chasinSKURT

Difference in performance between MB Quart 1500D and Sundown SAZ-1500D

I noticed a huge difference in sound quality and output doing a direct swap from a Kicker to Sundown 4 channel. bassahaulic did too when he switched from a Kicker KX900.4 to an SAX-100.4.

yea, while psychoacoustics plays a role in alot of peoples comparasons, its not always like that, go from a lower quality amp to a higher quality amp and its almost a guarentee that ur going to hear some kind of a difference.

i just got my saz1500d and it replaced the hifonics 1610d and it made a huge difference...not only was it louder, but it sounded cleaner. like the bass was much more crisp.

Finally, someone who noticed the same thing I did when it comes to the sound of the Hifonics amps. The sound is just not clean, muddy and slightly distorted, and not just at high volume levels. I would recommend going ahead and spending the extra $$$ on the Sundown. Being that Maxxsonics makes both, and with my experience thus far with Maxxsonics built amps I have to recommend the Sundown, Audiopipe, or something other than the Maxxsonics built products.

i just got my saz1500d and it replaced the hifonics 1610d and it made a huge difference...not only was it louder, but it sounded cleaner. like the bass was much more crisp.

Finally, someone who noticed the same thing I did when it comes to the sound of the Hifonics amps. The sound is just not clean, muddy and slightly distorted, and not just at high volume levels. I would recommend going ahead and spending the extra $$$ on the Sundown. Being that Maxxsonics makes both, and with my experience thus far with Maxxsonics built amps I have to recommend the Sundown, Audiopipe, or something other than the Maxxsonics built products.

i have heard that the mb quart amps are an improvement over the hifonics amps. not sure if its true but ik my sundown sounds better than my hifonics. i would def still go with sundown, even if the amps were equal, i would pay the extra for great customer service all day long.

Hey fellas, calm down. I did say I was not knocking Sundown. Far from it, they are a very good product.

I am not trying to change anyone's mind, just voicing my opinion and that is that class D is class D. It's all dirty.

Now piss off. Ha Ha.

I noticed a huge difference in sound quality and output doing a direct swap from a Kicker to Sundown 4 channel. bassahaulic did too when he switched from a Kicker KX900.4 to an SAX-100.4.

yea, while psychoacoustics plays a role in alot of peoples comparasons, its not always like that, go from a lower quality amp to a higher quality amp and its almost a guarentee that ur going to hear some kind of a difference.

I was not talking to you.

Hey fellas, calm down. I did say I was not knocking Sundown. Far from it, they are a very good product.

I am not trying to change anyone's mind, just voicing my opinion and that is that class D is class D. It's all dirty.

Now piss off. Ha Ha.

lol nah man i wasnt getting my panties in a bunch, i was just saying that i actually did get a noticable difference, but u are correct in saying that alot of people have the thought in their head that its going to be louder, even tho its really not, they think it is.

I was not talking to you.

ik bro, i was agreeing with you tho.

The Sundown SAZ-1500D .... Highly underrated!

A lot of people say that, yet no one has provided actual verification the times I've asked for it. So....got a link to an actual bench test that verifies this?

CURRENT PRICE WISE COMPARISON:

MB QUART DSC 1500.1D : $188.41 shipped

Sundown Audio SAZ-1500D: $425 shipped

So basically what i get from this thread is that the Sundown is a bit easier on the electrical because it can operate at lower voltages. Also that the Sundown Audio customer service is top notch.

are these advantages worth the $230 price difference? sure the sundown is in my budget, but if i spent less and went with the MB quart i could spend that price difference elsewhere.

go from a lower quality amp to a higher quality amp and its almost a guarentee that ur going to hear some kind of a difference.

Meh, possible but unlikely. More likely it's a difference in power or some system setting.

A lot of people say that, yet no one has provided actual verification the times I've asked for it. So....got a link to an actual bench test that verifies this?

SAZ-1500D POWER TESTING - SSA Car Audio Forum

http://www.sundownaudio.com/misc/_AMP_POWER/1500D/CIMG2493.MOV

http://www.sundownaudio.com/misc/_AMP_POWER/1500D/CIMG2494.MOV

go from a lower quality amp to a higher quality amp and its almost a guarentee that ur going to hear some kind of a difference.

Meh, possible but unlikely. More likely it's a difference in power or some system setting.

this exactly.

I dont know much about car audio, but this theory makes more sense to me.

im sure its a difference in power, bc i havnt fine tuned the sundown yet, but i set the gain to where it sounded the best and left the ssf and hpf where it was...but on the hifonics i spent a decent amount of time setting it to where it sounded best, and imo the sundown sounds quite a bit better than the hifonics as it is now, ill set the sundown up 2marrow and im guessing it will sound even better. to me tho the sundown just sounds cleaner.

Edited by Brandon Daily

http://www.sundownau...0D/CIMG2493.MOV

http://www.sundownau...0D/CIMG2494.MOV

Those are useless clamp tests....NOT what I asked for.

The sundown won't be less stress on your electricals because it does what it says at a lower voltage. And OP did you not consider the amp I said?

http://www.sundownau...0D/CIMG2493.MOV

http://www.sundownau...0D/CIMG2494.MOV

o my bad, what are you looking for? like if it doesnt take expensive equipment i would be more than happy to do it for you 2marrow.

im sure its a difference in power, bc i havnt fine tuned the sundown yet, but i set the gain to where it sounded the best and left the ssf and hpf where it was...but on the hifonics i spent a decent amount of time setting it to where it sounded best, and imo the sundown sounds quite a bit better than the hifonics as it is now, ill set the sundown up 2marrow and im guessing it will sound even better. to me tho the sundown just sounds cleaner.

So you admit that it really has nothing to do with hearing a difference between the amplifiers :)

So you admit that it really has nothing to do with hearing a difference between the amplifiers :)

no actually not at all...the hifonics was set to sound the best it could and i havnt set the ssf or the hpf on the sundown and it already sounds cleaner...its just got a crisper bass to it.

o my bad, what are you looking for? like if it doesnt take expensive equipment i would be more than happy to do it for you 2marrow.

You wouldn't be able to do it in your driveway ;)

For starters, a distortion measurement would be helpful.

So basically what i get from this thread is that the Sundown is a bit easier on the electrical because it can operate at lower voltages. Also that the Sundown Audio customer service is top notch.

are these advantages worth the $230 price difference? sure the sundown is in my budget, but if i spent less and went with the MB quart i could spend that price difference elsewhere.

To me it will come down to personal preference, if you feel that is important to you then go for it and if not then go with the MB Quart. I could of choose a Audioque AQ2200D, Hifonics BXI2610, Rockford Fosgate BD2000.1 but I choose the Sundown SAZ-2000D for those reasons and have not looked back. One thing I always go buy is cheaper is not always better, I even heard that from an Image Dynamics Tech when I was asking about the MB Quart DSC4125 vs. Sundown SAX-100.4 today. I understand that you want to save money if you can, both will put out 2000 rms and play a sub quite well. If your interested in saving money then go for the MB Quart and if you interested in getting the best with your given budget then go with Sundown.

You wouldn't be able to do it in your driveway ;)

For starters, a distortion measurement would be helpful.

o lol if i could i would

If the Sundown isn't worth $230 more to you, then go with MBQ.

^^^^Exactly what I said, what is important to you will determine what amp is better for you.

To me it will come down to personal preference, if you feel that is important to you then go for it and if not then go with the MB Quart. I could of choose a Audioque AQ2200D, Hifonics BXI2610, Rockford Fosgate BD2000.1 but I choose the Sundown SAZ-2000D for those reasons and have not looked back. One thing I always go buy is cheaper is not always better, I even heard that from an Image Dynamics Tech when I was asking about the MB Quart DSC4125 vs. Sundown SAX-100.4 today. I understand that you want to save money if you can, both will put out 2000 rms and play a sub quite well. If your interested in saving money then go for the MB Quart and if you interested in getting the best with your given budget then go with Sundown.

thanks. i got my answer

Glad I could help, what did you decide to go with?