outhopu

93 Fleetwood Caddy build.

I couldn't even imagine how many hours you have logged into this frame already. Looking Awesome!!

I couldn't even imagine how many hours you have logged into this frame already. Looking Awesome!!

I'm not even keeping track. If I counted the hours I'd just get overwhelmed and give up. It's going to be into the thousands of hours by the time it sees the road again.

Thanks again as always.

While I'm waiting on a couple parts I've been grinding rewelding and grinding some more.

Picture131-2.jpg

Picture132-1.jpg

Picture125-3.jpg

Picture116-1.jpg

Everything is getting this level of finish. This section won't even been seen once the body is on. ;)

Picture130-2.jpg

Picture129-1.jpg

Picture123-3.jpg

Gonna be a shame to put a body covering up such a beautiful frame!

Picture123-3.jpg

I'm a curves kind of guy, but damn that is one sexy line.

Gonna be a shame to put a body covering up such a beautiful frame!

The nice thing is at least with it having hydraulics it can be raised up to display a lot of the work still.

I'm a curves kind of guy, but damn that is one sexy line.

I like the swoopy lines myself but anything that has to be straight I'm trying to make nice and crisp. All the corners will be rounded over after it comes back from the blasters after mock up.

Other side close to finished. Also got the top of the arches done. I'll wait to get the last few imperfections worked out until after all fab work is done and the frame comes back from being shot blasted.

Picture133-1.jpg

Picture135-1.jpg

Picture139-1.jpg

Picture136-1.jpg

Picture145.jpg

I'm just pushing ahead with grinding. I was able to remove the frame from the jig since all the plates are now welded. It's nice not having all the braces in the way now.

Getting the lower side polished down.

Picture154.jpg

Picture150-1.jpg

Picture161.jpg

Well this week hasn't been as productive as I wanted do to issues with getting the reams for the spindles. So I just moved on to getting the rearend full welded and polished before welding the brackets on it. I DA sanded the center section to get all the brake creases out of it and also to soften the corners a bit.

Picture164-2.jpg

Welded the ends on completely and polished them down.

Picture162-1.jpg

Diff. housing looking Sweet! Any updates?

Diff. housing looking Sweet! Any updates?

Thanks it's coming along. I've been slipping on updating this topic.

While I was waiting on the reams I moved on to assembling the axles and getting them in the housing to start sorting out the custom disc brakes I'm putting together.

First thing I had to do was drill the 5 on 5 bolt circle in the rotors.

Picture165-1.jpg

Then I bolted them up to see where I needed to mount the calipers.

Picture167-1.jpg

Picture168-1.jpg

Then my homie finally came through with the reams so I dropped working on the rearend and moved onto the spindles. Got them reamed and fit the new oversized uppers and lowers. Ended up being 1" taller overall.

Picture166-1.jpg

I didn't like how the geometry was working on the front end so I made an adjustble mock up lower to see if changing the length would get me the results I'm looking for. It did, now I have to start over on a new lower. Oh well shit happens.

Picture169-1.jpg

Had to modify my jig also.

Picture170-1.jpg

Version 2 of the lower a arm is under way. I'm actually glad I had to do another one. This time I'm doing it differently and should end up cleaner and stronger.

Picture172.jpg

Picture171.jpg

Even made a spanner wrench for tightening the pivot joints. I used a few layers of shrik wrap for a grip. Beats paying $35 for one.

Picture174.jpg

Picture173.jpg

i love everytime i see this thread pop up on the main screen. this build blows my mind. So much attention to detail. This is by far the best build log i have ever seen. Keep up the good work man. Your car will most definitely be 1 of a kind.

awesome work, is there another site or thread of continued progress?

WTF is that shit ^^^^^^

awesome work, is there another site or thread of continued progress?

I have another thread on layitlow.com but I've posted all the progress here also. Unfortunately my friend has basically gave up on finishing this project. I may finish the chassis and put it under my CoupeDeville though to prevent it going to waste. I don't think I'll be able to do anything much with the audio stuff at this point, time will tell.