chasinSKURT

Difference in performance between MB Quart 1500D and Sundown SAZ-1500D

I even heard that from an Image Dynamics Tech

Heh....the ID guys also had some kooky thoughts about amplifiers. If ECA wasn't deceased I'd try to find the threads where ID was, for example, telling people that using a class D amp on their IDMax subwoofers would damage the subs......

Glad I could help, what did you decide to go with?

I bought the MBQ 1500.1D for $188.43 shipped

:shrug: :shrug: :shrug: :shrug: :woot: :woot: :woot: :woot:

Glad I could help, what did you decide to go with?

I bought the MBQ 1500.1D for $188.43 shipped

:shrug: :shrug: :shrug: :shrug: :woot: :woot: :woot: :woot:

Congrats. :drink40:

Post up a review letting us know how it works for you. Thats a hella good price.

I even heard that from an Image Dynamics Tech

Heh....the ID guys also had some kooky thoughts about amplifiers. If ECA wasn't deceased I'd try to find the threads where ID was, for example, telling people that using a class D amp on their IDMax subwoofers would damage the subs......

I always thought that was truth... :ehh:

Dont forget to post a build log with pictures, what will this amp be powering?

haha.

Phi, the reason why i didn't consider your audiopipe recommendation is because i had already bought the MB Quart AMP.

At the time i bought it i was on a budget. But, as of late, some funds have come in :drink40:

Having that extra money, i was thinking about a Sundown amp instead. People rave about sundown and how they're built like diamonds - rock solid and absolutely gorgeous

made my mouse clicker finger twitch :trippy:

When they come in, the 1500.1D will be powering a pair of Sundown SA-8 D4 Subs

a bit off topic, but why is the $425 SAZ-1500D twice as expencive as the $275 SAE-1200D?

a bit off topic, but why is the $425 SAZ-1500D twice as expencive as the $275 SAE-1200D?

The best person to answer that question would be Jacob, for he is the only one who can answer that. The SAE-1200D is an entry level amp while the SAZ line is the competitive line. Not really twice as expensive neither but I get your drift.

The best person to answer that question would be Jacob, for he is the only one who can answer that. The SAE-1200D is an entry level amp while the SAZ line is the competitive line. Not really twice as expensive neither but I get your drift.

sorry, my math skills are failing me at the moment haha

I'll send him an email

I thought Jacob had a thread or post in his forum about the differences between the SAZ and SAE, but can't seem to find it at the moment.

The SAZ 1500 is stable up to 18v and the SAE 1200 is stable to 14.4

I thought Jacob had a thread or post in his forum about the differences between the SAZ and SAE, but can't seem to find it at the moment.

I found this from another forum:

"To expand on what Canaan said, the SAE-1200D is not meant to be stable or handle below 1ohm like the SAZ-1500D can, or meant to handle 17volts like the SAZ-1500D can. "

seem right?

so if i dont have any need of going below 1 ohm or putting in 17+ volts, the SAE is a better choice?

Yeah the SAE is a better choice if it fits your needs and budget, since your needs are running a system on less then 15 volts and not under 1 ohm while giving you more than a 1000 watts.

The SAE is made in a different build house, with different parts then the SAZ models.

SAZ offers an operating voltage of 10-16 volts, strapping capability, 24db per octave crossover, variable phase shift. This amp is strappable with another one.

SAE line is the entry level line. Operating voltage of 12-14.4 volts, 12db per octave crossover. Switchable phase shift. This amp cannot be strapped.

Both are very strong and are underrated great sounding amps.

If you do not need everything the SAZ has to offer (higher voltage, higher output, strappable, etc) over the SAE then yes, the SAE would be a more affordable yet satisfactory option.

If you do not need everything the SAZ has to offer (higher voltage, higher output, strappable, etc) over the SAE then yes, the SAE would be a more affordable yet satisfactory option.

Exactly. The SAE has made a lot of happy customers. Shame that MBQ is just a badge that is slapped on now.

Exactly. The SAE has made a lot of happy customers. Shame that MBQ is just a badge that is slapped on now.

x2 MB Quart, Lanzar, Autotek, HiFonics, Crunch, etc, etc still sell these days but only because of their reputation from years back before Maxxsonics took over. I would've rather spent a few extra bucks and gone with the Sundown. I can't believe that people are even comparing the two. What has this world come too?!?! Ever heard the term "You get what you pay for"? Besides.....wasn't MB Quart a high quality German speaker company? Now all of a sudden they build amps that are made in Taiwan/Korea/China (no offense Sundown) with a badge that says 100,000,000 watts RMS per channel @ 4ohm! Same with new HiFonics like the Brutus that everyone seems to be thrilled about. IMO all it amplifies is distortion but then again you really can't hear it at low frequencies. Just my .02 :)

Edited by ESW

x2 MB Quart, Lanzar, Autotek, HiFonics, Crunch, etc, etc still sell these days but only because of their reputation from years back before Maxxsonics took over. I would've rather spent a few extra bucks and gone with the Sundown. I can't believe that people are even comparing the two. What has this world come too?!?! Ever heard the term "You get what you pay for"? Besides.....wasn't MB Quart a high quality German speaker company? Now all of a sudden they build amps that are made in Taiwan/Korea/China with a badge that says 100,000,000 watts RMS per channel @ 4ohm! Same with new HiFonics like the Brutus that everyone seems to be thrilled about. IMO all it amplifies is distortion but then again you really can't hear it at low frequencies. Just my .02 :)

everything is made in china/taiwan/korea...its cheaper.

Edited by Brandon Daily

x2 MB Quart, Lanzar, Autotek, HiFonics, Crunch, etc, etc still sell these days but only because of their reputation from years back before Maxxsonics took over. I would've rather spent a few extra bucks and gone with the Sundown. I can't believe that people are even comparing the two. What has this world come too?!?! Ever heard the term "You get what you pay for"? Besides.....wasn't MB Quart a high quality German speaker company? Now all of a sudden they build amps that are made in Taiwan/Korea/China with a badge that says 100,000,000 watts RMS per channel @ 4ohm! Same with new HiFonics like the Brutus that everyone seems to be thrilled about. IMO all it amplifies is distortion but then again you really can't hear it at low frequencies. Just my .02 :)

Yeah but unfortunately the quality has plunged as well with many products. Not necessarily all but maybe a good 90% of it.

Yeah but unfortunately the quality has plunged as well with many products. Not necessarily all but maybe a good 90% of it.

lol i wouldnt know...i wasnt old enough to drive b4 everything was made in other countries.

x2 MB Quart, Lanzar, Autotek, HiFonics, Crunch, etc, etc still sell these days but only because of their reputation from years back before Maxxsonics took over. I would've rather spent a few extra bucks and gone with the Sundown. I can't believe that people are even comparing the two. What has this world come too?!?! Ever heard the term "You get what you pay for"? Besides.....wasn't MB Quart a high quality German speaker company? Now all of a sudden they build amps that are made in Taiwan/Korea/China (no offense Sundown) with a badge that says 100,000,000 watts RMS per channel @ 4ohm! Same with new HiFonics like the Brutus that everyone seems to be thrilled about. IMO all it amplifies is distortion but then again you really can't hear it at low frequencies. Just my .02 :)

Your speaker will experience the distortion :(

What is ya'lls opinion on the new Diamond Audio amps?? Have they gone down in quality??

What is ya'lls opinion on the new Diamond Audio amps?? Have they gone down in quality??

I wouldn't know. I've heard Diamond Audio play but never did have the pleasure of owning any. Are you asking because you're looking at buying that particular brand OR because you already own it?