running at .66 daily man lol amp doesn't even get hot i ran for 2 hours almost full tilt on the way to my demo yesterday and have had no issues, just find the right amp and you will be ok

i have a sundown 3500 d and i will be running 3 fi ssd 18's d2's and i talked to scott from fi last night and he said my best option would be to wire them in series to a .93 load will this be safe daily?

i have a sundown 3500 d and i will be running 3 fi ssd 18's d2's and i talked to scott from fi last night and he said my best option would be to wire them in series to a .93 load will this be safe daily?

.93?

thanks guys and yes .93 three d2's in series is .93 because of the coils actual impedences this is what scott from fi said it would end up being

You should never, never, what so ever count on imp rise on a daily system. Music is a whole different ball game when it comes to single tone burps. Playing below tuning can easily drop the impedence down. ( and trust me it's possible with s&c music or music that gets low)

When I had my SAZ-1000's at .5 each, strapped at 1, if the song dropped to low the fuses would pop. Just be careful.

just a note, i run my 1500 at .66 and run that daily for long periods of time,at 20hz we saw a rise of 4x and got 1600w @12v 2.6ohms, if it would have had more juice i might have popped a fuse

Well, on a side note, I guess I will be running 1 ohm, as money is tighter than anticipated and 2 SA-8s are all that the budget allows right now.

Thanks again everyone for the help, I hope this thread is useful to other people as well.