steveo50

three6 mafia

well my set up is in the sig. i played the three6 mofia song late night tip (slowed down) and my amp cuts out. i can play any other song same vol and every thing just asking if some one knows y it dose that.

Did it for me on my old system. I think its because some of the bassnotes are such powerhogs it doesnt want to put the sub in danger. That is just my guess. Someone else will probably have a more detailed and scientific explanation. Just my .02

like my buddy who is a retard said the song is made for 15"s.....and thats y.....but that sounds like a better answer thank you for the reply

well my set up is in the sig. i played the three6 mofia song late night tip (slowed down) and my amp cuts out. i can play any other song same vol and every thing just asking if some one knows y it dose that.

Everybody does not have signature's turned on, so giving us more information to help you out. What is your sub wired to, how did you set your amp up, enclosure specs and so on, electrical upgrades?

like my buddy who is a retard said the song is made for 15"s.....and thats y.....but that sounds like a better answer thank you for the reply

:roflmao:

A song is not made for one type of speaker, dont even know how he came up with it. It has to do with your electrical, amp settings or how you have your sub wired.

its an ia death row wired at one ohm,1200w brutus,8 gage wire 100a fuse, and the box is built to spec (not sure what the specs are) kob hooked it all up.there are no power upgrades.

its an ia death row wired at one ohm,1200w brutus,8 gage wire 100a fuse, and the box is built to spec (not sure what the specs are) kob hooked it all up.there are no power upgrades.

Definitely need to get bigger wire for one, that gauge will not cut it for the power you are trying to pull out of that amp (that seems like the main fail in the setup right now). You need to do the Big 3 and get a volt meter to watch your voltage but I would get that wire changed out ASAP.

8 gauge with no electrical upgrades is more then likely the culprit, I wouldn't be surprised if the voltage at the amp was dipping into single digits and staying there causing it to shut the amp off.

That is probably your problem. I am only going to be doing 600wrms and I have 4 gauge wire. I am also going to be doing my big 3 in 1/0. I believe 8 gauge wire is good for up to about 400 or 500 wrms. I might not have it exact but I believe that is the guidelines.

o shit my bad i have 4 gauge

Still should have 2 or bigger. Especially with no electrical upgrades.

That used to happen to me with my old Cadence TXA1000D, 4g wire, and my stock battery.

well ill prob be looking into it then

just get 1/0 or 0/1 guage wire and set your gains properly and problem solved

yea, i set my own gains and i have almost no clue what im doing. when i get some cash im going to take it to tommy have him set the gain. and it will be cheap for the 1/0 wire cuz bmw have the battery in the back hahaha!

What is your battery voltage at while playing?

By the way, get your buddy to join so we can lay some knowledge on him.

Upgrade that 4 gauge to at least 1 run of 1/0 power and 1/0 ground! Look into doing the "Big 3" upgrade.

Here are a couple helpful links to get you started ....

How To: Set your Amplifier Gain - SSA Car Audio Forum

THE BIG 3 - SSA Car Audio Forum

Read through these and if you have any questions....ASK!

love that song!

yea, i set my own gains and i have almost no clue what im doing. when i get some cash im going to take it to tommy have him set the gain. and it will be cheap for the 1/0 wire cuz bmw have the battery in the back hahaha!

But is your alternator in the back too.You need to do the big 3 with 1/0 or 0/1,8 guage wire is my speaker wire lol.