hondakilla98

Hondakilla98's build log

I started on a new sub box for the RE SX15 in my 98 jeep grand Cherokee yesterday. It's 4 cu ft net tuned to 31 hertz, sub firing up, slot port firing back. This was my first ported box build, and came out alright. It still needs alot of finish work. I'll post pics later today.

Edited by hondakilla98

:popcorn:

On with the pics fatty :dancing: . :ttiwwop:

Looks good. I like it. Wish I had the ambition to build my own sub boxes. LOL.

Looks good dude. borrow a router and clean up the edges and flush mount that bitch.

My list of up coming projects for the jeep are, run new power wire (1/0), do big three, add second battery, change door speakers, install 4 channel amp for mids, put in sound deadening, find a good deal on an SSA XCON, take out dvd player/monitor and sell it. I've already purchased 100 sq ft of rattle trap, all 1/0 wiring, terminals, fuse holders, etc.., focal 165 A1 components (2 sets, looks like i'll have a set to sell), Eclipse 3242 4 channel amp, Sundown SAZ-1500D and, Kinetic power cells HC1400(starting battery), HC800(rear battery), Curently intalled I have an Alpine CDA-9886 HU, PXA-H100 crossover, Kicker KX1200.1, RE SX15D4 in 4 cu ft slot ported box tuned to 31 hz, Infinity Refererence coaxial 6.5's in all four doors.

Looks good. I like it. Wish I had the ambition to build my own sub boxes. LOL.

Thanks. It took me a while to get motivated to start it. I've been thinking about it for months. Now that i got started I need to keep motivated and finish the rest of my install.

Looks good dude. borrow a router and clean up the edges and flush mount that bitch.

I'm going to square up all the edges with a belt sander and then i'll borrow a router and round all the square edges on the box and in the port. We'll see about the flush mount. Then paint the box.

You sound like me with the constant changes in audio equipment :drink40: It truly is an addiction.....and an expensive one :trippy:

BTW-nice work bro!

Edited by chicagofan

You sound like me with the constant changes in audio equipment :drink40: It truly is an addiction.....and an expensive one :trippy:

BTW-nice work bro!

Well i bought the jeep with the system in it from a friend. I swapped out the Alpine IDA-x100 for the CDA-9886, added the eq, changed out the alpine MRP-F450 for a Kicker ZX750.1, then traded that for the KX1200.1, and have now swapped that out for an SAZ-1500D that I bought from Lunchbox(Steve Mead on the forum). The sub was an Alpine Type S 12 in a sealed box, then a JL 12W3V2 sealed, then a Rockford P3 12" sealed, and then the RE SX15D4 that i just put in a new box. It really hasn't been that expensive untill recently. Since i did a lot of trading and always came out ahead. I think all together when i'm done with this batch of upgrades I'll be less than $1000 total into the system.

^^^^^^^^^ hey thats me. :joshers3:

I started on installing the focal mids today. I have the passenger side in and they sound good. Now I need to work on staging and getting them some more power. I'll post up pics tomorrow.

Here are some pics.

DSCN2141.jpg

DSCN2142.jpg

DSCN2150.jpg

DSCN2154.jpg

DSCN2152.jpg

DSCN2151.jpg

DSCN2161.jpg

box looks just like mine but sub back lol nice work

I started on cleaning up my wires to the eq and amp. And installing a 4 channel to run the focals up front. When i got my Eclipse 3242 installed I found out it didn't work. So now I'll have to run my backup. An Alpine MRP-F250. It should work for now untill I can get the 3242 fixed. Now I just need to figure out my wiring harness to the door speakers. I"ll post some pics later.

I started on cleaning up my wires to the eq and amp. And installing a 4 channel to run the focals up front. When i got my Eclipse 3242 installed I found out it didn't work. So now I'll have to run my backup. An Alpine MRP-F250. It should work for now untill I can get the 3242 fixed. Now I just need to figure out my wiring harness to the door speakers. I"ll post some pics later.

Looks good so far keep it up I cant wait to start on mine.....hope that 3424 gets repaired

eq wiring before

DSCN2182.jpg

During

DSCN2197.jpg

After

DSCN2198.jpg

Theft Deterrent

DSCN2185.jpg

Focals temporarily installed

DSCN2179.jpg

Speaker spacer i made that ended up being too thick. (the door panel wouldn't go back on)

DSCN2192.jpg

Overhead alpine dvd player uninstalled. It will be up for sale soon in the classifieds

DSCN2183.jpg

I have an Active front stage in my jeep! I moved the tweeters to the factory location in the dash. Got my wires ran and hidden. Finally got to put my door panels back on. Put a layer of fattmat on both sides of my woofer spacer in the door. And played with the crossover a little. It still needs more tuning. But it already sounds better. Now I need to work on deadening and ordering MLV and CCF. Then I can tear the doors apart again.

My list of up coming projects for the jeep are, run new power wire (1/0), do big three, add second battery, change door speakers, install 4 channel amp for mids, put in sound deadening, find a good deal on an SSA XCON, take out dvd player/monitor and sell it. I've already purchased 100 sq ft of rattle trap, all 1/0 wiring, terminals, fuse holders, etc.., focal 165 A1 components (2 sets, looks like i'll have a set to sell), Eclipse 3242 4 channel amp, Sundown SAZ-1500D and, Kinetic power cells HC1400(starting battery), HC800(rear battery), Curently intalled I have an Alpine CDA-9886 HU, PXA-H100 crossover, Kicker KX1200.1, RE SX15D4 in 4 cu ft slot ported box tuned to 31 hz, Infinity Refererence coaxial 6.5's in all four doors.

Nooooo, install both sets!

EDIT: No screws in the box?

Edited by BanginGMC

why both?

why both?

So it can be loouuuuddd.

I had my H100 under the drivers seat just like that. Makes changing RCA connections alot easier, not counting you can use shorter patch cables. tongue.gif

The box lOoks gOod Brother, Keep up the good work.smile.gif