emperorjj1

EmpJJ center channel

Cut the hole for the speaker. i wanted it as small as possible so it barely cleared the magnet.... i ended up having to make a slot for the wires thou

105_1798.jpg

I didn't get any pictures of the speaker ring but it had a roundover instead of being flat and had a kurff cut so it would bend with the dash. Nothing major just a slight bend BUT it made a huge difference in the end result. These pics are in mid sanding thou, the ring was fiberglassed to the dash popped off and i snapped some pics after the first stage of sanding

105_1800.jpg

105_1801.jpg

After looking at it on the dash half way ready i realized the orange wasn't going to work... So i painted the speaker while the final sanding and stuff was being done

105_1805.jpg

Soldered and heat shrunk the wires to the ES-03

105_1817.jpg

All done

105_1820.jpg

105_1824.jpg

105_1828.jpg

105_1830.jpg

I also added sound dampening to the dash pieces while i had them out. The original plan was to add LLP wherever i could get it but that turned out to be no where so damp and damp pro gonna do the brute of the work again. i forgot to take some pics of the piece on the very front of the dash but rest assured it got the second skin treatment

105_1774.jpg

105_1775.jpg

105_1776.jpg

105_1778.jpg

105_1782.jpg

105_1784.jpg

105_1789.jpg

105_1806.jpg

105_1807.jpg

105_1808.jpg

105_1809.jpg

105_1810.jpg

On the dash from the factory was a cotton piece to keep the dash from rattling on the ac vents. I put 2 layers of rattle pad in its spot to do the same. the rattle pad is much more dense and an overall better product so it should do well

105_1811.jpg

105_1814.jpg

I'm curious as to why you added the center channel? The fabrication looks awesome. ;)

me too ... you compete ??? looks great though ... :popcorn:

Looks really nice!!! I remember the days of having the dash removed!!! I hope you labeled all the wires!!! I didnt and man it was a huge pain in the arse!!

Nice lookin piece, I imagine taking the dash apart was a pain. That is some dedication right there :drink40: !

Thanks guys!. ya it was a pain to take out the dash but i had a write up to follow so it wasnt that bad.

me too ... you compete ??? looks great though ... :popcorn:

i have before, the reason for the center channel is ive always wanted to have 5.1 and I've always wanted to go to the usaci sq finals and compete in the dts surround sound class. I dont know if ill ever be able to do that but im one step closer to 5.1 already

How does a center channel affect the sound?

Looks good brother. What kind of car is this? What processor are you using?

He has a cobalt. Whats up from the cobalt forums Emp?

Your car is looking good as always

I assumed thats what the car was. What processor are you running?

How does a center channel affect the sound?

im not 100% sure yet. i cant fully play it together so but the main goal was to be able to play and possibly in the future compete in 5.1 dts... i don't quite know how the kenwood is going to do the center but im assuming it will still play with stereo music and if it does the 1" fosgate tweeter is going to be a big help

yup. not much man just trying to finish up the car. next on the list is ground from the front to the back... 2 runs of fosgate 1/0. the plan was today but forgot its easter so probably not till next week. thanks for the compliments man

2 3sixty.2's

USACI changed all their classes this year ... no DTS class ... With that type of modification, you might be in supermod, depends on the rest of your ride. The link is in my signature. Good luck. Great ride by the way. Clean work ...

:popcorn:

yup. not much man just trying to finish up the car. next on the list is ground from the front to the back... 2 runs of fosgate 1/0. the plan was today but forgot its easter so probably not till next week. thanks for the compliments man

i still did work today :peepwall: i ripped out the seats, pulled off the door panels, and ripped out the center counsel with the e-brake...Just to run the speaker wire for my comps under the carpet, and to run the rca's up the center of the car. Just got to get some speaker mounts since i have the basic system, and dont want to cut the speakers out

USACI changed all their classes this year ... no DTS class ... With that type of modification, you might be in supermod, depends on the rest of your ride. The link is in my signature. Good luck. Great ride by the way. Clean work ...

well fuck :No: (ur right) but im not 100% sure if the center automatically moves me to super mod. the door pods sure as hell do thou

i still did work today :peepwall: i ripped out the seats, pulled off the door panels, and ripped out the center counsel with the e-brake...Just to run the speaker wire for my comps under the carpet, and to run the rca's up the center of the car. Just got to get some speaker mounts since i have the basic system, and dont want to cut the speakers out

nice. just remember the stock batt power wire is halfway ran down the middle on the drivers side

well fuck :No: (ur right) but im not 100% sure if the center automatically moves me to super mod. the door pods sure as hell do thou

nice. just remember the stock batt power wire is halfway ran down the middle on the drivers side

Yeah i got the rca's going down the passanger side

2 3sixty.2's

Sweet! I can't wait to hear what you think of the 3sixty.2's. They look very capable, I would love the eq alonebiggrin.gif . I have a stupid question though, Does the center signal work with music too or just DVDs with 5.1?

I see where your at, I just got back from Carlsbad. I took the kids to the caverns for spring break.smile.gif WAAAAAY warmer down there.tongue.gif

2 3sixty.2's

Sweet! I can't wait to hear what you think of the 3sixty.2's. They look very capable, I would love the eq alonebiggrin.gif . I have a stupid question though, Does the center signal work with music too or just DVDs with 5.1?

I see where your at, I just got back from Carlsbad. I took the kids to the caverns for spring break.smile.gif WAAAAAY warmer down there.tongue.gif

i like em. lol honestly the xrossover is what i end up messing with the most. im not sure if the center works with stereo music or not but hopefully the answer is yes

2 3sixty.2's

i like em. lol honestly the xrossover is what i end up messing with the most. im not sure if the center works with stereo music or not but hopefully the answer is yes

I moved the right speaker to the center of the car temporarily and I Creamed myself.biggrin.gif Made me want to build the right speaker into my center console and say f*ck everybody else in the car, haha.peepwall.gif anyways thats what got me thinking about the center channal signal?

I am VERY HAPPY with my H100 for my purposes, and I too play with x-over alot. I usaully end up with the eq pretty flat anyways.trink40.gif

You going to wire the center up out of phase with the left and right channels ?? Using 2 seperate amps ??

??? am i supposed to?

yes the center will be on its own amp as soon as i can get to it. I didn't choose amps with small footprints at all (3 a600, 1 a200, 1mc423, 1 T40001bd)