Ive been lookin around and not finding much of what im looking for. Im going to need one of those volt meters like the infamous "stinger" one everybody seems to have.. problem is that thing is ugly as can be and too flashy for me.. the whole big bright stinger thing isnt for me. I would prefer a small, simple voltage meter i can mount anywhere i choose. If someone can point me in the right direction i would really appreciate it. :) thanks

thats better. thanks.. any other stuff out there?

Edited by smashedz28

the stingers ARE NOT that bad you know. you cna alway put a piece of black tape over the stinger part or use a some bubble gum packing as a filter! (it is what i do)

u could always get the round non-digital ones they have in like jegs or summit or w/e.

ya i dont' like the analog volt meters to much (the round ones with the needles) they are hard to read and they do wear out since there are moving parts in the long run get a digital one! jsut don't forget to adjust the digital one every now and then lol!!

ill check out summit and jegs, thanks. as far as the tape id rather not go that route lol. i may end up doing that if it gets bad lol. I will need to keep an eye on voltage, just dont want the car behind me to see it too lol.

well i ONLY use the TAPE/ gum box idea B/C mine is on my dash and at night time (only at night) it is pretty bright out in the dark!

IMG_4660.jpg picture by CcCrazy - Photobucket

notice how it covers up the OLD volt meter lol!

nice location

if i end up with that thing its getting a cover built lol. not sure what it is.. ive never even used a stinger product before.. but for some reason i dont like the name at all lol. probably cause there shit is expensive and the stereo shops around here will rape you $8 per foot for some 1/0 stinger wire not to mention all the accessories. sure there stuff is good, but im gonna stay anti-stinger LOL.

i am with you man they over charge on wire like mad cats lol so i went KNU lol but for 18$ that isnt' a bad deal plus look how small it is compared to the other ones i showed you and then compare it to the summit ones whihc are like a 4inch diamter (maybe 3 or less not 100% sure on that one though)

i NEVER liked stinger anything the ONLY thing i ever purchased from them was the voltmeter due to its size and there blue matches the SAZ2000 blue turn on light! lol

well i ONLY use the TAPE/ gum box idea B/C mine is on my dash and at night time (only at night) it is pretty bright out in the dark!

IMG_4660.jpg picture by CcCrazy - Photobucket

notice how it covers up the OLD volt meter lol!

nice location

why thankyou!! and another plus is at night i reflex in the lower part of my window sure the numbers are backwwards but i can still make them out lol!!! and they don't screw with my driving lol! my dvd player screws with my driving now lol!!

if i end up with that thing its getting a cover built lol. not sure what it is.. ive never even used a stinger product before.. but for some reason i dont like the name at all lol. probably cause there shit is expensive and the stereo shops around here will rape you $8 per foot for some 1/0 stinger wire not to mention all the accessories. sure there stuff is good, but im gonna stay anti-stinger LOL.

Your ripping yourself off by buying car audio products and accessories from local car audio shops, the only good thing about purchasing from a local car audio shop is the convenience factor.

Your ripping yourself off by buying car audio products and accessories from local car audio shops, the only good thing about purchasing from a local car audio shop is the convenience factor.

true story the only think i have ever purchased from a car audio shop is some mini ANL fuse, remote wire, terminals, and my first ever sub! (kicker comp d2 12inch sub)

just mount it low. i have mine pretty low, enough angle not to see the stinger logo and not have it blinding me at night. works well. (blue stinger meter)

I was a Stinger dealer. Assholes.

WAS?

not enough volume sales or jsut got board of sales lol

and i didn't mean to bash you or stinger (although it may have sounded like that sorry)

WAS?

and i didn't mean to bash you or stinger (although it may have sounded like that sorry)

I worked for a Stinger dealer, but moved. It's good product, a problem arises when dealers charge MSRP, which really isn't needed :( When I was selling it we'd charge just barely above our cost, my boss wasn't in the business to make tons of money by ripping people off, we preferred to help people :)

aww i c so you are one of those legendary guys who ppl talk about who dont' charge and arm and leg lol!!!

WAS?

I worked for a Stinger dealer, but moved. It's good product, a problem arises when dealers charge MSRP, which really isn't needed :( When I was selling it we'd charge just barely above our cost, my boss wasn't in the business to make tons of money by ripping people off, we preferred to help people :)

hmmmm, glad I caught this thread. I think one of those ebay volt meter displays may be able to custom fit into a place in my truck. Anybody have any experience with those or anything other than the stinger?

I was a Stinger dealer. arsehos.

WAS?

Wish we had a shop like that around here!

But we still need to support our local shops. After all the local shops help keep the industry going!!! Yea it's nice yo save a buck, but by saving a buck your taking money out of our local shop. Keep taking money out of your local shop= NO MORE local shop!!!!! Just my 2 cents.

But yes the stinger vot meters are BRIGHT but they work great and small enough to mount anywhere.